Doddler's Kafra Girl Cards - Forum Event: Design a Card Effect - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Doddler's Kafra Girl Cards

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:00 PM

Here's my list of cards. My intentions were:

1) Make them realistic. They should be comparable to other cards without being to overpowered. They also can't use any effects that the GMs couldn't already implement.
2) Make them interesting. They should provide new effects that aren't common with other card sets.
3) Make them personal. The card prefix and effect should reflect the personalities (or percieved personalities) of the individual Kafra girl.

Without further adue, here goes.

Posted Image
Kafra Defolty Card
Sockets On: Headgear
Prefix: Compasionate
Description: Has a small (1%) chance to autocast Coluceo Heal Lv 3 when taking physical damage.

Posted Image
Kafra Glaris Card
Sockets On: Armor
Prefix: Studious
Description: Reduces SP cost of skills by 40%. When taking physical or magical damage, there's a high (30%) chance that you will drain 20sp per second over 5 seconds (for 100sp total).

Posted Image
Kafra Sorin Card
Sockets On: Weapon
Prefix: Devoted
Description: For each base stat at or above 100, adds +5% physical and magical damage.

Posted Image
Kafra Telling Card
Sockets On: Shoes
Prefix: Accepting
Description: Increases received heals and recovery by 8%.

Posted Image
Kafra Bennit Card
Sockets On: Garment
Prefix: Outgoing
Description: Increases resistance to neutral property by 1% for every 6 base VIT. Increases flee by +1 for every 6 base AGI. Increases critical damage by 1% for every 6 base LUK.

Posted Image
Kafra Debril Card
Sockets On: Accessory
Prefix: Care-free
Description: All Stats + 4. Each stat is reduced by 1 for every 25 base points in that stat (to a minimum of +0).

Card Combination Effect (All 6 cards equipped)
Description: Adds 10% resistance to all elements except neutral; increases physical and magical damage by 10%. If the set is equiped with Defolty, Glaris, Sorin, Telling, Bennit, or Debril doll, the resistance and damage bonuses increase by an additional 5%.

Edited by Doddler, 15 October 2010 - 01:04 PM.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:52 PM

Where are the other two Kafra ladies? T.T The blue haired one and the red haired one.

#3 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

Coluceo 1% chance when attacked? kinda OP since it'd be the only card allowing 3rd class skill, just saying ;P

#4 Pewpew

Pewpew

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

some pretty terrible ideas there
glaris one makes it possible for 0 sp cost, sorin one has the possibility of having 4x the effect of the sign or 2x that of bryn, bonnit allows better than ray neutral reduc but no decrease in other ele resist.

#5 Aynumi

Aynumi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:17 PM

you are missing the huge boobed one from lhz :)

#6 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:36 PM

some pretty terrible ideas there
glaris one makes it possible for 0 sp cost, sorin one has the possibility of having 4x the effect of the sign or 2x that of bryn, bonnit allows better than ray neutral reduc but no decrease in other ele resist.

You missed the point of Sorin, because it's on weapon and would take the place of a weapon card, which are usually 20% (though 10% for the future magic attack cards). Bonnit was indeed intended to allow you to go above raydric, but requires max vit to reach it, which is expensive, and even then will not allow you to reach the resistance of asprika.

With glaris, the ability to get 0 sp cost was intended, but I suppose I could make it more interesting. It sounds to me the effect is really good without the risk, if you already had 100% reduction in SP cost, then SP drain doesn't really hurt you. How's this for a try?

Card (Slots on Armor)
SP cost of skills -40%
When taking physical or damage there is a high (30%) chance that for the next 10 seconds you will drain 3% of your max SP every 2 seconds (for 15% total). If while your SP is being drained you do not have enough SP, your character dies.

So that way, you still need to have SP. You can't actually die easily since you can't double up on the auto-cast on hit effects and would actually take about a minute of taking damage to die, but it still offers an interesting penalty.

#7 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:28 PM

Wouldn't you only be able to achieve 0% SP cost with 2 Pharaoh cards? And... wouldn't not being able to use any of your skills be penalty enough for having 0 SP? ... I mean, if anything, just make sure that you can't get 0% SP cost. Even if the cost was 10%, that would mean having 0 SP makes you unable to use skills.

#8 Pewpew

Pewpew

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:01 PM

You missed the point of Sorin, because it's on weapon and would take the place of a weapon card, which are usually 20% (though 10% for the future magic attack cards). Bonnit was indeed intended to allow you to go above raydric, but requires max vit to reach it, which is expensive, and even then will not allow you to reach the resistance of asprika.

With glaris, the ability to get 0 sp cost was intended, but I suppose I could make it more interesting. It sounds to me the effect is really good without the risk, if you already had 100% reduction in SP cost, then SP drain doesn't really hurt you. How's this for a try?

Card (Slots on Armor)
SP cost of skills -40%
When taking physical or damage there is a high (30%) chance that for the next 10 seconds you will drain 3% of your max SP every 2 seconds (for 15% total). If while your SP is being drained you do not have enough SP, your character dies.

So that way, you still need to have SP. You can't actually die easily since you can't double up on the auto-cast on hit effects and would actually take about a minute of taking damage to die, but it still offers an interesting penalty.

and you missed the point about the sign/bryn and this sorin being +% physical/magical damage (ie, total damage), while 20% weapon cards increase equip atk? the bonnit goes above ray, but has non of the draw backs of dr is my point (best of both worlds?). 0 sp cost is broken, and anything that makes it possible is stupid.

#9 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:07 AM

and you missed the point about the sign/bryn and this sorin being +% physical/magical damage (ie, total damage), while 20% weapon cards increase equip atk? the bonnit goes above ray, but has non of the draw backs of dr is my point (best of both worlds?). 0 sp cost is broken, and anything that makes it possible is stupid.

+%Physical damage still functions like +%race damage. At best, Sorin would function like a TG card as far as Physical atk is concerned (and depending on the difficulty of acquiring Soring, would this be OP or not). As for Bennit, Raydric is 20% neutral reduction. Since 6 base vit equals 1% neutral reduction, then won't you need 6*20=120 base vit to get 20% neutral reduction? I don't know how you can make that go higher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users