• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dragonseph

dragonseph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

I honestly have no idea what I am doing. I have read up on a few builds and just not sure what I should do. Agi/Vit builds are to AFK level your homunculus but what is the purpose outside of that? I was reading that successful potion creation requires int/dex/luck but this will cause leveling in general very difficult and eliminates AFK leveling with homunculus. Then you have the STR/VIT/INT build for acid bomber. These are just the builds that I have seen while going through forums. They could all be wrong lol.

What are some good builds for an alchemist that will use a homunculous and is AFK leveling "allowed"?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

What server are you playing?

Alchy/Bio builds are totally different on classic vs renewal.

#3 dragonseph

dragonseph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

Renewal

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

AFK leveling doesn't effectively level the player in renewal due to the level penalty and the fact that there's only one map in the game that AFK leveling is effective on - you can only level to like 80ish AFK leveling, before you get to the big penalty and the exp is barely noticable.

You do not need any specific stats to AFK with homun, just basic gear.

I do not recommend making a potting chemist - particularly for non-genetic potions (you can get decent rates on genetic potions without a pure potting build. Pure potter for alchemist potions doesn't even change to genetic, because genetic can only get job 50, vs job 70 for bio).

As alchemist, build it like any other melee build. Either str/vit/dex with some int and mob and revo, or str/agi/dex and some vit.

AFK level your homun when you can, level alchy via low TI.

Once you transcend, you probably want a Str/Vit/Int/Dex build (hopefully with some luck too) is an all around build, and various tweakings of it can optimize for MVP, Leveling or WoE. Obviously the str is more helpful as biochem and most of it should be gotten early, but you need to start getting the int before you change to genetic, so when you get cart cannon, it will do good damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users