Need class advice - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need class advice

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kernviter

Kernviter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

I only played RO a lot of time ago but decided to start out again with a friend on Renewal. :D We are really lost though. we don't know how things work and it's hard to find good guides or tips for gear or info about every class even in their respective sections since many guides are from 2011/2012 and i guess they are outdated. We both want to kill mvp and enemies fast for loot and leveling, maybe we will go in WOE if we can find a guild. we don't know how classes are, I just know geneticists are the best mvpers but I don't wanna start out with one cuz it seems really expensive. I'm sorry if I'm confusing, I just want to know which classes are the best nowdays at mvping and killing mobs/leveling till 150/99. thanks. ><

also can you tell me what TI is? I keep reading it around there and I'm confused o.o Turtle Island? and how do the rebirth thing work like? I can reset my stats and skills as much as I want? if so by what means? thanks again.

Edited by Kernviter, 01 March 2013 - 02:18 AM.

#2 TheDigitalKitty

TheDigitalKitty

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:06 AM

TI stands for Turn-In (Quest). Basically, there's this new popular leveling system which consists in accepting and doing quests, for experience and goods, found within this "Eden group" (There's mostly always a NPC closeby to a Kafra that can take you into the Eden headquarters). There you have to sign up and then you can take quests from 1-99 from boards AND the so popular TIs, for levels 70+, from a NPC called "Gramps".

I assume that by rebirth you actually meant getting to 3rd class. When you reach 99/70 as a trans (Or 99/50 non-trans, but who does that?), you have to buy a "Magical Stone" for ~6m and start your specific class's 3rd job quest.

You have a free stat and skill resets if you're under level 45 or something like that, and another free one-time stat & skill reset with a NPC called Mesmerist inside the Eden HQ, after that you have to use magic stones (the higher your level is, the higher the number of stones you have to pay) to reset your stats and neuralizers (~60m) to reset your skills.

I don't know much about end-game MVP/WOE/PVP myself, but for leveling fast, a ranger + FS/Tank AB combo would be a great choice in my opinion.

Edited by TheDigitalKitty, 01 March 2013 - 06:09 AM.

#3 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

as above person said, Ranger/AB combo would be probably the best way to killing mobs/leveling..
After choosing the path of Hunter, you have to lvl up to lvl 99/50, go through rebirth process( you have to deposit 1.285million zenny, so u might have to start saving up asap ).
Once you rebirth, you turn to high novice, then high archer, then sniper..Once you become sniper, you have to lvl upto 99/70 to become ranger.
To become ranger, you have to submit a magical stone ( u can either buy it for ~6mil approx or You can do TI..
TI is Turn IN..there's a NPC named gramps in eden.Once you reach 70, he gives you mission of killing 400 monsters. These monsters are same for everyone & are changed every tuesday during maintenence. You can talk to gramps to get a warp to a separate TI map which consists of only these monsters..So typically, if u get a party, you can kill 400 monsters in about 30 mins. easily. Once you kill 400 monsters, you can talk to gramps again to get awesome EXP reward & also 1 Eden merit badge per TI..Eden merit badges can be exchanged for various items. ( http://irowiki.org/w...den_Merit_Badge ).8 Eden merit Badges= 1 Magical stone.

Regarding reseting stats & skills :
If your base level is below 40, there's a NPC besides prontera tool dealer who will rest your skills for free. You cannot use this NPC once you rebirth.
If you want to reset skills & stats, there are 2 options :

1. use Mesmerist NPC inside the Eden HQ. He will reset your stats & skills freely but only once.
2. You can use Reset stones to reset stats & a item ( Nueralizer ) for resetting skills. This way is Costlier as You might have to get multiple reset stones depending on your level.

Once you rebirth, your skills/stats are restted & u become high novice & you get 100 stats points to distribute.
It is strongly advised to plan carefully once you rebirth.

Rangers have this awesome skill - Arrow Storm( it one shots most of the mobs ) & also Camo ( Temporarily hide yourself from the view of enemies with the exception of Insect, Demon and Boss-protocol monsters ). These two skills practically allow a Ranger to Solo a TI !!
Rangers are also decent at MvPing..Not much idea about how good they are at WoE, but i think they are ok.

Arch Bishops ( AB ) are always in demand in Turn In parties, so it shouldn't be a problem to level them up..:D

Hope this helps..:)

#4 Kernviter

Kernviter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

It does, thanks a lot ^^
what about killing MVPs? as I said I heard Geneticists are good at it. I am interested in it but I know you need a lot of expensive gear and making bombs is expensive too, so i'm gonna make another mvp/woe character for making money and just because i like making characters in RO xD
what classes are good at mvping and hunting for rare equipments and cards? thanks

#5 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

Gene : easily the best MvPing class

#6 Kernviter

Kernviter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

What else is good, without having to spend too much? ><

#7 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

I suggest you to get VIP. You don't want to torture yourself by leveling as a non-vip.

Bombs are actually really cheap if you make them yourself. about 15k each which is nothing in todays economy. But yeah good equips are expensive for genetics, or any class for that matter.

However, Rangers can be very effective without spending much at all. All you need is white wing set and elven bow. that's less than 50m investment and you are set for life. Start farming Hazy forest for easy money and then pick a class you want to go end game for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users