i really wish they would do more with Soul Linkers... - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

i really wish they would do more with Soul Linkers...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

i really love this class. it has so much potential to be awesome (not that it isnt awesome) but gravity kind of just left us hanging...

its fun as hell being invincible and having our melee dmg buffed into epic proportions just for joining a party. its also fun as hell being able to run like the flash and jump over walls, hills, and just about anything. now if theyd just give us a couple extra things to do with that kind of power, more people might give the class some love. im mainly talking about an AOE attack of some kind. im a melee SL cuz esma seems ridiculously stupid to me (but i love the class so much im actually considering making a second Esma/caster SL), so im pretty much just left with auto attack, but damn...its a powerful auto attack, so i aint complainin too much. and with a carded dagger, i can really boost my dps into almost stupidly powerful levels.

now if theyd just give us a third job, i would make SL my main for sure

any other lovers of the SL class here? you guys are so few and far between, itd be nice to know youre out there =p

#2 BIuewind

BIuewind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:The Titanic

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

SL Mains? See: Viri

#3 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

I LOVE linkers. They're one of my favorite classes. I have 5 of them which I play, 1 tanker type using Moonlight Dagger + Filir Hat to regain SP to lengthen the duration of Kaahi while being attacked, along with other SP gears it helps me keep my SP up for a long time, and sometimes I can tank MVPs with it using other MVPing gears. My second one is Esma type, which I love too. I think I hit pretty high with it (18k on a Harpy at level 99, Earth mild wind of course) and my Esma takes a second or less to cast. I love Esma types cuz I like magic classes, and they hit hard too, though they're pretty demanding in terms of SP. My 3rd one is a melee type with Dagger of Counter, which can hit hard and fast. I usually have 186-187 ASPD on her from just Agi and VIP buffs along with some other ASPD gears, and can hit pretty hard (around 1k+ on Magmarings with 0 Kihop bonus). My fourth is a hybrid Esma and melee. I use an RWC knife on her as it gives amazing amounts of both Matk and Atk, coupled with a Snake Head for more sexiness :3. 5th is just a tank type link slave, basically just linking people, which I still enjoy playing for supporting purposes.

Overall, yes I'm a linker freak.

#4 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

Sup

Crit agi/str linker is actually pretty fun in pvm because leveling to 99 nontrans is doable without mobbing without taking an eternity. Going over 150 at that rate though would be abysmal.

Linker is def my fav class though.

Edited by Viri, 05 March 2013 - 05:38 AM.

#5 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

I adore linkers. I have 2 of them. I have a wonderful link tank, that is just collecting dust, it really makes me sooooo sad
that I have so few occasions to play it.

#6 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

Sup

Crit agi/str linker is actually pretty fun in pvm because leveling to 99 nontrans is doable without mobbing without taking an eternity. Going over 150 at that rate though would be abysmal.

Linker is def my fav class though.

Viri,do you mind me posting one of your SL woe vids on here?Just to show peeps what they are capable of?

#7 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

He's on youtube.

#8 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

I hope they're next extended class to get updated, although that would probably come way after the new gunslinger class. >_<

I have a 99 one waiting for that day.

#9 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

i can imagine SL being a godlike MVP tank since you can keep your hp bar at full infinitely with some blues/strawberries in your inventory.

I hope they're next extended class to get updated, although that would probably come way after the new gunslinger class. >_<

I have a 99 one waiting for that day.

if they do, its gonna require massive balancing to account for the party DPS buff. im already seeing critter SLers doing 2200 dmg auto attacks right now that arnt even level 99 yet. i cant even imagine what a 3rd class would be like, but i bet it would be amazing ><. specially if armed with an AOE melee / magic attack

#10 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

Hopefully 3rd Class Links I could use a Sorcerer Link that does increase Crystalization Chance by 45%. If you don't realize the irony in what I am saying when using Spirit Control 1 of Aqua Summon Diamond Dust is increased to a 55% Success Rate.

#11 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

Oh man I forgot how funny that video was

#12 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

Lol kaite is such cancer now.

#13 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

At least dispel removes Kaite.

#14 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

Not on shadow chasers ;D

#15 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

Not on shadow chasers ;D

Shadow Chasers deserve to die if I can't dispel them :3.

#16 mistergohan

mistergohan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

Not on shadow chasers ;D

shadow chasers can steal beneficial spells? thought they could only learn offensive

#17 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

shadow chasers can steal beneficial spells? thought they could only learn offensive

No he's saying if you cast Kaite on a Linked Shadow Chaser there is no way to remove the Kaite cast on the Shadow Chaser so it will continue to take 7x damage from Physical Damage.

Edited by Riakuta, 07 March 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#18 Dusday

Dusday

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

Hey I'm going to try to make a SL and I was wondering if there were any good guides out there to help me. I want to be able to be helpful in War of Emperium and also help out in pvm. Just wondering what to do as a taekwon kid since I don't know where to put my skills or stats. Any help is appreciated.

#19 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

Well linkers can be FS, crit, or Esma

FS and crit can both be made to be WoE viable
while Esma eats a huge number of skill points and leaves little room for support links.

My linker is an FS link tank. They are lols in WoE but they need to be leeched.

I would start out with this as a TK:
Flying Kick 7
Tumbling 1
Happy Break 1
Sprint 7
Kihop 5
Leap 5

#20 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

i can imagine SL being a godlike MVP tank since you can keep your hp bar at full infinitely with some blues/strawberries in your inventory.

if they do, its gonna require massive balancing to account for the party DPS buff. im already seeing critter SLers doing 2200 dmg auto attacks right now that arnt even level 99 yet. i cant even imagine what a 3rd class would be like, but i bet it would be amazing ><. specially if armed with an AOE melee / magic attack

You realize of SLs were to get thirds, so would TKMs ... Have you seen what they can do? ._. We'd have two classes on the defensive/offensive level of a sura >_>

#21 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

You realize of SLs were to get thirds, so would TKMs ... Have you seen what they can do? ._. We'd have two classes on the defensive/offensive level of a sura >_>

Against mvps maybe, against players not so much and who cares about mvping it's a joke anyway lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users