totally new to Maestro - WoE/Support Skill Build - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

totally new to Maestro - WoE/Support Skill Build

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

need a skill build for woe/support maestro

i have the stats down, just not too familiar with maestro skills, especially the "chorus" skills

this is the end-game/woe/support skill build i have in mind:
http://irowiki.org/~...abn2frFbnqnakwY

have 7 extra points (6 on minstrel, 1 on maestro)

please tell what is wrong with the build - which skills i need/don't-need; whether i have to max/not-max certain skills; and where is it best to put the extra skill points

right now i still have severe rainstorm in my maestro, but planning to get rid of it once 150/50; also i don't have the reverb-impluse-metallic-echo tree at all (are these even any good?)

the skills i am most unsure of getting are the chorus ones (lerad's dew, song of mana, dances with wargs); does harmonize need to be maxed?

overall i just want the best skill point distribution that is the best for WoE support

thanks

Edited by ka10, 07 March 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

Just one thing i wanted to point out, voice lessons level does affect a lot of skills (windmill, echo song, etc) and maxing it does improve the quality of the skill by quite a bit. You can see the formulas here --> https://docs.google....UZA-SF_qEQZ8xHU

And I think Harmonize is probably one of the more important skills.

#3 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

oh so it is common for maestros to have voice lessons maxed? if so, i can't decide where to take points off to put there, since as of now, my planned build only has 1 skill point leftover for 3rd job (6 points on 2nd)
i see DWW, lerad, mana, and sometimes even warcry being casted by performers, but since they are deep in the skill tree, i keep wondering if they are even maxed or not at all (to accommodate the limited skill points).

Edited by ka10, 08 March 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#4 sedut

sedut

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

Yea it is essential for Maestro to max Voice Lessons. It effects a LOT of skills. etc Deep Sleep, SV, Wind Rush

Drop Song Of Mana and max Song of Despair instead. It a really good skill to prevent suicidal like mechanics to enter precast. I'm not sure if Echo Song would be benificial in WoE since a lot of weapons and skills bypass defend nowadays. I dropped Echo Song and triy to get Gloomy Shyness instead. It buffs the RGs and have a chance to dismount RK's Dragon and lowering their ASPD.

#5 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

thanks for all the input!
here is my modified skill build:
http://irowiki.org/~...bxeBrA2feFanqn5

left DSL at pre-req level (now that i know its not as good as before), 1 leftover point on song of mana; i guess songs on the deepest part of the skill tree are just impractical or hard to get (skill point-wise)
didn't know gloomy shyness is pretty handy

just to make sure stat-wise i have (approx. total stats NOT including any buffs/gear):
10-STR, 100-AGI, 100-VIT, 100-INT, 100-DEX, 60-LUK

thought this would be a good status-resist stat spread; just hope ~100-AGI isn't too high...

anyways, build-wise i think mine is pretty solid now, thanks to all the advice!

Edited by ka10, 11 March 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#6 Mijikai

Mijikai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

Honestly Lerad's dew doesn't do much(+1000hp FTW!! Yeah for a novice that is). You're better off getting Saturday Night Fever, Sinking melody or Song of destro for woe.

#7 Mijikai

Mijikai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

And one more thing, YOU NEED 150 int total for 0 delay strings. Honestly whenever I see any Maestros running around with strings that is less than 150 int I feel like killing myself.
PS: Them RKs wont leave you alone :gg:

#8 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

I'd get Saturday Night Fever, I've seen a wander/maestro team come into PvP and mass murder people with that skill xD SOOOOO many times

#9 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

isn't warcry and sinking better for woe though? not really planning to stick around pvp
also having doubts about gloomy since it's only 5% chance to dismount even at max lvl (precious skill points); thinking of leaving the dismounting job to chasers.

edited woe build
http://irowiki.org/~...Abn2feBqFqn1cH1

if i do get gloomy it's only going to be lvl 3 (3% dismount chance) by taking points 4 points of windmill rush. =/

Edited by ka10, 24 March 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#10 ArrowSparrow

ArrowSparrow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

And one more thing, YOU NEED 150 int total for 0 delay strings. Honestly whenever I see any Maestros running around with strings that is less than 150 int I feel like killing myself.
PS: Them RKs wont leave you alone :gg:

This has been disturbing me for weeks lol. I read in irowiki that at 150 Int, you only get 30% reduction from strings. Is that right? I did notice in my wiz though that when it was under a bard's Magic Strings, the delay was almost zero. So does this mean at 150 int, the delay is really gone for some skills? Or its just really really reduced?

Btw, how much base int is recommended for a support maestro?

#11 Mijikai

Mijikai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

This has been disturbing me for weeks lol. I read in irowiki that at 150 Int, you only get 30% reduction from strings. Is that right? I did notice in my wiz though that when it was under a bard's Magic Strings, the delay was almost zero. So does this mean at 150 int, the delay is really gone for some skills? Or its just really really reduced?

Btw, how much base int is recommended for a support maestro?

At job lvl 50 you get +8 to Int so I suggest getting 112 base Int and with Blessing and +20 Int food = 112+8+10+20=150 Int total

#12 ArrowSparrow

ArrowSparrow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

At job lvl 50 you get +8 to Int so I suggest getting 112 base Int and with Blessing and +20 Int food = 112+8+10+20=150 Int total

Oh I see. Is it good to get gears oriented to int as well, like an int+3 enchanted armor, harp[2] and headgears with isilla or blue acidus? And about the cast delay, it really is almost totally removed at 150 int?

Thank you very much for your response!

#13 Mijikai

Mijikai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

Yes Magic Strings with 150 Int will give you 0 delay. Regarding gears it is OK to mix and match but just be sure you have 150 total int(fully buffed) in the end.

#14 ArrowSparrow

ArrowSparrow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

Yes Magic Strings with 150 Int will give you 0 delay. Regarding gears it is OK to mix and match but just be sure you have 150 total int(fully buffed) in the end.

Hmm ok ok thank you very much for the advice!! :D

#15 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

You should make your own Soul Linker too for Bard and Dancer Spirits :D it helps a lottttttttttttttttttttt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users