Starting A Server - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Starting A Server

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bobania

Bobania

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

'Afternoon ladies and gents. I haven't played RO (iRO to be specific) in some 6 years and back in the day there were a lot of bots, which skewed the population count and inflated the market. I'm probably going to start again and wanted help in choosing a server. I've seen one or two posts like this, but they are kind of outdated and thing may have changed since.

Could someone help me decide a server? Can someone answer my criteria on deciding?
:help:
  • Server Type? (Renewal or Classic)
  • Population? (Would rather a quantifiable answer if possible)
  • WoE Intensity?
  • Amount of bots?
  • Life of the server?
I'm completely new to renewal and would like to play some third classes. Also, the "VIP" thing of subscription isn't a deal breaker. F2P or P2P.

Thanks in advance,
-Me

#2 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

If you want to play 3rd classes, cross Classic out because that's pre-3rd class. You aren't obligated to be a VIP user to play either server.

Renewal
Population? (Would rather a quantifiable answer if possible)
http://ragial.com/spop/

take that with a grain of salt since it doesn't account for bots/alts/venders/etc but it should give you an idea.

WoE Intensity?
Depends on the guild you're in, really. There tends to be a lot of concentrated action and fighting within one or two castles between big alliances and guilds, while the other castles have smaller scale battles going on, if any at all.

Amount of bots?
Ehm... a pretty fair amount if I'm to be honest. For the spam bots at least it's easy to get rid of them using NoSpam.

Life of the server?
Pretty good, there are usually always people on the turn in maps, cities are pretty lively, WoE like I said is alright depending on the guild you're in although it couldn't hurt to have more competitive guilds since it's usually always the same ones.

Edited by Alaska, 12 March 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#3 Bobania

Bobania

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

That's a nice little site that says population, thank! That's actually a good amount of population, too, since the game has been around for quite a while.

Appreciate the quick response. My last concern is, do the GMs work on removing the bots? I'm sure it has to be against the rules o.o

Edit: Correcting grammar!

Edited by Bobania, 12 March 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#4 Macromega40

Macromega40

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

That's a nice little site that says population, thank! That's actually a good amount of population, too, since the game has been around for quite a while.

Appreciate the quick response. My last concern is, do the GMs work on removing the bots? I'm sure it has to be against the rules o.o

Edit: Correcting grammar!

As far is know, they do, but..(always a but), the botters make a new account as soon as they can... or at least the gold selles do that.

Some people say that GM's don't make anything about the bots, is just a never ending war.

#5 Bobania

Bobania

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

I'm aware of never ending wars like that in other MMOs, it just makes people think in the end that GMs do nothing, which isn't appreciated or true.

I think before the end of the week I should have the game up and running Renewal, oh yeah!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users