[RML] Lord of Death / Lord Of The Dead [Mitten] - Monster Encyclopedia Workshop - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[RML] Lord of Death / Lord Of The Dead [Mitten]

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Esalis

Esalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Meow

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:54 AM

Posted Image

This Thread is listed under Ragnarok Monster Lore
Redirect to Original Thread:http://forums.warppo...__fromsearch__1

Ragnarok Monster Lore : Lord of Death / Lord of the Dead Posted Image

Posted Image

Lord of the Dead / Death is the champion of the undead and death. They posses unholy strength and remarkable power.They do not possess free will and their minds are inexorably entwined to Death.
Lord of the Dead originated from Helheimer - The Realm of the Dead (The real realm of the dead) .

Appearance Posted Image

Posted Image

Picture Reference : http://umbranoctis.d...-Death-15584041

Artist: Umbranoctis

Lord of Death have a huge lance (it is known to most as Shining Spear Blade) on his right arm as his main weapon. He also carries a huge Cross Shield with some decorated enchantment engraved to it. He also wear that Iconic Helm called the "Lord of the Dead" helm which is known to have some mystical power to the wearer. He rides a white armoured nightmare that was brought with him from Helheimer. It is said that it is the king of Nightmares.

History Posted Image

Posted Image

Picture Reference: http://fc08.devianta...by_Wonszlol.jpg

Artist: Wonszlol

Lord of the Dead is believed to be created by a Death Deity and to maintain order in the Undead World. Somehow in some past event leads the Lord of the Dead cross to the world of Niflheim (The realm of the Mist , although mistaken by men as Realm of the Dead). It is unknown why the Lord of the Dead decide to cross to the world.It crossed to Niflheim as a stop for him to mass a troop of undeads to lead it to Midgard. Heintended to take over Midgard and lead as many living creatures to its cold and icy realm. Some said that it comes to Midgard to restore balance. Despite all the motives , its presence Midgard is troubleling. It is known that at one time , Lord of the Dead wanders around Juno for quite some time with its massive undead army. Yet it never really launch an attack to Juno. After quite some time wandering aimlessly , Lord of the Dead vanish along with its minion. Presumably back to Niflheim.

Currently , the Lord of Death , roams around Niflheim with its minion. Nobody knows what he is actually up to. But its not hard to assume that it is not a good thing.

Lord of the Dead Drops

Ice Pick (0.1%)
War Axe [1] (0.01%)
Pole Axe [1] (0.05%)
Iron Driver (0.02%)
Ring [1] (0.02%)
Lord of The Dead Card (0.01%)
Piece of Shield (53.35%)
Shining Spear Blade (0.1%)

MVP Drops

Yggdrasil Berry (55%)
Old Purple Box (50%)
3carat Diamond (50%)

Lord of the Dead Card

Add a 0.1% chance of auto casting 'Coma' on an enemy.
Add a 5% chance of auto casting Stun, Curse, Silence, Poison, External Bleeding on the enemy when attacking.

Lord of the Dead Location

niflheim
- Nifflheim, Realm of the Dead
+ 1x / 133~266 min

Edited by Esalis, 30 March 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#2 Opethian

Opethian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Classic

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

Awesome! I always was fascinated with this monster. Also, Gratz on getting your own section ;)

Edited by Opethian, 14 March 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#3 Esalis

Esalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

Ahaaa thanks alot Opethian! :) , and thank you for helping on getting my own section! Now i dont have to mess the Creative spot hehee

#4 asdfghh

asdfghh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Server:Classic (Inactive)

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

hey I found some pretty interesting things about Lord of the Dead when I watched Army of Darkness (1992). When Ash Williams went and retrieved the Necronomicon, he did not say the right words (Klaatu verata nictoo), I think he said: "Klaatu verata necktie." This ultimately results in more Deadites rising, and ultimately the owner of the book and the leader of the Deadites, which I presume it's the Lord of the Dead. Somehow the Lady Hell in Niffleheim looks so similar to the female actor in the movie too, in which she got captured and 'raped' by Lord of the Dead and became evil

Edited by asdfghh, 30 March 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#5 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

I actually always thought that Lord of the Death was Lady Hell clad in her armor. In The Sign quest, someone talks about how she only leaves her castle to "wander around Nifflheim on her steed" or something like that.

#6 Esalis

Esalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hmm maybe i missed that. I took this from the NPC from Juno. Might be outdated.
Mind linking me or telling me which part in sign quest? I want to have a look for it. Can add on to the details for this one

#7 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

It was one of the Nifflheim NPCs I believe. =/ I might do The Sign again in the nearish future so I'll make sure to look for it.

#8 Esalis

Esalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Thanks Ralis , screen shots for me :D thankssss

#9 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

I actually always thought that Lord of the Death was Lady Hell clad in her armor. In The Sign quest, someone talks about how she only leaves her castle to "wander around Nifflheim on her steed" or something like that.

I can confirm this too however it was "implied" i believe its either Serin npc, the witch npc, or the wizard butler npc before meeting lady hell

anyways like ralis states it was also mentioned that lady hell had insurmountable power to the point where she can never die and the residents of the town dare not to test her strength mostly due to the fact they couldnt but yeah its in there......and as a running joke Zealous always hunts the hard-to-get-women in RO1 lol

#10 Esalis

Esalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

interesting , thanks for the info! can u point me the npc pls?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users