• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 visou

visou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

I'm gearing upp my geneticist for solo MVPing.

I would assume that i should be gearing for as much survivability as possible, am i correct? A few extra bombs doesn't matter if i can tank the mvp.

This is my current gear:
Posted Image

What i need to change/get is:
- high upgraded AK Helm[ card ?? ]
- Black devils mask
- Orelan's Gowns with elemental cards
- Get a valk for the alice card
- 2x Kafra blossom accessories, which accessoriy to chose?
- Variants or +9 firelook diabolus boots, def vs hp?

As for stats, should i go for more vit of just focus on dmg?

Would love some advice :ok:

#2 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

AK helms are cheap anyways, so have like 3 of them each with a +10% fire/water/wind resist =p
Otherwise you can go Seyron if you want but not recommended..

Mid-headgear yes, BDM or Dark Pincuicula Card which is much more cheaper and somewhat similar.

I see you have a +12 HBP o.O If you're gonna do that, +12 your RTS.

Orlean's gown enchant it with +3 STR, or +3 INT if you'd like. The only reason for going with orlean's gown with elemental armor is to free up one accessory slot for more defensive, such as going 2x KBC. The best damage accessories to card it in are well-enchanted RWC accessories. Diabolus Ring works for the +5% pot heal...Dark rosaries if you want to use it in WoE too.
Otherwise you can pay ALOT to make bako armors which gives +1% boss resist/2 refine levels, +2 all stat, and has a slot. Then you will need to use any under-a-cast accessory, preferably in diabolus ring.

Yes, alice card. But I would also recommend a well graded cranial shield against bio mvp's if you ever want to fight them, especially in ET. A high-graded immune shield would be nice to slot the cranial for specific situations.

I would definetly go with Variants - I don't think +9 firelock diabolus boots give you more HP lol.

94+6 Vit is enough. You'd want more STR than INT, and according to Dr.Azzy the most optimized stat distribution is getting 41 Luk, 90 Dex, 94 Vit, 90 Int, and the rest in Str. Also, it would depend on what Homun-S you are using - solo gene's homuns are critical.

#3 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

I'm just gonna add elemental resist carded BFG, and you want Valk shield for the 20% resistance for your alice card. Two WDB for further water resist and magic resist. Four clover leaf has some mr and dmg as well, otherwise pirate dagger is fine.

oh and you want to get your dex to 90 asap for the 10% ranged bonus on HBP

Edited by Qani, 16 March 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#4 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

90str 90dex 90vit 90 or 95 int tiny bit of agi if u want luk if you want...alice card a valk shield instead and rwc pendants

#5 visou

visou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

AK helms are cheap anyways, so have like 3 of them each with a +10% fire/water/wind resist =p
Otherwise you can go Seyron if you want but not recommended..

Mid-headgear yes, BDM or Dark Pincuicula Card which is much more cheaper and somewhat similar.

I see you have a +12 HBP o.O If you're gonna do that, +12 your RTS.

Orlean's gown enchant it with +3 STR, or +3 INT if you'd like. The only reason for going with orlean's gown with elemental armor is to free up one accessory slot for more defensive, such as going 2x KBC. The best damage accessories to card it in are well-enchanted RWC accessories. Diabolus Ring works for the +5% pot heal...Dark rosaries if you want to use it in WoE too.
Otherwise you can pay ALOT to make bako armors which gives +1% boss resist/2 refine levels, +2 all stat, and has a slot. Then you will need to use any under-a-cast accessory, preferably in diabolus ring.

Yes, alice card. But I would also recommend a well graded cranial shield against bio mvp's if you ever want to fight them, especially in ET. A high-graded immune shield would be nice to slot the cranial for specific situations.

I would definetly go with Variants - I don't think +9 firelock diabolus boots give you more HP lol.

94+6 Vit is enough. You'd want more STR than INT, and according to Dr.Azzy the most optimized stat distribution is getting 41 Luk, 90 Dex, 94 Vit, 90 Int, and the rest in Str. Also, it would depend on what Homun-S you are using - solo gene's homuns are critical.

I think its worth using orlean's to get an extra KBC, would Waterdrop Brooch be a good choise for another extra +5% water res?

As for Variants vs +9 firelock dia boots, the dia would give me another +11 DEF, but also less HP.

What Homun-S is optimal for solo MVPing? I'm using my old vanilmirth right now that i've had since homun were released.

#6 sedut

sedut

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

OMG OMG OMG.
Did I just saw Alice on Shield [1] lulz.

No neeed RWH. Place it with AK helm with elemental resist card (Leaf Cat,Leib Olmai and Giant Hornet)
Raise your dex to 90 for Ranged Damage HBP bonus.
And for solo-ing MVP. The most important one is Elemental resist armor LOL. Alice card is not enough. Get at least fire armor or wind armor.
Saphien's Armor of Ocean is very good armor. Since it can reduct both water and wind element damage. And it slotted to so you can slot marc card.

Acessories for KBC. I will suggest waterdrop brooch or RWC pendants with Spell3x enchant.

What Homun-S is optimal for solo MVPing? I'm using my old vanilmirth right now that i've had since homun were released.

For homun choice, might go with Sera for survivability. Since you are soloing. Painkiller skills is quite good for tanking melee damage.

EDIT: Saphien's Armor of Ocean CANNOT reduct wind element damage. It increase for that particular damage instead. Wear Aebecee's Raging Typhoon Armor. lmao.

Edited by sedut, 24 March 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#7 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Saphien's Armor of Ocean is very good armor. Since it can reduct both water and wind element damage.

Sorry can't resist.

#8 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Do not make stat choices based on your gear (such as getting only 94 vit instead of 96), that ties you to always using that gear and besides a few pieces (like weapon/shield), gear choices are situational. For instance, instead of BDM there are situations where you might want to use a slotted mid with +10% fire/wind/water/shadow resist or a gozarian mask for the combo with witch hat against demon mvps or even 3D Glasses to reduce damage taken from Earthquake.

Saphien's Armor of Ocean is very good armor. Since it can reduct both water and wind element damage. And it slotted to so you can slot marc card.

Ocean armor increases damage from wind element. http://irowiki.org/wiki/Element : Water 1 property takes 175% damage from wind element. If you're going up against an mvp (like stormy or high wizard) that uses both wind and water element attacks, what you want is an unfrozen Typhoon armor because wind property armor reduces wind elemental damage by 75% and water by 10%. If the mvp only uses water attacks (Ktulu, Drake, White Lady, Kraken, Hatii) then use unfrozen Ocean Armor or Swordfish carded Orleans (if facing only water ball and not frost driver/storm gust/wide freeze).

Edited by ExplosPlankton, 16 March 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

105 str/90dex/90int/96 vit/41 luk all stats base is optimized for maximizing AB damage while maintaining status immunity. This is the build I recommend, and I intend to reset my second genetic to this build soon.

+12 the RTE

You need a +9 Immune HBP

Alice needs to be in valk

I would get 2x KBC WDB, plus a phen WDB to use if you can't use orleans gown because you need wind unfrozen.

Don't put ele resist cards into BFG's - you need like 3 or 4 different ele resist mid headgears, and doing that with BFG's is an unreasonable expense.

#10 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

For homun choice, might go with Sera for survivability. Since you are soloing. Painkiller skills is quite good for tanking melee damage.

Does it matter which homunculus you start with to evolve into Sera? or Dieter?

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Does it matter which homunculus you start with to evolve into Sera? or Dieter?

Vani or Amistr (depending on your needs)

#12 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Vani or Amistr (depending on your needs)

I love amistr...if you go amistr->sera and let sera painkiller herself, you got a free tanker for you and it tickles your homun ^.^

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Painkiller cannot be used on homun!

Amistr is not much better at tanking than other homun types.

You get it for the +vit on alchemist, and if you have something in mind for castling.

Edited by DrAzzy, 16 March 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#14 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

Painkiller cannot be used on homun!

Amistr is not much better at tanking than other homun types.

You get it for the +vit on alchemist, and if you have something in mind for castling.

Lol right, phew good thing I didn't get it yet - -` I'm getting sera on a support gene, to painkiller my main perhaps.

I used amistr so I can potentially go lower base vit so achieve 100 total vit.
Castling is useful when I am mobbed and can run away from MvP's, although half of the time it's bugged.
I went eira and the overboost lv5 allows it to tank a few MvPs for much longer than usual.

#15 imleyend

imleyend

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freya

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

how could work to use this:

-Diabulus armor + diabulus ring (adds 3% of atk and matk )
-Orleand Shield + orleands Glove (ads 3% atk and matk )

¿Could this combination be good to increase the damage of Acid Bomb ?? i think it depends on the Acid Bomb Formula...
¿Is it based on Str and Int (mainly) or Atk and Matk??

#16 visou

visou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

105 str/90dex/90int/96 vit/41 luk all stats base is optimized for maximizing AB damage while maintaining status immunity. This is the build I recommend, and I intend to reset my second genetic to this build soon.

+12 the RTE

You need a +9 Immune HBP

Alice needs to be in valk

I would get 2x KBC WDB, plus a phen WDB to use if you can't use orleans gown because you need wind unfrozen.

Don't put ele resist cards into BFG's - you need like 3 or 4 different ele resist mid headgears, and doing that with BFG's is an unreasonable expense.

Do you often use immune instead of deviant for mvping?

#17 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

Do you often use immune instead of deviant for mvping?

Yes, almost always.

DR is suicide against the MVPs I regularly kill, their neutral attacks don't hurt anyway. It's always elemental stuff that hurts...

how could work to use this:

-Diabulus armor + diabulus ring (adds 3% of atk and matk )
-Orleand Shield + orleands Glove (ads 3% atk and matk )

¿Could this combination be good to increase the damage of Acid Bomb ?? i think it depends on the Acid Bomb Formula...
¿Is it based on Str and Int (mainly) or Atk and Matk??

On Classic, it's int only.

On renewal it's atk/matk.

Neither of those sets are good though:

Orlean set is no good because losing the valk shield really hurts your survivability, and there are lots of other accessories that add more damage without stealing your shield slot.
Same deal with diablo armor. If you're trying to get AB damage out of armor + acc slot, you can add more than that set will add without using the armor slot.

There are plenty of 5% atk/matk accessories (glorious rings, the sign...), plus there are the RWC accessories, plus there's the BSB set. All are much more interesting to genetic than either of those sets. As I've said though, I don't think getting all damage gear is the best strategy for MVP genetic, except for fighting weak MVPs (that's not why I made a genetic :-P )

Edited by DrAzzy, 17 March 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#18 imleyend

imleyend

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freya

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

thanks a lot n.n

#19 sedut

sedut

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Sorry can't resist.

Ooooooops. Wtf am i typing lmao. I meant Aebecees' Raging Typhoon Armor. Either way. editing my post earlier. /facepalm

Thanks for correction tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users