Question about Transcending - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question about Transcending

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Obeliske

Obeliske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

I'm on my first playthrough on my first toon and I've decided to go to Merchant through to Geneticist. I'm on my first playthrough pre-transcending and I'm trying to figure out if theres any negetives to go to alchemist (pre-transcending) at 40. Obviously post-transcending I'll be going 50 Merchant but pre-trancsendant... I can't find anything definate? I know that if you transcend you get extra stats ans whatnot do you get anything for filling your trees to level 50 as well?

Or should I just rush to transcend then take my time after that to get every point possible?

#2 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

It really comes down to how fast you are going to level. If you can rush to 99 in a day or two, then you can easily skip last few job levels in merchant. However, if you are taking it slow, the extra discount/overcharge, and option to vend will help you in terms of money making and what not. Keep in mind, turning alchemist doesn't just magically make you stronger. Yes you get more hp and sp, but alchemists don't have any offensive skills and leveling off homuculus is ridiculously slow.

Up to you. What ever you do pre-rebirth will have no effect after rebirth.

#3 Obeliske

Obeliske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

So rebirth simply gives me the extra stat points extra health and sp and nothing I do (in regards to my class levels/skills) pre will affect the post?

#4 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

When you rebirth your base level, job levels, thus your stats and skills, all reset to zero. You become a high novice, and then a high merchant, then biochem, then geneticist. So yes you can do anything with stats and skills for now. I suggest you to build a battle alchemist for better combat capability and rush to 99.

After rebirth you should be careful with what you build as you don't want to waste your free reset for nothing. I would do a build that emphasize on int, mostly because your main offensive skill as a geneticist is "Cart Cannon" and its damage scales with int. Some vit on the side for survivability, and some str for Cart Revolution damage. From 1-100 you'd be spamming Cart Revolution, from 100+ it's Cart Cannon all the way. In the end of the day, you want 90+ base stats in Str, Vit, Int and Dex for late game.

#5 Obeliske

Obeliske

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

Thank you very much, much appreciated! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users