[RO2] will you IP ban some region/country ? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[RO2] will you IP ban some region/country ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 netliberate

netliberate

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

hello,

just curious if there will be an IP ban at your upcoming games RO2, like asiasoft which banned a few country because of developer agreement?

thank you very much

#2 netliberate

netliberate

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

am i on the wrong section ? :(

#3 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

Most likely there will be no IP bans because Gravity LLC is a subsidiary of Gravity Co, and hosts all their games internationally. So far no Gravity LLC game has had an IP ban. The major method used to localize regions from the US servers is purely related to distance. Playing from the Philippines will result in a large ping and difference in currency which could be problematic. In a region like South East Asia where the distance is not so great between Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines, China, South Korea, and Japan there might be a need to separate communities with an ip ban in order to deal with that countries business regulations and maintain contract agreements.

Edited by Cleffy, 20 March 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#4 ashenglory

ashenglory

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 575 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Well said, Cleffy.

#5 netliberate

netliberate

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:17 AM

thank you so much for your answer Cleffy
looking forward to play RO2 from this publisher

nb : i am from indonesia haha

#6 Mysticvoid

Mysticvoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, Usa
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

From the Ragnarok Online 2 Facebook page. "We won't be able to service players in the South East Asia areas. This is due to territory agreements with the partners that are servicing those territories." This comment was a response to someone asking the same question.

#7 netliberate

netliberate

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:16 AM

From the Ragnarok Online 2 Facebook page. "We won't be able to service players in the South East Asia areas. This is due to territory agreements with the partners that are servicing those territories." This comment was a response to someone asking the same question.

FML...!!!

#8 bingbingbangbang

bingbingbangbang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Most likely there will be no IP bans because Gravity LLC is a subsidiary of Gravity Co, and hosts all their games internationally. So far no Gravity LLC game has had an IP ban. The major method used to localize regions from the US servers is purely related to distance. Playing from the Philippines will result in a large ping and difference in currency which could be problematic. In a region like South East Asia where the distance is not so great between Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines, China, South Korea, and Japan there might be a need to separate communities with an ip ban in order to deal with that countries business regulations and maintain contract agreements.

Gravity does not allow some players around the world join in if they are too close to certain local servers.Does sound like IP ban to me.
http://forums.warppo...23-new-account/

#9 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

Not giving a player access to the game based on where they live on a question is not the same as an IP-ban. An IP-ban blocks traffic from a certain range of ports associated to server infrastructure of a certain nation. I don't recommend someone from South East Asia to play on the US servers. The effects of distance will make the gameplay unenjoyable, and the currency differences could pose a problem making full use of a title. In capitalism, there is a way to force bad hosts to do a better job.

Edited by Cleffy, 25 March 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#10 xXxLynxXx

xXxLynxXx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

would like to talk about the release of Ragnarok 2, so I learned there BLOCK IP for Brazil, but frankly I do not understand is the idea that you try to pass, put the flag of the country of the site you put in time to distribute the game will simply ignore an entire community?, sad to see humans do this kind of discrimination in a nation honestly am disappointed with the company, so why not just make servers comprehensive targeted only to parents in case a server Brazilian, what you are doing and a lack of respect for the parents, I think they really put this block for BR's should take the flag site and you put this block in all the services that you offer. no more.

#11 ProtosX01

ProtosX01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationCurrently Working in Riyadh
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO2 LOTS Odin

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Im currently here in Riyadh... so can i play here? i wish i can -_-" thanks

#12 Tiaryn

Tiaryn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Im currently here in Riyadh... so can i play here? i wish i can -_-" thanks

As far as I know, there won't be an IP block for Saudi Arabia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users