#1 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Hi guys. I want to start recording woes with my sura. I was told to use the RO Recording and then record the video with another program like fraps. But the thing is, Ro recording videos doesn't show the emblems of the guild during sieges, and that's pretty dump so.. Should I another program? Is Fraps good? Or maybe another one. And what about editing vids and putting music on them (sorry, I know nothing lol).
Thanks in advance.

#2 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

I found a free version of Bandicam that works pretty well as for editing and putting videos together I have no idea what program to use. Windows 7 doesn't even seem to come with its own Video Editor software -_-. I have iWisoft Free Video Converter to shrink the files, but that just destroys the quality of my videos.

Example:

#3 chrisbam77

chrisbam77

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Fraps works fine for me. Any editor will do, anything from sony vegas to windows movie maker....Just a preference really...

Fraps retains most of the quality, and records real time, but the setbacks are additional lag and huge files...

#4 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

Bandicam Premium Version + NCH Videopad editor [free home version] + YTD video download [bgm downloader from youtube]

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 19 March 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#5 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Fraps works fine for me. Any editor will do, anything from sony vegas to windows movie maker....Just a preference really...

-media-
Fraps retains most of the quality, and records real time, but the setbacks are additional lag and huge files...

Depending on your resolution, you can get 1+ GB per minute using fraps. Using the ingame recording feature lets you capture the entire woe initially in like 45 MB, and then you can rerecord the good parts later.

#6 Nocredit

Nocredit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

Hi guys. I want to start recording woes with my sura. I was told to use the RO Recording and then record the video with another program like fraps. But the thing is, Ro recording videos doesn't show the emblems of the guild during sieges, and that's pretty dump so.. Should I another program? Is Fraps good? Or maybe another one. And what about editing vids and putting music on them (sorry, I know nothing lol).
Thanks in advance.

Deleting the contents of the _tmpEmblem folder right before using ROReplay (that is inside the folder RO is installed) will make the guild emblems be reloaded when you see it in-game, so that should make the emblems show up during recording.

#7 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:32 AM

Deleting the contents of the _tmpEmblem folder right before using ROReplay (that is inside the folder RO is installed) will make the guild emblems be reloaded when you see it in-game, so that should make the emblems show up during recording.

Really? So they can be seen? How exactly do I do that? Do I have to make a backup of that folder and delete it just when recording?
And btw, I want to upload videos on HD or Full HD if possible. The problem is that my resolution is only 1600x900 so I don't think I can record in full HD.. Am I wrong?
Thanks for the replies! Cool vids, gotta learn some editing skills lol.

#8 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Does the _tmpEmblem folder thing really work? o.o

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

Really? So they can be seen? How exactly do I do that? Do I have to make a backup of that folder and delete it just when recording?
And btw, I want to upload videos on HD or Full HD if possible. The problem is that my resolution is only 1600x900 so I don't think I can record in full HD.. Am I wrong?
Thanks for the replies! Cool vids, gotta learn some editing skills lol.

The _tmpemblem folder is just a local cache of emblems. When you see a player from a guild, and you haven't seen their emblem before, your client requests it from the server and saves it in that folder.

There is no harm in emptying that folder, you do not have to retain the contents, as it will be regenerated as you play the game.

You can't record videos at higher than 1600x900 resolution if that's the highest resolution your system can display.
Note that full HD is 1920x1080, though unscrupulous computer vendors sell laptops with 1366x768 resolution as "HD" and get away with it, so it's not really clear what "HD" really means now.

There is no need to record WoE videos in full HD anyway, seeing as most users don't have full HD screens to play it on (they have those crappy ubiquitous 1366x768 screens), so it would end up being downscaled for them, and will look worse than it would if you'd recorded it at a lower resolution that could be played at it's native resolution.

#10 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Bandicam Premium Version + NCH Videopad editor [free home version] + YTD video download [bgm downloader from youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URw8VWRxQHk&feature=share&list=UURUVbwiceWfeQBYNQKUECJQ

My videopad stopped working! I was so upset. It is a really simple program.
Now I use vegas. zzz

#11 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

I just hate my bandicam for some problems that the game audio sucks. Im running XP and I cant use vegas tho I saw ppl make good intros/animations with it, and faster than my NCH.

#12 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Hmm, so there's now way to record with RO recorder and then see the emblems of the guilds?

#13 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Not yet. There is a fix in the future that allows you to see emblems without deleting your tmp emblem folder.

#14 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

When you use fraps, is it FPS or Movies tab.

Edited by kschamp, 20 March 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#15 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Server:both

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

I found a free version of Bandicam that works pretty well as for editing and putting videos together I have no idea what program to use. Windows 7 doesn't even seem to come with its own Video Editor software -_-. I have iWisoft Free Video Converter to shrink the files, but that just destroys the quality of my videos.

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-4Z3aITZHk

go to your program folder to find windows Movie maker. Windows 7 comes with it they just don't put it in the start menue anymore. Gotta find it by searching program files for the Movie Maker folder then either makeing shortcut of the exe on desktop or pining to start menue.

#16 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Not yet. There is a fix in the future that allows you to see emblems without deleting your tmp emblem folder.

I recorded the woe with the ro recorder, watche them on ROReplay, no embles, closed the client, delete that folder, re enter ROReplay, no emblems... dafuq? D:!
Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by Joaco, 20 March 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#17 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

I recorded the woe with the ro recorder, watche them on ROReplay, no embles, closed the client, delete that folder, re enter ROReplay, no emblems... dafuq? D:!
Am I doing something wrong?

Only works if you delete your tmp emblem folder before you record and then gather the emblems while recording. During that recording file that you obtained the emblems those emblems will appear for that replay file and no others. It's a very tedious and not very usable method for recording.

However I tried the ROReplay feature in RCX for the first time today and it works perfectly. Emblems are shown correctly like they should be without having to delete your tmp emblem folder. You could try using it instead next time.

RCX's ROReplay

Edited by Toxn, 20 March 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#18 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Finally figured out how to convert .vpj file into another file. I had to save the project as a movie instead of a project, but hopefully I have a WOE video up and running in the next 30 minutes. The Video Pad is an amazing program hopefully the quality is a lot better than the conversion from iWisoft Free Video Converter.

#19 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

Only works if you delete your tmp emblem folder before you record and then gather the emblems while recording. During that recording file that you obtained the emblems those emblems will appear for that replay file and no others. It's a very tedious and not very usable method for recording.

However I tried the ROReplay feature in RCX for the first time today and it works perfectly. Emblems are shown correctly like they should be without having to delete your tmp emblem folder. You could try using it instead next time.

RCX's ROReplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC_S0s2LAJg

Oh cool! But.. If I delete the folder before recording a WoE, I won't be able to see the embles of the players, will I? I mean, I gotta see them so I know who do I attack xD

#20 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

Using fraps and Sony Vegas is what I do.

ROReplay works perfectly too. The only issue I have with the client recording tools is that you have to WoE with the recording tools, then play back (which could take up to 2 hours... possibly more) and rerecord the interesting parts.

Fraps I've used at 720p (1280x720) and 1080p (1920x1080). At 720p I end up with about 200-300 GB of footage assuming I leave the recorder on all WoE. At 1080p I've managed to hit around 600 GB.

To record properly with fraps you would ideally have two harddrives (one has RO, one for saving the video file) as when you record to a harddrive it's going to be extremely busy and you will see hiccups when RO tries to load something (you still do, just not as bad). You also have to accept that it's going to cost you some FPS on most computers, though usually not much (10-15, I can typically keep 55 FPS with 2-3 guilds, but beyond that I've had it drop as low as 30).

An added benefit of using fraps is that you can record vent/ts/raidcall for some of the lulsy moments. If the FPS hit isn't going to bug you, I'd use fraps. Do note that if you use ROReplay or the RO Client recorder, when you're recording you will still lag just as if you were frapsing during WoE (though it doesn't matter since you aren't playing -- I'm referring to when WoE is over and you come back to record it). The benefit of these is that it's not as candid as fraps -- if you open your equipment window during WoE, ROReplay won't do that (unless you open it yourself). You can also move the cursor out of the way and collapse a lot of the menus so that your video has a better view of the fight without having to do any of this letter boxing people do. I don't like ROReplay videos as much as fraps'd videos because of this, though.

#21 Tovar

Tovar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

Fraps/720pp/29.5 fps/vent|ts takes me less than 70 gb for woe and doesnt lag my client.
For edition I use vegas. Moved from wmm because the new versions are pure crap.

#22 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

Fraps/1920x1080/2 clients possibly 3 makes it hard to record a usable framerate for my sluggish PC. ROReplay lets me record woe in 1280x720 (I'm not that much of a fan of recording at 1080 and downscaling when it comes to RO) without having to actually play at 720p. Thats pretty much the main reason why I decided to use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users