Idea for Rudolf Hat Nerf problem, GM's Please Look - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Idea for Rudolf Hat Nerf problem, GM's Please Look

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos,Thor

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

how about we make a new headgear? i was thinking of a Potion Hat [0].....

Potion Hat [0]
Gives 100% more heals with red,yellow,orange,white potions
reduces potion weight by 1 for every 2 upgrades
if upgraded to +9 reduces potion weight by an additional 2 and raises potion heal by an additional 25%

Upper Headgear or Upper Mid

It could be a quest hat that you can do in Lighthalzen maybe where the homunc skill is learned or in Al de baran

i was thinking of a cute picture for that hat but im not a good artist .i was thinking all 4 potions on your head. if anyone can draw maybe you can make a cute pic

i dont know just throwing out ideas for the rudolf hat problem.

#2 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Honestly, I'm not sure that they can "reduce weight by upgrade". It's an interesting thought, but I don't think they can script that.

#3 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

I have a better idea: Don't nerf rudolf.

#4 Banjo03

Banjo03

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

Better yet, don't nerf rudolf and put it in a lucky box.

#5 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

forget the Rudolf Hat, its gonna get nerf whether we like it or not so we might as well deal with it and try to come up with something that can be used in its place

#6 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

I have a even better idea, Stop crying.

#7 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

Better Idea don't use Rudolf Headband at all and buy White Potions instead.

From the sound of it you would rather pay 912z for a White Potion than 22z for 2 Carrots.

Edited by Riakuta, 23 March 2013 - 08:34 AM.

#8 baO603

baO603

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

I have a better idea: Don't nerf rudolf.

LOL
:no1:

#9 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

I have to agree with OP, the nerf is coming. They talk about zeny sink all the time, making potions more effective would be a step in that direction. Don't get me wrong, I am upset about the rudolf hat. They would be committing suicide if the pulled back on the nerf now because people are selling them based on the nerf. As for the weight...I wish that were possible, doubt it is though within the current system. I would add in the boost for slims as well, help the economy a bit.

#10 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Honestly, I'm not sure that they can "reduce weight by upgrade". It's an interesting thought, but I don't think they can script that.

Kunai Splash fails to reduce weight by 16 with each use, though, so artificial weight changes are possible... although the game only seems to recalculate total current weight upon map change or relog - not on item acquisition/depletion (if you use a Pumpkin for instance, regardless of how much bugged extra fake weight you have from Kunai Splash usage, it'll take off two from your current weight) (relevant to potion consumption/purchase/dropping/carting/etc) or gear switching (which would be the relevant point to a gear that changes item weight)...

No real idea how RO's weight coding works aside from that hint, however.

#11 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

i dont have a Rudolf Hat at all, was planning on buying one before they announced the nerf but now im not gonna waste my Z on it ,i do have a WPH but i only use that on my high Vit Characters i use Pots all the time ,but if they were to make a Potion Hat it would be good even without the weight upgrade decrease...

#12 PearI

PearI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Better yet, revamp the potions in the tool shop. Something so basic as healing shouldn't need a special headgear for it. Also, as good as your intentions are, I am expecting the GMs to reply with "Sorry nope, kRO doesn't approve. Case closed."

#13 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

how about we make a new headgear? i was thinking of a Potion Hat [0].....

Potion Hat [0]
Gives 100% more heals with red,yellow,orange,white potions
reduces potion weight by 1 for every 2 upgrades
if upgraded to +9 reduces potion weight by an additional 2 and raises potion heal by an additional 25%

Upper Headgear or Upper Mid

It could be a quest hat that you can do in Lighthalzen maybe where the homunc skill is learned or in Al de baran

i was thinking of a cute picture for that hat but im not a good artist .i was thinking all 4 potions on your head. if anyone can draw maybe you can make a cute pic

i dont know just throwing out ideas for the rudolf hat problem.

Lmfao. NO.

#14 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Better yet, revamp the potions in the tool shop. Something so basic as healing shouldn't need a special headgear for it. Also, as good as your intentions are, I am expecting the GMs to reply with "Sorry nope, kRO doesn't approve. Case closed."

This. Seriously, Red Potion needs a freaking buff when 1st classes can easily reach 3k HP no problem with the new gears now... Make Red potions heal for base 100 HP (with 1 VIT) maybe? o_0

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 23 March 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#15 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Or revamp potions so thaf the heal multiplier actually warrants the price. If they can't adjust the prices they can at least improve the healing to actually match the pricing properly >_>

#16 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Lol Idk if you guys realize this or not.The GMs rarely pay attention to suggestions. And mostly ignores it.

#17 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

They will introduce a kafra shop hat that works the same as rudolf, just you wait guys.

#18 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Server:both

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

I like this Idea. Well the idea of a potion hat. My Bio would look sooo cute with a potion bottle on her head.

#19 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9329 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

People do deserve the right to be mad about this. It's effects weren't supposed to last forever, but when you wait 2 years for the nerf to actually happen? All that time that passed led people to believe it would stay the way it was and built it's place into the game with the status it had as a useful gear. And we need better healing methods. Potions weigh a lot and don't heal a good percentage of health with the renewal system. Health went way up but weight limits didn't go up to match that.

#20 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

in another thread, Baturiano suggested a ideaa in which a hat is introduced each season & has features just like rudolph..Its healing powers will be reduced after the end of season..this seemed like a good idea.:)

MY ADDITION : make it account bound.

#21 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

People do deserve the right to be mad about this. It's effects weren't supposed to last forever, but when you wait 2 years for the nerf to actually happen? All that time that passed led people to believe it would stay the way it was and built it's place into the game with the status it had as a useful gear. And we need better healing methods. Potions weigh a lot and don't heal a good percentage of health with the renewal system. Health went way up but weight limits didn't go up to match that.

This.

When most classes had less than 10k, white pots mattered. But now that just about every third job has more than 15k, most in the 20k-35krange (at 150), the white pots just don't cut it.

A normal white heals 325-405 before bonuses. That's a 365 average heal. If we use the lowest average HP pool at 20k, that would take approximately 55 potions to heal you to full (that's under 2% per potion). 55 potions is 825 weight. That is a MASSIVE amount of weight for one full hp bar.
Even with heavy lifter boxes, that 825 weight for a mere 55 potions is Huge.

Pre-renewal since most classes had under 10k, we'll use an average hp of 5k (even though many still had less than that). To heal that 5k hp, you would need a mere 14 potions. That is completely reasonable. That is about a 7% heal with each potion. (even at 10k, that's still a 3.5% heal per potion)

Third job gears weigh Alot. Taking modern gears into consideration, along with what I pointed out above; we need to see the weight of normal whites dropped by at least half, and see their heal increased to their average value during pre-renewal to make them competitive again. They should also heal approximately 7% on the lowest hp range at 20k. So, they should be healing about 1400 per heal.

1400 per potion may sound like alot, but consider that most classes have more than 20k. It would still take more than 20 potions to heal to full for many classes. At 7 weight (more or less) per potion, that's completely reasonable imo.

#22 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

With 100 VIT White Potions heal 975~1215

Around 17~21 White Potions to heal a player to maximum health with 20,000 HP.

With 100 VIT Mastela Fruit heal 1200~1800

Around 11~17 Mastela Fruit to heal a player to maximum health with 20,000 HP.

With 100 VIT Condensed Ranked White Potions heal 1137~1417

Around 14~18 Condensed Ranked White Potions to heal a player to maximum health with 20,000 HP.

Edited by Riakuta, 23 March 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#23 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

With 100 VIT White Potions heal 975~1215

Around 17~21 White Potions to heal a player to maximum health with 20,000 HP.

With 100 VIT Condensed Ranked White Potions heal 1137~1417

Around 14~18 Condensed Ranked White Potions to heal a player to maximum health with 20,000 HP.

100 Vit puts most people over the 20k hp range though (warlocks the obvious exception here). Many of the lower hp classes though, can't afford to get 100 vit. Point being, the potions still don't heal what they should for their cost and weight in renewal.

#24 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

100 Vit puts most people over the 20k hp range though (warlocks the obvious exception here). Many of the lower hp classes though, can't afford to get 100 vit. Point being, the potions still don't heal what they should for their cost and weight in renewal.

Every Class requires 100 Vit+ Except if you plan to use Vit food 24/7 like Wizard. I can't see a 150 Character without 100 Vit. End Game White Potions heal a perfectly fine amount in WOE and PVP if you find White Potions lacking WOE Whites heal 10% HP, but inside of PVM you would use Rudolf Hairband + Carrots, Witch's Pumpkin Hat + Alarm Mask + Pumpkins, or Fresh Fish because in most cases PvM only pays for itself if the character is a high level.

#25 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

I like this Idea. Well the idea of a potion hat. My Bio would look sooo cute with a potion bottle on her head.

me too i think the hat would be so cute even if its a costume hat :p_love:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users