Refinement Rage Thread. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Refinement Rage Thread.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Periphery

Periphery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationBurnaby/Surrey BC
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

Alright , so after spending hundreds on this game , my luck has always , always gone south with this game. It's not what I'm mad about at this point and time , but after coming back after a long hiatus this -_- is really pissing me off. Since returning 2 weeks ago , i've pulled in 10-15mil a day , spent it on enriched and have upgraded anywhere between 4-8 armors a day. (usually 5-8 armors). 2 weeks later , still broke , no +9 anything. Do the -_- math. I'd really like to hear some other stories , but I don't even know anymore with this game. Holy -_-. Whether it's September boxes , OCA's , or refining. I always lose. But I guess one person on the server has to.

#2 Astelost

Astelost

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIceland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Poring

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

I feel like they nerfed Enriched Hamme/ores since they introduced the 50 Enriched boxes. I used to get an easy +9 within 5-20 ores back when there was only 10 enriched boxes, but now I usually need 10-20+ when upgrading

#3 Periphery

Periphery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

If rates are indeed changed , they need to post things like this as other games do. I've bought at least one enriched box a day , half the days two enriched boxes.
Yes , I've burned 150-200 enriched with no +9.
No wonder I keep quitting before I get onto the WoE scene.
Today alone I've burned 20 enriched so far. Probably go through another box as well.
There goes another pair of shoes breaking in utter disappointment en-route to +6 :)

Edited by Periphery, 24 March 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#4 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

I feel like they nerfed Enriched Hamme/ores since they introduced the 50 Enriched boxes. I used to get an easy +9 within 5-20 ores back when there was only 10 enriched boxes, but now I usually need 10-20+ when upgrading

Disagree, I do still get +7~9 with around 5~10 ores most of the time.
Is just luck lol

#5 Einherhart

Einherhart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 768 posts
  • LocationHamilton, NZ
  • Server:My Own Uprising

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

It really feels the refine rate isn't the same since they introduced the Enriched 50 box. I got terrible luck since they came out so i just bought +9 equips that i needed.

#6 Periphery

Periphery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Disagree, I do still get +7~9 with around 5~10 ores most of the time.
Is just luck lol

Well , aren't you lucky lol . fml
And I'm only trying to crap for another week so another 30-40 armors then-_- it. Just buy equips or something. Feel like I'm in too deep to come out with nothing now though.

Edited by Periphery, 24 March 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#7 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

As much as I think we'd all like to blame it on rates changing, I really think it's just luck.

I've had a few items that took me an absurd amount to +9 (talking like 50+ ores here) and then others that went to +9 in under 10. :<

#8 visou

visou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Had some terrible luck with regular elu yesterday, i bought 22 White Wing Suits, not a single +7 ....

#9 Jowgen

Jowgen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationLocation Not Found

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

RO has a mind of its own. It can tell when you really want that gear to be over-upgraded. It will eat your enriched ores up to the point where you think your gear is just cursed. The gears you feel completely indifferent about seem to make it just fine (at least, that has been my case.)

#10 Casperwastaken

Casperwastaken

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

I have one of those ^ cursed Gungnir sitting in my storage which i've failed to slot with over 20 slotting ads....

#11 sendo

sendo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

working as intended. Please buy more and retry again =D

#12 Astelost

Astelost

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIceland

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

RO has a mind of its own. It can tell when you really want that gear to be over-upgraded. It will eat your enriched ores up to the point where you think your gear is just cursed. The gears you feel completely indifferent about seem to make it just fine (at least, that has been my case.)

Omg :p_omg: I had this same experience aswell. I had an RPB that won't +9 no matter how much I tried. I totally gave up on that RPB and decided to just sell it. :p_sad:

Edited by Astelost, 24 March 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#13 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Alright , so after spending hundreds on this game , my luck has always , always gone south with this game. It's not what I'm mad about at this point and time , but after coming back after a long hiatus this -_- is really pissing me off. Since returning 2 weeks ago , i've pulled in 10-15mil a day , spent it on enriched and have upgraded anywhere between 4-8 armors a day. (usually 5-8 armors). 2 weeks later , still broke , no +9 anything. Do the -_- math. I'd really like to hear some other stories , but I don't even know anymore with this game. Holy -_-. Whether it's September boxes , OCA's , or refining. I always lose. But I guess one person on the server has to.

You lose.

#14 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Cardinal system...damn you Kayaba!

#15 Astelost

Astelost

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIceland

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

Cardinal system...damn you Kayaba!

Lol! :heh: From my past experiences, I've noticed that I get lucky upgrades most of the time when I'm refining for a friend or someone else's gears. Makes me a jelly(jealous) though. :pif:

#16 BeastK

BeastK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

For me, luck has been dependent on the job class that the equipment has come from.
With ranger equips, I managed to take it 4-5 +9s with one enriched 50 box.
With Rune knights however, I've probably used over 300 enriched ores just to +9 my shoes, weapon and armour. Tried again last night with my RK's Manteau, another 30 wasted and ended up at +3...

#17 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:32 AM

Doin' the math. It's bad. Comes out to about 35 of any gear to make a +9 "on avg" w/ enriched. If you did 8 a day for two weeks that's like 112 lol. Dunno, I always use to bring 40-50 of any item if I wanted to be fairly sure.

#18 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

Nah it hasn't changed yesterday I got a back pack +9 in 3 certs and 2 enriched elu and 2 +7 valk shields +9 in another 25. But last event I used 70 enriched and no +9 on 1 single shield lol

#19 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

rates havent changed, you just have bad luck. generally when i try to upgrade something to +9 i open a box of 50 and if it doesnt get +9 with those i put off the upgrading till another day, if im trying to +10 something i use 2 boxes of enriched. You can either have very good luck or very bad luck. ive made 4 +10s out of 1 box of enriched a couple times, but then theres other times where i would use 4 boxes and not get a single +10.

I think the average number of enriched for +9 is 20-30 and for a +10 its ~150

Edited by Easly, 25 March 2013 - 04:35 AM.

#20 NukeDuke

NukeDuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

it is totally luck, I use 4 enrich to +9, and then 20 and still +7.

#21 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

No, you, man, you have to do the refinement dance. It juggles the RNG! You can't just blast through refines. Didn't you ever take Discrete Math? They teach you all about how to RNG on games. Guaranteed +10's on your first try!

#22 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

No, you, man, you have to do the refinement dance. It juggles the RNG! You can't just blast through refines. Didn't you ever take Discrete Math? They teach you all about how to RNG on games. Guaranteed +10's on your first try!

^^^

this is how I +12'd most of my stuff. There's a trick to it.

#23 Rirezz

Rirezz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

If you hit the button at the right time and the planets align just right, the dwarves carrying packets along the intertubes stop for a beer and your refine succeeds.

I can't tell you how to do it, though, or it'd crash the economy.

Though, like all great plans, it begins with cheese...

#24 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

This is the reason I don't refine things. If I want something overupgraded, I'll buy it before I spend out loads of money refining it myself. I DESPISE RO's refinement system with a bloody passion. Always have, and always will.

I have never hated any upgrade/refinement system in ANY game more than I hate RO's system.

Edited by Tkwan, 25 March 2013 - 06:53 AM.

#25 waka

waka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

I don't think there have been any changes to rates, it just feels that way sometimes since real life luck plays a significant role.6+

it seems when I want something to +9, it takes forever (20-35 ores) which usually results in some 20+ e. ore's left overs. It is usually with the left over en. ore's that I have the most luck, so when upgrade any +7's for the heck of it, I get gear I usually just sell off.

My best streak on +7->+9 was 5 items using 20 left over e elus and zero left over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users