• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 jshun123

jshun123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

I was windering where genetic sit in terms of PVP ladder.. With AB halved in damage and when it is so easy to stack demi human reducts and GR / Devi Im guessing Our cannon and acid bomb would be useless? (or not) so what kind of damage are we looking at?

And woe gears are the best with glorious mace right?

#2 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

Your not there for damage you're a support class. Crazy vines, howling, hellplant on particular squishies maybe. HomunS skills. FCP obviously.

#3 jshun123

jshun123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

Well i wanted to try damage so i posted this xD

but yeah thanks for the heads up

#4 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

Uhm, in general your dps is going to be very poor compared to a bunch of other classes and you have no solid AOE dps. You could theoretically try using fire expansion for damage but I've yet to seen it be used effectively.

#5 jshun123

jshun123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

Ahah so fcp then afk until woe is over

#6 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

Nononono. Howling and crazy vines are absolutely needed in any scale siege. Sure you can toss some bombs to add DPS on hard to kill targets too/break -_- but those first 2 skills are absolutely clutch.

#7 jshun123

jshun123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Yeah maybe i should stick to mvp since i hate standing around and then getting my ass kicked by a one person lol

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

You seem to be missing what viri is saying....

Genetic is a critical support class in WoE. It is not a killing class.

You spam mandragora howl as often as it will let you to force the enemy AB's to spam lauda (if someone is howled, they're pretty much useless until howl wears off or is removed with lauda - so this is a very effective skill, particularly against guilds with poor AB support).

In major corridor wars and precasts, people have pneumas and NB set up, and are constantly casting ranged skills on eachother that are blocked by pneuma and NB - crazy vines shreds ground effects like pneuma and NB, allowing the killer classes to vaporize the enemy. You can really see this in major fights in WoE - I've many times seen a guild taking heavy fire from DB/TT AS/etc and not taking any damage from it due to pneumas, then I see that circle of dancing plants, and then everyone starts dropping. It's a critical skill in WoE.

And of course you bloodsucker people with interruptable cast times so they can't get casts off.

When Silent Breeze and Volcanic Ash get re-enabled (should be next week's maint, when we get the skill balance changes)

What you don't do in WoE is try to kill people with CC/AB (those don't hurt), and hellplant is only good if you're really built for it. Genetic is a really important WoE class.

#9 jshun123

jshun123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Yeah i heard about hell plant build byt i wanna leave my gen as MVP so ill prob lvl my long lost AB for woe xD thanks for that advice tho azzy

#10 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

If you really want to kill, with instant cast and an eira's 189 aspd, hell plant is quite lethal against a lot of classes.

You don't need a special build for it, azzy. You just need rwc pendents and a malangdo enchanted combat knife and step on magic strings (And an eira). Works with MVP/support builds.

(RWC pendent[spell3][spell3] x 2 = 32% cast time reduct, and combat knife[spell4][spell4] = 20% reduct, and you get the other 48% from a maestro's strings).

Edited by Jaye, 26 March 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#11 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

hell plant and crazy vines is so good in WOE. ^^ You can kill ppl with those skills. ^^

#12 jshun123

jshun123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

If you really want to kill, with instant cast and an eira's 189 aspd, hell plant is quite lethal against a lot of classes.

You don't need a special build for it, azzy. You just need rwc pendents and a malangdo enchanted combat knife and step on magic strings (And an eira). Works with MVP/support builds.

(RWC pendent[spell3][spell3] x 2 = 32% cast time reduct, and combat knife[spell4][spell4] = 20% reduct, and you get the other 48% from a maestro's strings).

so you are telljng me that i dont need.to go 120 int and 120dex build? o.O

#13 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

That'd be an AWFUL build lmao

#14 jshun123

jshun123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

Well i started to lvl my forgotten ab... 1 TI = 1 lvl at 115?! haha wow... downside is i am used to cartboost so i keep thinking i got movement debuff and casting agi on myself xD

#15 Yogabear

Yogabear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

sigh wrong.

115 120 94 so you still have stun immunity

forget the pendants. rock a orleans glove for dex

use vip buffs and pop +20 foods get a clementia and/or borrow a hammer.

You don't have to be rich to instant plant at 189 I'm sure as hell not.

and yes I spammed around 1000 plants killing most people that didn't have over roughly 35k hp cause I could lay 3 plants pretty fast.

Edited by Yogabear, 27 March 2013 - 07:13 AM.

#16 jshun123

jshun123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Im sure there are more than one.way to get a insta hell plant lol

#17 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

sigh wrong.

115 120 94 so you still have stun immunity

forget the pendants. rock a orleans glove for dex

use vip buffs and pop +20 foods get a clementia and/or borrow a hammer.

You don't have to be rich to instant plant at 189 I'm sure as hell not.

and yes I spammed around 1000 plants killing most people that didn't have over roughly 35k hp cause I could lay 3 plants pretty fast.

This post is mentally retarded.

Edited by Jaye, 27 March 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#18 jshun123

jshun123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Well im suree gen or merch class itself uses alot of zeny(gen especially) so spending zeny is usual...

Edited by jshun123, 27 March 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#19 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Well im suree gen or merch class itself uses alot of zeny(gen especially) so spending zeny is usual...

No his post is idiotic because his solution to spending 1b~1.5b to perfect 2 rwc accessories and a combat knife, is to instead acquire a 15b mjollnir. Also mjollnir is very heavy (600 weight) and doesn't reduce incoming damage by 10% like a combat knife. And a gene getting a ton of dex to get instant cast through stats is missing out on a lot of stat points that could be in a resistance stat like LUK or AGI for WoE, or more VIT for max HP. Basically his suggestion is a significantly worse build for woe and mvp.

That and he recommends a zerom carded orleans' gloves (useless) over kafra blossom carded rwc pendents (very very, very useful).

And +20 foods are a zeny sinkhole. It was incredibly ironic and bad advice. "Don't waste money, instead spend more money and actually be inferior as a result".

Edited by Jaye, 28 March 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#20 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

The least stats possible to achieve Instant Cast with Mjolnir is 90 Int and 91 Dex. Without +10 Food 100 Int and 101 Dex or 90 Int and 106 Dex. As Jaye said the build you are using Yogabear is wasting points rather than using them efficiently. If you want to achieve instant cast without Mjolnir Cast Time Reduction % would be more advisable than wasting stats points to make you a pin up target for an easy kill.

Edited by Riakuta, 28 March 2013 - 08:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users