Can One of You Expert Gens Answer A Few Questions For Me Please - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can One of You Expert Gens Answer A Few Questions For Me Please

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 shamanix07

shamanix07

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:21 AM

So I've read through the sticked posts and gotten a decent idea of how the gens work. Although im a fairly new player, so I dont really understand what alot of the abbreviations mean and most of the guides are for players with infinite amounts of money, which doesnt help me much.

I am a 99 Gen right now on chaos renewal server (people always ask what server lol) and i plan on gearing up for pvm to do TIs and occasionally mob train solo (if i solo really well then i might just full time solo). The guides are kinda old and might even be outdated, which is why im posting this thread

My questions are:

-What is the best weapon i can get for under 60m? I read that red twin sword is the best, but i was looking it up and it only has 160 atk which seems insanely low. So I dont understand how this could be the best possible weapon to use for Cart Cannon. I was thinking that maybe using a giant axe might help boost damage more?

-Also, which cards are best to use on the weapon for cart cannon (since this will be my primary mode of leveling)? I've read so many conflicting points of view on this that it's making my head spin now. Some people say that AS cards are the best, and then others say that they dont do anything for your damage at all. I will be using acid bombs occasionally and might even mess with some low level MVPs using acid bombs but like i said before, I'll be mainly just mob killing to 150.

-Is leveling with Crazy Vines more effective then Cart Cannon (if you have the mats for it)? It says that it does 1500% dmg where as cart cannon is much lower

-Is Fire expansion actually good? Its such a complex spell that im still trying to understand how one would even use that(and its very MAT reliant)

-Are the bombs worth learning for pvm? They have some interesting debuffs n such, but isnt cart cannon more powerful?

-What is the purpose of having dex on a gen? Does it really lower the cast time of Cart Cannon that much that 100 dex is neccessary? I was thinking of getting 80 str and 100 int first (at lvl 99) with the rest into vit for survivability. But if dex is for cast time, maybe get like 60 dex 40-50 vit. I dunno. it just seems like with the stats spread across so many areas, that something is going to hurt. What is the best stat setup for lvl 100 (doesnt have to be pure mvp build)?

-Do most gens just level with cart cannon from 100-150?

-When you evolve your homunculus to Hom. S., do they maintain the same HP and stats that your previous homunculus had, or do they take on completely new stats and hp based on what you pick and only retain the skills? Meaning if you pick a low hp homunculus, does it become a low hp homunculus S with just some minor boosts, or does it become something almost completely new? Im currently using a low hp homunculus and i wanna know if i should just start from scratch with something better, or if i can still salvage him XD. My friend has vanil, and his vanil thats 20 levels lower than my homunculus has 2000 more hp. Its not fair because they do almost the same damage (mine hits harder).

To whoevers willing to answer these questions, thank you in advance =)

Edited by shamanix07, 27 March 2013 - 05:54 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

There is a whole thread about weapons.

RTE is the best 1-handed weapon, and you really want the shield in most cases. Also, Axes have terrible size modifiers, and this greatly reduces the benefit of the high atk axes against non-large monsters. You want archer skeleton cards in it, because they effect the entirety of the damage and increase damage with both cart cannon and acid bomb.

No, crazy vines has a cooldown and the AoE is too unpredictable for use leveling anyway. It's a WoE skill.

Fire Expansion... the only ability of fire expansion that's particularly useful is level 5, which does an AoE acid bomb (same damage formula, except archer skel cards and other % ranged mods don't work). The other levels don't hurt, and demonic fire does laughable damage.

The fruit bombs? They're for WoE/special purposes.

Cast time and hitting the 90 dex for HBP bonus. Not worth going beyond 90 base dex on genetic for PVM/MVP. Not sure exactly how to build at 100, should focus on str/int though, to get the damage per cast of CC up.

Yes.

#3 shamanix07

shamanix07

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

There is a whole thread about weapons.

read the thread about weapons but everyone is arguing and conflicting about what does what. thank you for youre answers though!

Yes.

yes it keeps its old stats or yes it gets completely new ones? =p

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Yes was to leveling 100-150 with cart cannon, you edited in the question about homun S while I was answering.

Homun S keeps all stats and skills that your homun has, and gets a bonus to all upon changing to homun S. What type of homun do you have? Different types of homun get different HP growth, and homun max HP isn't really a big deal - it makes very little difference in the long run.

#5 shamanix07

shamanix07

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

Yes was to leveling 100-150 with cart cannon, you edited in the question about homun S while I was answering.

Homun S keeps all stats and skills that your homun has, and gets a bonus to all upon changing to homun S. What type of homun do you have? Different types of homun get different HP growth, and homun max HP isn't really a big deal - it makes very little difference in the long run.

I'm using an unevolved Filir atm. He only has 5500 hp at lvl 92 =(. His attack damage is nice but he dies ALOT. I'm hoping hes still salvageable as a Homunculus S. I was going to turn him into Sera.

#6 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Fire Expansion... the only ability of fire expansion that's particularly useful is level 5, which does an AoE acid bomb (same damage formula, except archer skel cards and other % ranged mods don't work). The other levels don't hurt, and demonic fire does laughable damage.

Level 3 is INCREDIBLY good. Like RIDICULOUSLY good if used properly.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

That sounds like normal HP for an unevolved filir?

#8 shamanix07

shamanix07

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

That sounds like normal HP for an unevolved filir?

Well my friends Vanil thats 20 levels lower has 7-8k hp and way more defense (and will probably be doing same dmg as mine at his level). I'm just trying to find a reason to even keep Filir, seeing as hes so weak and all. Im hoping theres some light at the end of the tunnel for him :p_laugh:

btw i tried like 30 times to get vanil, but it just wasnt happening =(

Edited by shamanix07, 27 March 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Main benefits of Filir is the instant cast physical skill (it's short range, but it does way more damage than caprice), and the self buffs. It can get +5% atk and +20 flee up full time, plus the small aspd buff.

I do think vani outshines filir, but it has nothing to do with HP totals or def - it's just because the rangedness of caprice is so useful for tagging monsters and breaking casts.

#10 shamanix07

shamanix07

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

I do think vani outshines filir, but it has nothing to do with HP totals or def - it's just because the rangedness of caprice is so useful for tagging monsters and breaking casts.

Whats the increase in hp/stats when you change to S? If i change Filir to Sera, will his hp pool double or will he just be a weak Sera with a high dmg close range attack. I'm mainly going to be using him to help me kill in TI's(mainly for peeling mobs off me so i dont have to waste sp on CC or acid bottles) or to pull mobs outside of TIs for CCing which is why i would like him to not die every pull lol

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

You are a genetic. You do not need help killing in the turnins, and the contribution your homun makes to your damage output is negligible.
You do not have SP problems either. You have 90+ base int.
Plus, your homun will be cut to ribbons by most TI monsters, and TI's require being able to kill mobs, and the AoE skills homuns have just don't cut it against even mid TI monsters.

What matters about homuns isn't their damage output. What matters is the skills that they can use to support you, the owner. Sera is all about painkiller (they level well afk too with mist in OD2), Dieter is for VA in WoE, and Pyro/Granitic owner buffs, Eira is all about overboost.

#12 shamanix07

shamanix07

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

You are a genetic. You do not need help killing in the turnins, and the contribution your homun makes to your damage output is negligible.
You do not have SP problems either. You have 90+ base int.
Plus, your homun will be cut to ribbons by most TI monsters, and TI's require being able to kill mobs, and the AoE skills homuns have just don't cut it against even mid TI monsters.

What matters about homuns isn't their damage output. What matters is the skills that they can use to support you, the owner. Sera is all about painkiller (they level well afk too with mist in OD2), Dieter is for VA in WoE, and Pyro/Granitic owner buffs, Eira is all about overboost.

So then technically, the best possible homunculus to evolve to S would be Amistr then since he gives +10-30vit boost or Lif for her heal?

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

Amistr probably - be sure to take it to loyal twice though to get bloodlust.

Lif's heal, well, it's great - I mean it's not like there's another way to heal yourself by using some sort of consumable item.... oh wait... that's called a potion...

#14 shamanix07

shamanix07

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

Amistr probably - be sure to take it to loyal twice though to get bloodlust.

Lif's heal, well, it's great - I mean it's not like there's another way to heal yourself by using some sort of consumable item.... oh wait... that's called a potion...

XD

hahaha

Thanks for all of the help Azzy. I i think im going to dump Filir tonight and start Amistr. Thankfully my filir is barely at neutral right now so its not too much of a loss ><

#15 sistars

sistars

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Locationindo
  • Server:ygg

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

is we better level homonculus to 99 then evolve first or evolve then lvl to 99? is this give same

#16 shpongled

shpongled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

is we better level homonculus to 99 then evolve first or evolve then lvl to 99? is this give same

your pet will hit lvl 99 long before becoming loyal (my pet is currently only at about halfway to loyal and already lvl 98. unless of course youre a complete botter/using third party software to feed him/just sit in town all day feeding pet and doing nothing else.

#17 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

Doesn't matter.

Just as long as you don't level it PAST 99 before changing to homun S, it makes no difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users