[q] Ragnarok Online 2 Beta - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[q] Ragnarok Online 2 Beta

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SEnergy

SEnergy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

so, what's the thing with the RO2 beta? I remember I actually played this game few years ago (4?), no, im not trolling or something, I actually played it and remember few things from it, I think that u started in some tunnel as a training grounds and after that u went to the city to select the class, I think that I'd be able to describe middle of the city or even draw it (poorly), it looked the same as it looks now (the game), I played on some super low populated server since most ppl played ragnarok online instead (we were like 3-4 players on the server most) O_o does anybody have idea what's going on ? was that some alpha version? one of the first versions 4 years old? or what? O_o

#2 Doumz

Doumz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

That was the 1st version of Ro2.
They scrapped it and started from scratch after that,that's why it took so long before coming out.

#3 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

Btw, since we can keep our character name after launch(after beta is done), does it mean we cannot keep our character from Beta?(only the name and need to start all over again?)

Edited by UchihaDave, 30 March 2013 - 03:56 AM.

#4 SEnergy

SEnergy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

That was the 1st version of Ro2.
They scrapped it and started from scratch after that,that's why it took so long before coming out.

that makes sense, but why did they scrapped it? is the new version going to be more like RO? since afaik the stats in RO2 were a little bit different than in RO

Btw, since we can keep our character name after launch(after beta is done), does it mean we cannot keep our character from Beta?(only the name and need to start all over again?)

yes, you will only be able to keep your name, not your character since it wouldn't be fair against new players, same goes when the game is going from CBT to OBT

#5 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:05 AM

Thought ill add.
I played KRO2 in the beta days CBT and OBT then SEARO2 CBT and OBT when you start out you start at West Mt Mjollnir as your chosen first job class etc :Mage and do quests as you go then when you reach 25 you can change jobs. However on CBT closed beta test our characters will be deleted after CBT is finished but if you reach the lvl 10 mark you can keep your char name.

Ill meet everyone there to bash those porings ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users