Ragnarok problem in windows 8 PLEASE HELP! :( - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ragnarok problem in windows 8 PLEASE HELP! :(

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yongsky

Yongsky

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

So I think someone needs to sticky a guide for Windows 8 user because judging from all the post I've gone through, there are only a couple of users who are sucessfully playing RO on this OS.

After finally downloading a non-corrupted file from the official site, I went on ahead and installed the game. Problem is, I'm not able to play due to a small screen that keeps popping up (As well, there is no option for resolution in the setup) I've checked this forums, searched for answers and still cannot play. My graphics card is updated, and I believe I am running DirectX 11 (Assuming all new laptops are equipped with DirectX 11, but mine for sure is.)

It would be helpful if there was some guide to help out the Windows 8 user, I recently bought a laptop because I've been without one for a while, and unfortunately all new laptops are equipped with Windows 8, so this was out of my hands.

#2 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

Have you tried running the client in compatibility mode?

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

What screen keeps popping up?

If it's the setup screen, that's because you're not running the game as admin, and thus setup is blocked from saving settings. Run the game as admin, and setup will only appear once.

Edited by DrAzzy, 05 April 2013 - 09:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users