Old player here, why has nothing really changed? - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Old player here, why has nothing really changed?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 minorfire

minorfire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

I dont get it... this game is basically still the same as it was when it came out. sure, some changes here and there, but nothing "exitingly" new as i would call it. for example: now that they have gone live with Steam, You would think they would place new stuff exept the basics, and by new stuff, i mean stuff like a new class (been waiting from the day ROSE went out of beta to see what other fun classes they would bring... alas, nothing new in all those years). new worlds get boring pretty quickly in my opinion and is basically same 'ol same ol'

I quit this game 2 times: first after they went from F2P to P2P
then i came back a year or 2 ago and found that they implemented a whole load of new stuff (no classes, but hey, the questing stuff was awesome! :D ) and where free again
quit again after a while cause ive been playing these clases for some time. And now that i saw this game on steam i thought: damn, this game must've done huge new projects in order to be on this list!
alas
nothing... nihil... nada....

Somewhere i think even the die hard comunity (not me, quit twice, remember :P ) has given up every spark of hope for something exept a new world here or a skill change there.

however, i do think it would be a great publicity stunt, something that could promote downloads on steam, to implement a new class or new subclasses.

Just my 2 cents :)

#2 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

We are getting new stuff..just not necessarily what we want. They are striving to hard to make this like other games rather than embracing the fact that we like it because its not like other games.

#3 Fluffier

Fluffier

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Leonis/Draconis

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

All Rose wants is our money ever since it went onto Steam. Rose has its own unique features but are slowly becoming less and less creative because of adding unnecessary things like the dungeons. If they want to get more money, they need more players, and if they want more players, they better start listening to the people who actually play the game because the community is dying quickly. But if you want them to listen to you, you might as well contact their team or maybe start a petition. That's the only way you can get their attention. Anyway, no action will be done if no one starts something.

#4 Kermaperuna

Kermaperuna

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

The fruit is running out of juice. You can squeeze harder, but when it's gone it's gone.

#5 metroid89

metroid89

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

All Rose wants is our money ever since it went onto Steam. Rose has its own unique features but are slowly becoming less and less creative because of adding unnecessary things like the dungeons. If they want to get more money, they need more players, and if they want more players, they better start listening to the people who actually play the game because the community is dying quickly. But if you want them to listen to you, you might as well contact their team or maybe start a petition. That's the only way you can get their attention. Anyway, no action will be done if no one starts something.

What always suprises me is how quickly players shoot down ideas, while they never suggest anything themselves.
If you think you represent the whole community, and if you think you know what will make Rose more popular, what's stopping you from posting those ideas? Surely the developers understand that more players => more money. I have seen these drama threads and "Rose is dying"-posts every.single.year, and yet here we are, it's still running. You and your opinion are less important than you think you are. People come and go.

Edited by metroid89, 07 April 2013 - 09:12 AM.

#6 Broadway

Broadway

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

That has change ! The Main quest (hero quest) has no longer reward except low low money =)

#7 Stachola

Stachola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

What always suprises me is how quickly players shoot down ideas, while they never suggest anything themselves.
If you think you represent the whole community, and if you think you know what will make Rose more popular, what's stopping you from posting those ideas? Surely the developers understand that more players => more money. I have seen these drama threads and "Rose is dying"-posts every.single.year, and yet here we are, it's still running. You and your opinion are less important than you think you are. People come and go.

Why propose an idea if it's going to be ignored and not taken into consideration? I've seen a lot of great ideas thrown at the Gravity team; yet, they still put in pointless IM costumes most patches.

#8 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

Why propose an idea if it's going to be ignored and not taken into consideration? I've seen a lot of great ideas thrown at the Gravity team; yet, they still put in pointless IM costumes most patches.

I've watched various games in development and know it's a fact that lots of good idea's simply can't be implimented due to budgets and manpower factors. Years ago I followed a developers corner for a RPG game (non-mmo), and there was a forum where fans of the game could discuss the sequel and features they would like to see with the game developers (non MMO boxed RPG). Often the programmers would say some things couldn't be put in, but some could however.

Many of us are aware that Gravity has a small staff so that does severly limit what they can do, but how do you know if you don't try. Throwing up your hands and doing nothing because of a defeatist attitudewill get you nothing in life, or in Rose. It doesn't take much effort to post your proposals. You know the effort that you put to come in and complain and be negative could have been put toward something constructive or a helpful suggestions.

+1

It seems there are plenty of negative posts about Rose where people who like to throw complaints out liberally but then don't offer their thoughts and suggestions on how to improve the game or what they would like to see. It's better to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem.

I agree 100% with the comments above - it's true, people have posted the Rose is dying comments since 2006/2007 and every year after - that is nothing new. Rose won't last forever, but the point is, players can be a positive influence and try to use their passion for good and to promote the game rather than just throw rotten fruit.

My 2 cents worth regarding "nothing has really changed". What I'd like to see is some things not change ironically - what I'm talking about is the skill and stat's system. I've been here since 2005 in NARose closed beta, and I've seen the stats and skill system revised so many times it makes my head spin and its a real turn off to have to re-learn skills and stats over and over and over and over and over - lost count now - and now another skill/stat update is on the way having been tested on Pegasis. When will it end? Gravity really needs to settle on a good system that works and keep it. All that energy, time and money could have been put toward new content and bug fixing. So in my opinion, settling on a skill and stat system and sticking with it would be a positive and good thing! Then we could bank on what to expect and look forward to hopefully some new content.

As far as things I would like to see of course would be a good old fashioned new content update to the game with new maps and monsters for higher players to level and farm - perhaps Orlo Chapter 3 (which was announced serveral years ago but apparently forgotten about or put on the shelf). I know the game needs income so I am willing to consider new content/maps a pay area where I can buy a pass to go play there with characters or whatever. The game started out as a mainly PVM game, which is why I came here, but a few years ago the updates became PVP oriented. Apparently whoever took control of development pushed ROSE in that direction. I'd like to see ROSE get back to it's roots and some new PVM content back, in the traditional style of Rose.

Cheers, Coffee

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 10 April 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#9 Fluffier

Fluffier

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Leonis/Draconis

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

This is MY opinion, and if you don't like it, keep it to yourself. Don't be an angry baby.

#10 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

This is MY opinion, and if you don't like it, keep it to yourself. Don't be an angry baby.

I didn't take metroids comments as actully angry, quite the opposite. His rebuttal gets to the truth of a major problem here in the fourms. (As far as keeping it to his self, this a public game forum where people can disagree as long as we don't break the rules and keep it civil.) The problem is, many people come in to the forums posting "opinions" as you put it, and what it entails is just things they don't like, end of story. Posts like that are all too common, probably 95% of the posts.

What are uncommon, but constructive and actually helpful, are posts which tell the developers and staff at Gravity what you would like to see. Just telling them what you don't like doesn't give them the ability to read your minds and dream up what you would like. Chances are, they would miss the mark. It would be better if they had concrete examples of what you would like to see. Get cracking!

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 07 April 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#11 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

however, i do think it would be a great publicity stunt, something that could promote downloads on steam, to implement a new class or new subclasses.

Just my 2 cents :)

I would like to know what Class or new sub Classes you would like to see?
Im just trying to imagine exactly what your hoping for and without any detail from you, it's difficult.
Otherwise im going to sit here and dream up my own thoughts on a Class or what new sub classes and i doubt they will be the same as what you hope for.
If your able to just go a little deeper, it would be appreciated.

#12 Kermaperuna

Kermaperuna

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

There's a difference between just ignoring a great idea and stating a reason why it can't be put to use. Shouldn't take too much effort at their end either.

#13 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Years ago quite a few idea's by users were implemented into the game... such as new gems, new wings, new refining system (player idea based on irose as well as new implements), costume tabs (not really looking for bonuses, but rather so players didn't all look the same) and many other idea's that I simply can't remember... the worst suggestion is the one not suggested...

There are 3 types of people...

Those who lead, those who follow and those who do nothing/complain... to falsely state that the developers ignore idea's is the same as doing nothing...

Think about this... if you don't like something about the game, instead of just coming in and complaining about it, why not give some pros and cons and what can be done to make it more enjoyable... true, they will not do everything the players ask... they have their own intention on the game, but they may take those ideas and work them in when and where they see fit... Just because it isn't done right away, doesn't mean they have ignored it... it may just mean that it just isn't the right time to go for it...

#14 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Those who lead, those who follow and those who do nothing/complain... to falsely state that the developers ignore idea's is the same as doing nothing...

+1000

Heya Tru! I can't really add much to that!

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 07 April 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#15 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leona

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Class Ideas:

Destroyer Class
A class that uses a huge hammer weapon! They smash enemies! They smash moles! THEY SMASH ANYTHING!

Boomerang Class
A class that uses a boomerang! They throw their awesome! cool! deadly! boomerangs! It will slash enemies to half!

Inventor Class
A class that invents(summons) anything! They invent turrets! robots and stuff! (P.S. the chaaracter's weapon, something like this http://animechronicl...slingshot_2.jpg)

Bard Class
A class that uses instrumental weapons! They can silence! stun! and damge enemies! by playing some MUSIC!

yep! Lame ideas :/ I know.

Edited by lala09, 07 April 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#16 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Those who suck up are just as problematic. But really, lots of the ones I see complaining have tried to suggest things before, but it never seems to go anywhere. I equate asking for things.. to having an evil djinn grant your wishes. The ideas are bound to be twisted into something you really didn't want.

Yeah, I admit there are some people that just complain to complain..But there are others who complain because they do not like what is being done with the game they love so much.

I've seen things complained about with suggestions added(Not everyone is going to make suggestions in a chipper manor when they are upset)...and said things complained about denied..for the longest time before someone development side is like..oh... it is a problem. So its a two-sided problem..not just on the community side.

For some examples that back up my claim:

It took me two months to get them to acknowledge that there was duping on leo going on when there were all those servers problem ALONGSIDE the zuly exploit that is going on. And to go along with that.. and you can check the suggestions forum..I had a thread up about how to help drain some zuly(as we're far beyond fixing any duping that occurred..not to mention I'm not sure they can because the server was so bad--something I don't blame them for). There has been no update since that.. But in the span of the last four months.. IM prices have pretty much doubled(And people are willing to pay even more than that..because its a supply/demand issue.. on top of some people having tons of zulie they didnt have before) and prices of everything else has skyrocketed at least to double their price(reflecting the same jump in im).

Example two: the Spawn killing in CD. The first complaint of it was ignored.. Second we were told that it wasn't a real problem.. They half- rectified the problem by making it so people do not gain points when they are in spawn and your hp restores at a faster rate when you're in your own spawn. Did it help? Not really. Outcome: people still are getting spawn killed. Basically, before they acknowledged the problem at all--they said it was a player problem not a game problem. But its the developers who should be accounting for player behavior..Its not like this was a new behavior. Yeah, the people who spawn kill sometimes don't get the same amount of points(although I really debate sometimes how true this is with those ranged characters), but they still do it for fun--as predicted and expected by many of the people making the complaint. Things were suggested as fixes..Changes in the map(like making the first two spawns raised like the third one..) and plenty other things were suggested.

Point system in CD--There really isn't too much of a reward for actually winning or defending the crystal. I've been saying this for a year..and suggested a more union-war like point system before-- The problem, sometimes defenders even give up crystals just to get more points. PVP in game arena is just about points and winning doesn't really matter. No competition = boring. Many players do CD just because there is nothing else to do.

Lets not even get into the union war debacle.

So yeah, I'm going to go ahead and say that they don't always give ideas and complaints the attention they deserve. Partly, and most of us are aware, is their team's size.. But giving us things we don't actually want so it looks like things are happening doesn't help either---How many games of Draconis Peaks have you played?

#17 Kermaperuna

Kermaperuna

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

To falsely state that the developers don't ignore any ideas is the same as being naive.

Personally I'm tired of milking a dead cow. People who tell me to keep milking are just fools in my eyes.

Ps. I wouldn't be on such a hurry to give people complainer's stamps on their foreheads, it's impossible for anyone to know how much someone may or may not have submitted great ideas.

#18 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Essentially most of the banter above is derived from frustrated players.

The real conundrum is as follows.

People who left and came back want change, as well as a few others that stay.
People who stay, don't want things to change, not unless it benefits them someway.

Also, vast majority of resources are going into a new update estimated to be released around early summer. But no further news has been posted.

After that update is released [and primary tweaks are made] the staff will begin focusing on back-end up dates to the system's hardware + software; allowing for future new + updated content. Until this back-end update has been completed the updates were limited to the way the previous compilers gave the game to Gravity. Many limitations were left in the clients coding and until this is stripped or modified the updates are going to remain limited.

That, in a nut shell, is the best non-biased answer I can give.

Edited by Feuer, 07 April 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#19 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

why new classes when we can get third jobs. :I
Cooler, more badass skills. THATS ALL I WANT! :p_smile:

#20 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

Not sure I would use the word unbiased for that, in any sense of the term. Plenty of players who have been around want to see change--just not necessarily some of the change we are given. I refer back to my analogy of the evil djinn.
Take the thread creator(and now the post before mine as it was added as I was writing).. Wants new job classes added..one above wants new Jobs(I would be more inclined to ask for the third jobs because they could expand the skill trees that way).. the skills how they are now are not that unbalanced, you hear plenty of us say it..Yes it needs tweaking. They can't figure out how to tweak it..so they scrap the whole thing and start from scratch.. effectively giving us something we don't want. We want change..just not change we are given. I don't want this game to be the other unnamed games in the same genre. I want it to be ROSE Online.

#21 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

problem solved!

Cleric-->sexiii
mage-->walock
champ-->gaurdian
Knight-->paladin
Bourg--> no idea
Artisan--> perfect already.......
hawker-->assassin/ninja
scout--> assassin/hunter

#22 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

So yeah, I'm going to go ahead and say that they don't always give ideas and complaints the attention they deserve. Partly, and most of us are aware, is their team's size.. But giving us things we don't actually want so it looks like things are happening doesn't help either---

You're right... Can't argue with that... personally, I enjoyed rose more in open beta and through the p2p era more than I do now...

I have had many discussions with Leo through PMs about rose over the years and the direction it was going... though some of the things he told me stayed true, some of them didn't... which is to be expected... an mmo has to constantly keep evolving or expanding... unfortunately, the rose team is not big enough to make these changes quickly... and I would guess that is also why they may have a hard time in deciding where to input these idea's that players have, while still keeping the spirit of what rose online is going... I hope that made sense... Leonis himself has told me that there are a lot of good idea's, but figuring out how to implement them is more difficult that giving the ideas... which makes sense...

How many games of Draconis Peaks have you played?

Zero... I am one of the few players that mainly play solo... something else that used to be a lot more fun in the earlier days or rose...

To falsely state that the developers don't ignore any ideas is the same as being naive.

Again:

So yeah, I'm going to go ahead and say that they don't always give ideas and complaints the attention they deserve.

Hit right on the head... as for being naïve... nah... I have seen many player idea's get implemented since Gravity took over...

I don't play nearly as much anymore nor do I enjoy it as much as I used to... but for some reason I keep coming back and play a little here and a little there... the odds of the gaming being that much fun for me again don't seem promising based on what Leo has told me... but I still have hope that some day other players may agree with me and they will let their voice be heard as well...

Most importantly though... if someone presents an idea that you like, have a discussion about it, list pros and cons and how it can be tweaked... a +1 really doesn't make a statement... and if there is an idea with no one else talking in it... chances are that might not be one of the better suggestions... just my thought...

#23 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

lets all just make a stand.
boycott anyone?
:p_laugh:

#24 teddy77

teddy77

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationBali, Indonesia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EARTH

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

whats new? did they respond your idea? #backdrinkorangejuice

#25 Stachola

Stachola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

There's been plenty of ideas thrown out to Gravity on ways they can generate revenue and make the game better. To keep stating over and over again what could/should be added/implemented into this game is a waste of time. That horse has been beaten too death so many times. Patience turns into frustration and frustration turns into complaints.

Edited by Stachola, 07 April 2013 - 06:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users