Filir in Renewal is a complete joke. PLZ UPDATE HIS STATS DEV TEAM - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Filir in Renewal is a complete joke. PLZ UPDATE HIS STATS DEV TEAM

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

right now my filir has 1 aspd point more then my friends same level vanil and 4000 less hp. the benefit of making filir is supposed to be having a much higher aspd then the other homuncs and fleeing attacks instead of tanking them, yet my filir almost never dodges any attacks from monsters over lvl 80 due to poor Renewal mechanics, and has a very unimpressive attack speed. having 4k less hp means hes dying all of the time to any mob over level 90.

why has the development team completely ignored the need to update pets based on changed game mechanics? are they just trying to force us all to default on using amistr/vanils ? I feel disgusted right now at the thougth of having to start completely over on him. Im going to be waiting till he changes into Sera to make a final decision, but right now its looking grim.

post your filir horror stories here

Edited by killedbytofu, 10 April 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

What are you talking about? They're not worthless, they have two selfbuff skills, both of which work, and moonlight does about twice the damage of caprice. They can keep lvl 1 flitting and accel flight up full time giving them a flee advantage over other homun and a small damage advantage, or they can use the higher levels for short bursts of improved performance.

Filir and vani have the same aspd unbuffed with equal stats, too.

I tend to think vani is more useful in PVM and more effective on leveling due to caprice being ranged, but filir is far from worthless, and in a significant number of situations, it outperforms vani and the other homun types.

If you want to talk about a homun that's a joke in renewal, it's lif, since Mental Charge no longer increases normal attack damage, urgent escape is obsolete (cart boost) and healing hands was obsolete before it existed because you can just use potions.

Suggestions for changes in the game belong in the proposals and suggestions forum, though, not the class discussion forum.

#3 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

What are you talking about? They're not worthless, they have two selfbuff skills, both of which work, and moonlight does about twice the damage of caprice. They can keep lvl 1 flitting and accel flight up full time giving them a flee advantage over other homun and a small damage advantage, or they can use the higher levels for short bursts of improved performance.

Filir and vani have the same aspd unbuffed with equal stats, too.

I tend to think vani is more useful in PVM and more effective on leveling due to caprice being ranged, but filir is far from worthless, and in a significant number of situations, it outperforms vani and the other homun types.

If you want to talk about a homun that's a joke in renewal, it's lif, since Mental Charge no longer increases normal attack damage, urgent escape is obsolete (cart boost) and healing hands was obsolete before it existed because you can just use potions.

Suggestions for changes in the game belong in the proposals and suggestions forum, though, not the class discussion forum.

accelerated flight is completely worthless. he still takes hits almost 100% of the time against mobs his own level. Ive done multiple tests on this and its just absolute worthless garbage. the only time ive seen a difference in his flee was against mobs 20 levels lower. And he should not have the same stats as vanil since vanil is supposed to be a caster and hes supposed to be equivalent to a rogue. his flee mechanics should be upgraded drastically to match Renewals flee vs hit system

isnt the entire point of the pet to help you kill and keep you alive? what good is a pet that goes down every 30seconds -1minute without constant heals.

and we both know what the proposals and suggestions forum really is....a graveyard

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

No homunculus can effectively fight monsters their own level. They are not players, and they are not supposed to be able to fight monsters their level like a player could. Generally, you level homuns on monsters much lower level than they are (they aren't effected by level penalty). Actually, if I was fighting monsters that pushed the limits of what a homun could kill, I would pick filir over vani , because their damage output is so much higher.

You also seem to be forgetting that you can res your homun repeatedly for just the SP cost...

#5 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

Hmm.. what monsters are you talking about? If you're leveling your filir, shouldn't you be at OD1 or 2? They are 4x - 5x.. and your homun is like 80 or so, as you said.. You shouldn't have any problem though..

#6 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

i take him everywhere. its really sad that i have to level him on lvl 40-60 monsters at lvl 98. Sometimes hell even die to the lvl 60 mobs. Ive played both filir and vanil and vanil never had these problems. His defense scales with level. If i were to put vanil against the same mobs, he wouldnt be taking any damage. What im saying is that im not expecting filir to be a tank, but as an agi class, he should be dodging hits WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more often and his ASPD should be a good 5+ points above vanil. Its a complete joke that a caster would have almost exact same aspd as a thief type

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Filir should have more flee than vani at equal level with Accel 1 up, and hence should do better w/regards to dodging attacks. The vani will of course take less damage, since vani has high vit, while filir has almost none.

But the thing is - for unattended leveling in OD2, your filir shouldn't be dying (if it is, there's likely an AI or AI config problem), nor should a vani. And in attended leveling, homun deaths don't matter (just res it - you can even start casting res as you see it's about to die, so it'll be dead by the time cast bar finishes and ressed even faster), and DPS and SP pool is what matters.

#8 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

Filir should have more flee than vani at equal level with Accel 1 up, and hence should do better w/regards to dodging attacks. The vani will of course take less damage, since vani has high vit, while filir has almost none.

But the thing is - for unattended leveling in OD2, your filir shouldn't be dying (if it is, there's likely an AI or AI config problem), nor should a vani. And in attended leveling, homun deaths don't matter (just res it - you can even start casting res as you see it's about to die, so it'll be dead by the time cast bar finishes and ressed even faster), and DPS and SP pool is what matters.

evolved filirs ASPD goes up from his unevolved ridiculously slow(for a supposed AGI class) aspd of 173 to 183, which is alot better (im not sure what vanils evolved aspd is though). Unfortunately his flee doesnt get much better and like you said, he has almost no vit. The problem is Renewals game mechanics making flee garbage. Filir deserves a dodge update to work as intended if they arnt going to give him any vit.

I 100% agree with you though that he is the fastest leveler, but only if you are willing to spam homunc resurrection over and over.

I think the odds of ever seeing our homuncs fixed to work right are pretty slim though (that poor unicorns interuptable aoe spell lol). I just made this thread as a warning to all the poor alchemists starting out and thinking of getting filir. They need to know what they are getting themselves into

#9 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

Homunculus flee does not get lessened when mobs and the rate of fleeing each monster is still calculated individually I believe. You can think of it working kind of like perfect dodge.

People still level their high leveled 120+ Homuculus S in Orc Dungeon 2, especially when AFKing. Don't think you should expect too much out of the Homunculus or expect it to do any fighting in place of you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users