What Class and Job will you be and why?[UPDATED] - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What Class and Job will you be and why?[UPDATED]

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#26 TecHunger

TecHunger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Since I like playing the assassin, I'll stick with it. I might also give the beast master a try since It looks interesting.

#27 Gangrelwolf

Gangrelwolf

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

So, if geared correctly, a warrior can step up as Main Tank, right ? Cause that's the role I would like to play and the warrior seems the best Tank that can also deal a decent amount of damage, or would it be better to go with Knight ?

#28 silverogre

silverogre

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Melee DPS:
Rogue
Assassin
Warrior (Full DPS Build)

Monks cant fulfill dps role??

#29 Shylla

Shylla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationSC,USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

So, if geared correctly, a warrior can step up as Main Tank, right ? Cause that's the role I would like to play and the warrior seems the best Tank that can also deal a decent amount of damage, or would it be better to go with Knight ?

It would be better if you play Knight as a tank.

Monks can DPS but they're better as a tank/off-tank.

Edited by Shylla, 12 April 2013 - 01:42 PM.

#30 ElCompadre

ElCompadre

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationVeracruz, México.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

Being a Priest and level up just to help everyone else, has been always my weakness.

#31 Remuss

Remuss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Well they can be DPS but they are mainly used for Off-Tank. I will add them onto the Melee DPS list.

#32 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

I'm going to play Rogue because I like the cheap classes.

#33 Kajing

Kajing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Remember to get a matching job for your main character in the Closed Beta. Already saw a lot of unaware swordsmen/artisan and likes before.

#34 Shylla

Shylla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationSC,USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

I'm just wondering if they will also nerf Sorcs DPS like they did in SEA RO2.. It would be good to know ahead of time so people can choose the right path for them and not waste their time going for a DPS Sorc when it won't be as effective as KRO2 DPS Sorcs.. then I'd go Full Support Sorc..
and I'd also like to know if they're gonna have the same ridiculous long CD on resu with priests that discouraged a lot of players to play as priest.. or will it be like KRO2's.

@topic: I'll surely be playing Mage.. just gotta choose if I want to be Sorc again or go Wiz this time.

#35 Kajing

Kajing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

I'm going to play Rogue because I like the cheap classes.

Sorry, but rogues are a little expensive in RO2, mostly because of Unstable Doping, a must have skill.
You can use lower level pots, I guess, but with the cool down and the less healling capacity, it'll take a while to get the atk up.
But I'll tell you, you'll be dealing a lot of damage, and fast.

Unstable Doping: "Using an attack skill will have 20% chance to obtain Attack Power or Critical Rate boost by 20%. When HP is recovered by using a potion, will obtain Adrenaline Rush effect coverting 10% of HP recovered by the potion into Attack Power. Adrenaline Rush effect maximum can stack up to 30% of both basic and equipment stats."

#36 silverogre

silverogre

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

I think this will be my dps-monk build, pve/pvp ^-^

http://www.ro2skills...107bsrFqDrBacrA

Actually, Guillotine Fist (GF) seems like a joke, but i hope GF get some buff-up in the future. Otherwise, i will change max GF for max Protection Ki.

#37 KDLizzy

KDLizzy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

What job do you guys think fit best with an archer/ranger?

#38 Remuss

Remuss

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

I have update my post of the Job Classes, Thank you Kajing for the reminder of putting Job Classes xD

#39 Tiaryn

Tiaryn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

Did anyone play the Priest on the SEA server and know if you can play him solo?

I'll try to play the Priest but most likely I play a thief or knight.

#40 Kajing

Kajing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

It's up to you, of course, but I would go as artisan, becsause of your defense gear - from shoes to helmet, atisan crafts all hunter's equipment.
You'll won't be able to make you own bows, but you'll get good ones in the early quests and by killing bosses. And you'll use one weapon. The defense gear would be more expensive, I guess.

#41 Gangrelwolf

Gangrelwolf

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

Did anyone play the Priest on the SEA server and know if you can play him solo?

I'll try to play the Priest but most likely I play a thief or knight.

You can make a full support Priest AND play solo, but it takes a looong time and a lot of items.

#42 KDLizzy

KDLizzy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

It's up to you, of course, but I would go as artisan, becsause of your defense gear - from shoes to helmet, atisan crafts all hunter's equipment.
You'll won't be able to make you own bows, but you'll get good ones in the early quests and by killing bosses. And you'll use one weapon. The defense gear would be more expensive, I guess.

Okay, cool, cause that's what i originally wanted anyways, thanks for this tip!

#43 Mysticvoid

Mysticvoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, Usa

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

I will most likely have 2 mains. First will be a full tank Swordsman ---> Knight. I always have a tank in every mmo I play so it just makes sense.
Second will be a Thief ---> Rogue. Only reason I am going Rogue over Assassin is because I don't like the shadow feral form. Can't wait for this to release.

#44 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Any, really. Every class is pretty self-sufficient, especially with food and potion drops, so I feel that professions are there more for long-term profit. I think only FS priests would have some difficulty choosing, since they're slower at killing monsters for basic materials, and two professions require you to harvest from fallen monsters.

Blacksmith makes heavy armor, weapons, and rune hole punchers. Basic materials come from mining rocks in the field.

Rune hole punchers drill holes in equipment sockets. I've only noticed rare armor drops from dungeons and epic armor having sockets, and sockets are unusable until they've been drilled once. That having been said, the armor and weapons you can craft are generally inferior to the ones you can find, until you can craft epic armor from recipes dropped at endgame.

Artisan makes cloth armor, leather armor, and runes which can be placed into the sockets mentioned above. Basic materials come from scavenging fallen monsters.

Again, the armor you can make is generally inferior to the ones you can find, until endgame recipes. If you want to change the runes in your equipment, just overwrite them by placing a new rune in the socket. However, if you want to keep a particular rune, then you'd probably have to use an extractor from the Kafra Shop. The Kafra Shop also has potions that give a random +1-5 stat bonus to runes, so there's a reason for wanting to keep some runes.

Alchemist makes potions (recovery, buff, and boost), and can refine oridecon and elunium. Basic materials come from gathering flowers in the field.

You can buy recovery potions from NPCs, but alchemists can make stronger ones. And later (at endgame?), they can make potions that can be used on other players. Buff potions boost a stat a little for a long time. Boost potions buff a stat by a lot for a very short time, and have a long cooldown. And while you can disassemble Lv.25-39, Lv.40-49, and Lv.50 equipment for various grades of oridecon and elunium, alchemists are the only ones who can refine lower grades to higher ones (which is nice because why would you want to upgrade low-level equipment?).

Chef makes food (recovery and buff). Basic materials come from scavenging fallen monsters.

Most classes use recovery food as they level, but monsters drop some weak food that's enough, for the most part. At higher levels, food buffs are very nice, especially if you can get endgame recipes.

I would say that Artisans are the easiest and cheapest to level (and have materials that take up the most inventory space) and chefs are the hardest because they're kind of expensive. But they can all pay off in the end.

#45 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

You can make a full support Priest AND play solo, but it takes a looong time and a lot of items.

I play FS priest, and I use NO items. All of my other characters use a lot of potions or food.
Especially sorc. Good lord, sorc eats a lot of food.

FS priest is very cheap when it comes to item consumption. They have the best healing capability, and they have a skill that gives back 15% of your SP on a 1-min cooldown; end result is that you should never run out of SP, and if you run out of HP you're in over your head.

The only downside is that FS priests do kill slower than other classes. I don't find it unbearable. But some do and make a party just to speed things up, while others decide to go hybrid and spend some points on DoT skills.

#46 LastExile613

LastExile613

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Will be playing
DPS Sorc
Sin or Rouge
and Priest

This time without screwing the skills (Used up all skill points before changing class. Thought it was the same as the first RO

#47 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

I will go Sin/Artisan the best complement for me since I'm passionate in doing both... Can't wait for ro2

#48 Prastuju

Prastuju

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

i will cr8 SORC full cast or i will go for BM blackbear

#49 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Sorc , so I can 1 shot nerds

#50 Moonlepsy

Moonlepsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Wizard - I like being all over the place while dealing elemental damage, it's fun.
Priest- Because someone has to heal you : 3.

Life/Trade Class
Artisan - Because fashion is like, totally not awesome!
Alchemist- Because a good witch always have potions in case of emergency : 3

Edited by Moonlepsy, 12 April 2013 - 05:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users