where to level 95 alchemist with bmx3? - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

where to level 95 alchemist with bmx3?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fellchild

Fellchild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:42 AM

^ i wanna punch 99 in a day, i don't have VIP, I believe i have 3 regular bms and 4 BM x3's though.

lately i have been cart revo'ing everything with a andre carded +7 cutlus +7 EMH and +7 HBP plus +7 shackles and BSB

my str is 90+
agi is 40
Vit is 51
dex is 50+ also

where would be a good place to level? besides the one gramps turn in per day...

#2 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

that is a SEVERE waste of bmx3s imo. Lvl 90-99 is not that bad pretrans and can be done without bms (strongly recommended not to use BMs because they are valuable and better used once you trans when exp is actually hard)

that said, the most use you could get out of them would be to run through the entire eden questboard of quests (dont turn them in), do some various other game quests with big rewards(also dont turn in till you pop the manual) (irowiki.org/wiki/Quests), and do a TI run, then pop the manual and turn all of it in at once and watch your exp bar fly then immediately get back into ti and finish the second quest (although with this weeks low ti, its impossible to finish in under a half hour). There is currently no good places to level 95-99 unfortunately due to many nerfs. Even with a lvl 100+ helping you, its still bad. The only place that you could be leeched at that would warrant decent exp is Nogg road.

Otherwise your only option is to wait for a holiday quest of some kind to be put in and milk that for exp (april fools day quest gave tons of exp)

#3 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

necroing..

One question: I've been experiencing difficulties to land the cart revo skill properly on some mobs, especially the one that attack from range/2~3cell apart from my char i.e. in the ti: hard to cart revo the BB and E. Peach Tree. I've also tried other mobs too i.e. Rafflesia, Dark Priest, Phendark (just a bit from what I remembered), while some of the mobs can be hit with the cart revo easily. My question is, is it because we get hitlock'd by them that prevented us from landing the cart revo properly onto them? or is it because I spammed it rapidly onto them? I tried slowing my spamming on the skill, but most of time, it doesn't help at all. Such a waste of whites due to having to outpot the dmg even when I'm wearing the proper shield /swt

It would be very good help if anyone could enlighten me on this.

Thanks

#4 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:45 AM

@Nero89

i think the reason why is because when the semi-ranged monster got knocked back by the initial cart revo as it was in attacking stance, some form of position bug happens; you cast cart revo again but your character will not move towards the target since it thinks you can actually cart revo it - but it does not initiate the skill, since the monster is actually 2~3 cells away; meanwhile the monster simply continues hitting you since they have 2~3 attack range, resulting in what would appear as annoying "hitlock"

analogous to when i position bug a champ for example: i make myself look like i am near another character, i cast a skill on that character (even a ranged one such as heal), but as long as my actual distance from the other character is farther than the skill's range, my champ would not move at all thinking that it doesn't need to since the target is "within range", even as i keep spamming the skill on the target, until i click/walk to a different cell which re-synchronizes my champs sprite with its actual position

you should probably manually walk near the "actual" position of the monster before you attempt to cast another cart revo on it (yeah sucks)

Edited by ka10, 23 April 2013 - 03:55 AM.

#5 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

Urgh..yeah that sucks..

Thanks btw.

#6 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

cart rev is garbage. you practically have to be hugging the mobs to hit them and anything not directly in front of you or too far away gets missed.

i found the fastest way (although insanely expensive) to level my alchemist was casting bombs and luring huge mobs into them and then just tanking the mobs while they die. leveling with 99 agi helps alot for speed leveling also. get max axe mastery and a good 2h axe. you have bloodied shackle set already for nice dps boost. just run the eden quests over and over (the roween map sometimes has ok mobs. also hillwinds if you can handle them). then when you get to 99 just use the free reset to go proper spec.

there arnt too many good maps for mob leveling though. i was doing it in the TIs when i was trying to get to 99, but that was only because the tis for that week were garbage.

Edited by killedbytofu, 24 April 2013 - 02:01 AM.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

Hm, cart revo shouldn't be castable if NOTHING is in range. Certainly if you're facing multiple monsters, some of which have a 2-3 cell range, you'll end up revoing the 1-cell range ones while the 2-3 cell ranged ones stand outside of range laughing at you - but you should be able to target the ones just outside of range, and that would make you walk into range of them.

The ideal case, of course, is to just have a wall to the monsters' west when you start revoing them so they never get pushed out of range.

#8 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

Well, the other work around I got is that to rotate the axis direction of the revo direction. Say like I alternating between left, right, up, down, so that I don't get stuck in the cell (that worked out fine most of time, just that I still having problems on those 2~3 cell meleers /swt).

Probably should rethink back of raising a homun then. I want to try raising one w/o homun, see how far I can go before needing my homun. Hah, so much for adventure. Thanks peeps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users