11 replies to this topic

#1 LadiThePKK

LadiThePKK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:12 PM

I used the search function to see if anyone mentioned this and found nothing. Anyway Upon configuring my 360 controller the left analog stick had the same conifguration buttons as the d-pad.

#2 xRockyx

xRockyx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:44 PM

I used the search function to see if anyone mentioned this and found nothing. Anyway Upon configuring my 360 controller the left analog stick had the same conifguration buttons as the d-pad.

Sup i got a 360 controller too, the game pad support in the game is overall poor. But!!! here's a remedy, there's a software called Xpadder which allows you to map any key or key combinations to any controller button either analog and digital(and it auto detects your controller), its really easy to use and you can create profiles(each supporting up to 8 different key mappings) so you can manage your layout for each game you plan to use it with. It doesn't need to be installed it just runs(just give it its own folder for profile and config save files). Just Google it and get the latest version(5.7 atm, about 22mb in size) it comes with Pictures for a ton of computer controllers used for the key mapping process(see pic below) and works with win 7 x32 x64 and all previous windows. I'm using it and loving it. It has presets for wasd, arrow keys, mouse moving movement(if u wanna play fps with your analog) and just pure awesomeness. the only thing you'll need to play around with is setting key combinations to one key can execute multiple keys at once(timing etc..this will also allow you to macro outside the game Pro Much..so for example you can bind QWER keys on one key and set the timing etc for each execution thus your macro is formed). That should solve any problems you have with the game pad Have fun peace out. Oh and thats how it looks and thats my setup Top analog for 1234 2nd analog for asdf etc. So i leave all my game keys to default and just place them how i like on my controller(GAME FEELS ALOT MORE FUN WITH CONTROLLER!!!) Posted Image

Edited by xRockyx, 18 October 2010 - 12:10 AM.

#3 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:18 AM

Sup i got a 360 controller too, the game pad support in the game is overall poor. But!!! here's a remedy, there's a software called Xpadder which allows you to map any key or key combinations to any controller button either analog and digital(and it auto detects your controller), its really easy to use and you can create profiles(each supporting up to 8 different key mappings) so you can manage your layout for each game you plan to use it with. It doesn't need to be installed it just runs(just give it its own folder for profile and config save files). Just Google it and get the latest version(5.7 atm, about 22mb in size) it comes with Pictures for a ton of computer controllers used for the key mapping process(see pic below) and works with win 7 x32 x64 and all previous windows. I'm using it and loving it. It has presets for wasd, arrow keys, mouse moving movement(if u wanna play fps with your analog) and just pure awesomeness. the only thing you'll need to play around with is setting key combinations to one key can execute multiple keys at once(timing etc..this will also allow you to macro outside the game Pro Much..so for example you can bind QWER keys on one key and set the timing etc for each execution thus your macro is formed). That should solve any problems you have with the game pad Have fun peace out. Oh and thats how it looks and thats my setup Top analog for 1234 2nd analog for asdf etc. So i leave all my game keys to default and just place them how i like on my controller(GAME FEELS ALOT MORE FUN WITH CONTROLLER!!!) Posted Image

+1
Thank you sir.

#4 MasterChief

MasterChief

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:50 AM

sorry to ask such a nab question i have xp 32bits on my computer i made it myself do i need anything else to conect a 360 controller? or with just the program works??? or do i need any blue tooth on my computer or something? or it just works like that? just that program on any pc and a controller and it will work?

#5 MasterChief

MasterChief

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:32 AM

or can i just buy a wired controller for pc and use that program to make it work with a controller? or maybe a ps3 controller with the usb connected to the pc i have done that in the past

#6 LadiThePKK

LadiThePKK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:21 AM

Yeah I have xpadder already and know about that as well as jotokey, but this is about technical issues for the game. I was hoping they would just fix this, since it was already an issue in thqice that was never resolved. It would be nice not to have to run 3rd party pograms, as xpadder or joytokey might not even work when warpportal gets a gamegaurd or whatever anti-hack software they put in the game. Xpadder didn't work in when the thqice version was up either by the way.

EDIT: @ master chief: just google 360 controller drivers and head to microsoft's website, from there just follow the steps.
EDIT2: the configuration doesn't recognize the trigger buttons as well (at least for 360 controllers).

Edited by LadiThePKK, 19 October 2010 - 05:50 PM.

#7 xRockyx

xRockyx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:27 PM

Yeah I have xpadder already and know about that as well as jotokey, but this is about technical issues for the game. I was hoping they would just fix this, since it was already an issue in thqice that was never resolved. It would be nice not to have to run 3rd party pograms, as xpadder or joytokey might not even work when warpportal gets a gamegaurd or whatever anti-hack software they put in the game. Xpadder didn't work in when the thqice version was up either by the way.

EDIT: @ master chief: just google 360 controller drivers and head to microsoft's website, from there just follow the steps.
EDIT2: the configuration doesn't recognize the trigger buttons as well (at least for 360 controllers).

oh hmm i see i never used a controller back then so didnt know that o.o wow.....thats sounds gay now xD hope xpadder doesnt conflict with their anti hack protection. That would make the game lame for those using controllers as their support sucks!!!! i cant stress that enough. That was the first thing i was gonna report. FAIL!!!

#8 Azriel2k3

Azriel2k3

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:17 AM

oh hmm i see i never used a controller back then so didnt know that o.o wow.....thats sounds gay now xD hope xpadder doesnt conflict with their anti hack protection. That would make the game lame for those using controllers as their support sucks!!!! i cant stress that enough. That was the first thing i was gonna report. FAIL!!!

If this game version is anything like THQ's or Iah's version then Xpadder and Joy2Key won't work with the game regardless of what you try and do to make it work (such as making it an admin on vista). It's funny though because in the CBT testing phases of Iah's version Xpadder worked fine but somewhere along the lines (probably when the built in joypad config was added) they stopped working. The ingame config isn't even worth your time as it's horribly coded and gives you far less keys than you will use/need. Hopefully one of the people in charge will see this and find some way for Xpadder to continue to work as playing this game with anything but a controller is hard on the hands.

#9 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:44 AM

If this game version is anything like THQ's or Iah's version then Xpadder and Joy2Key won't work with the game regardless of what you try and do to make it work (such as making it an admin on vista). It's funny though because in the CBT testing phases of Iah's version Xpadder worked fine but somewhere along the lines (probably when the built in joypad config was added) they stopped working. The ingame config isn't even worth your time as it's horribly coded and gives you far less keys than you will use/need. Hopefully one of the people in charge will see this and find some way for Xpadder to continue to work as playing this game with anything but a controller is hard on the hands.

Actually, I used j2key with THQ*ICE's version, and so did many others.

Edited by Yurai, 25 October 2010 - 11:45 AM.

#10 LadiThePKK

LadiThePKK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:27 AM

Actually, I used j2key with THQ*ICE's version, and so did many others.

I did as well, but the thing is we don't know what kind of antihack system they'll use in the full launch. I have a feeling this time neither of them will work.

Edited by LadiThePKK, 27 October 2010 - 03:54 AM.

#11 Mvffin

Mvffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:00 AM

I used Xpadder with THQ version. If neither Xpad or JTK works, I will probably not play this version anymore.

#12 Azriel2k3

Azriel2k3

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:34 PM

Has anyone checked to see if either xpadder or Joy2Key are blocked now that the game has "officially" been released? I would hate to waste my bandwidth just to find out neither program works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users