New headgears Discussion (not out yet) - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New headgears Discussion (not out yet)

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#26 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

Wood Goblin's Nose should have been lower headgear slot to even be worthwhile. There are so many better mid gears that it isn't worth the cost and slot. Does anyone know the chance for it to drop Prickly Fruit? I made a request for this kind of gear like a year and a half ago or whenever 3rd classes came out originally. Btw, does the nose have a slot on it?

Edited by LordVader, 17 April 2013 - 06:13 AM.

#27 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

It's also keeping legitimate players from having it too. I was expecting like 300 KP to be honest. No way I'm paying 1500 KP for what I'd consider a decorative headgear.

that seems to be the general theme of this game lately

'oh well itll help the botters so we cant do that'

EVERYTHING helps the botters. THEYRE ROBOTS. they can perform the exact same tasks as a real player but for much longer since they dont require mental stamina to put up with bad mechanics. this game is catering far too much to trying to hinder bots, and only hindering the actual players while the bots are only slightly deterred. their approach is all wrong and its the reason that this game suffers from bots worse then any other game.

The appropriate response to bots destroying your game is to flood the players with good items, money, exp. If things are easier to attain, then players wont need bots because they can get it themselves easily. The harder they make things to get, the more likely players are to get fed up and start using bots to get the item instead.

some people may criticize this as helping the lazy, but its really just helping the...HUMAN. we are not bots and we are not meant to spend 12 hours a day killing the same thing. this game requires waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much work to be put in just to accomplish the most simplest of things and get the most basic of items. Rares should be a thing only obtainable from long questlines and boss kills and the means to kill those bosses should be much easier to obtain (since it still requires actual strategy to kill the bosses). Zeny should be obtained through questlines and selling item drops to npcs so that a saturated item market wont even matter other then to people looking for uberrares. Card drop rates should be increased to 10-20% (maybe not on bosses though lol) so that people can make the most of their classes earlier on and try out different combinations of equipment till they find a suiting fit, instead of sinking their hard earned money into something only to find out it sucks with no means of making that money back.

and for gods sake we need an active auctionhouse to create competitive pricing

auctionhouse to create competitive pricing

Edited by killedbytofu, 17 April 2013 - 06:06 AM.

#28 tatihana00

tatihana00

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 734 posts
  • LocationSan Fernando Valley ( LIKE OMGOD!)

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

i actually preferred the original way it was stated. i know that suras would have been happy not to spam quite so many expensive pots. *sigh* would have been a nice compliment to the rideword. :p_sad:

#29 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

The price point on the hats is absolutely ridiculous

it should be no more than 500KP each, or a box of all 3 for 1200KP..
Obviously too much dependence of a few big spenders.

#30 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

That price LOL joke of the day!

#31 NukeDuke

NukeDuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

that seems to be the general theme of this game lately

'oh well itll help the botters so we cant do that'

EVERYTHING helps the botters. THEYRE ROBOTS. they can perform the exact same tasks as a real player but for much longer since they dont require mental stamina to put up with bad mechanics. this game is catering far too much to trying to hinder bots, and only hindering the actual players while the bots are only slightly deterred. their approach is all wrong and its the reason that this game suffers from bots worse then any other game.

The appropriate response to bots destroying your game is to flood the players with good items, money, exp. If things are easier to attain, then players wont need bots because they can get it themselves easily. The harder they make things to get, the more likely players are to get fed up and start using bots to get the item instead.

some people may criticize this as helping the lazy, but its really just helping the...HUMAN. we are not bots and we are not meant to spend 12 hours a day killing the same thing. this game requires waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much work to be put in just to accomplish the most simplest of things and get the most basic of items. Rares should be a thing only obtainable from long questlines and boss kills and the means to kill those bosses should be much easier to obtain (since it still requires actual strategy to kill the bosses). Zeny should be obtained through questlines and selling item drops to npcs so that a saturated item market wont even matter other then to people looking for uberrares. Card drop rates should be increased to 10-20% (maybe not on bosses though lol) so that people can make the most of their classes earlier on and try out different combinations of equipment till they find a suiting fit, instead of sinking their hard earned money into something only to find out it sucks with no means of making that money back.

and for gods sake we need an active auctionhouse to create competitive pricing

auctionhouse to create competitive pricing

Won't likely ever to happend. But, yeah hunting for a specific card and a garbage one drop out of no where is the game's way of mocking you.

You want more drop chances? buy some gum. This is their tactic all along. EVEN then the drop chances are abysmal low.

The auction house thing is good, the market is screwd in all ways right now with everyday Eden chats and no deals ever being made. Eden would lagless, it wouldn't be so crowded as of now, and new players can actually use it.

It is a win win situation,but they don't even care.

#32 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

jRO headgears are sold in a box set of five for 100 dollars+. We will have a random box of these headgears for something around 700-800kp in the future, but if people just want the headgear they will be able to just pick it up without having to worry about getting something they don't want. We have a big conversion bonus when converting KP from WPE as well.

#33 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

When I first saw the Goblin Nose I thought that would be really good for bots to farm materials and then I saw that it was 1500 KP and said oh they won't bother.

#34 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

1500kp = 1200ish WPE = ~200m.

This is 50% better than Rideword hat. And RWH is between 50-100m at +0 depending when the last event was. 200m seems an appropriate price point for it on that basis.

The wood goblin nose though, the price there is loony. 200m...
Maneater Blossom is 2k, root 1k, prickly 5k. Let's simplify it to 1 item worth 8k.
So we'd need 25,000 drops (25k of each) from it JUST TO BREAK EVEN. With rates for items like this typically at a few % (let's call it 5% to make math easier) - we'd be looking at half a million kills to break even - oh and that's assuming they're all plant type.

The price of that is just insane. You can justify say 300kp/40m for vanity, but this is priced like a powerful functional item, yet it's essentially vanity gear, because it's abilities are purely for financial gain, yet it will never reach breakeven.

#35 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

jRO

Should we start listing other comparisons between iRO and jRO? :)

#36 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

your not putting vanargand on classic right

#37 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

No, these are renewal only.

#38 BlizzyBoss

BlizzyBoss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Was it mentioned that April Groove would come back? I didn't see it, just wondering and completely off topic

:heh:

#39 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

jRO headgears are sold in a box set of five for 100 dollars+. We will have a random box of these headgears for something around 700-800kp in the future, but if people just want the headgear they will be able to just pick it up without having to worry about getting something they don't want. We have a big conversion bonus when converting KP from WPE as well.

You can't compare price points with jRO.
jROs target demographic has a lot more disposable income because they don't gotta pay out the ass for things like schooling , books, healthcare and transportation. Wages in Japan are also significantly higher than in the US for even mundane student jobs.
iROs demographic is broke-ass so the price point needs to be more competitive with other forms of entertainment because there is less cash to go around.

As a business woman this pricing blows my mind unless the intention never was to maximize profit...

#40 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

"This item is account bound, but one month after it is no longer for sale it will be made tradable and vendable." screen shot or it never happened. aka who said what? i would like for it to be account bound so as not to effect the current market but i kinda like that idea as well, and +1 for lower price but we all know there is no way that is gonna happen. but real talk if it is gonna be tradable in a month i would buy 3 for 500 points ea but i would not buy 1 for 1500 points and im sure many people feel that way. Also! "Should we start listing other comparisons between iRO and jRO? :)" LOL that right there is funny stuff. but the other person was right 100 yen is 1$ usd unless you mean 9785 yen(100 usd) and the same as a 10$ bill

#41 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Shouldn't have any gear be account-bound, it's not fair to players who don't necessarily have real life cash to spend, and don't want to risk getting scammed by having to buy WPE codes.

Of course, I'm talking about perma account-bound.

Edited by Alaska, 17 April 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#42 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

Shouldn't have any gear be account bound, it's not fair to players who don't necessarily have real life cash to spend, and don't want to risk getting scammed by having to buy WPE codes.

i agree but i dont like players that cant afford new items all the time kafra shop or not have there items resale be rendered garbage when they worked very hard for it.

but really i think there should be no kafra shop at all or at the very least a purely ingame method of getting all the same items

editV

and no i dont mean spending a tun of zeny on items for brownies for boxes for a slim chance at the item

Edited by TheFury, 17 April 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#43 bored

bored

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

so i thought the helm was a damage received to gain, rather than damage dealt. like a reverse rwh.

#44 BlizzyBoss

BlizzyBoss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

So how long until I see the inflation of these items in the market?

#45 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

we should know by next maint and know its just a buffed rideword see they sold that in the box made a ton of dough and now have to destroy its market and sell us the same thing over again

#46 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

"This item is account bound, but one month after it is no longer for sale it will be made tradable and vendable." screen shot or it never happened. aka who said what? i would like for it to be account bound so as not to effect the current market but i kinda like that idea as well, and +1 for lower price but we all know there is no way that is gonna happen. but real talk if it is gonna be tradable in a month i would buy 3 for 500 points ea but i would not buy 1 for 1500 points and im sure many people feel that way. Also! "Should we start listing other comparisons between iRO and jRO? :)" LOL that right there is funny stuff. but the other person was right 100 yen is 1$ usd unless you mean 9785 yen(100 usd) and the same as a 10$ bill

Posted Image
http://www.playragna...aspx?id=258&p=1

#47 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

Should we start listing other comparisons between iRO and jRO? :)

lol the min wage in japan is like 10x higher then the us

You can't compare price points with jRO.
jROs target demographic has a lot more disposable income because they don't gotta pay out the ass for things like schooling , books, healthcare and transportation. Wages in Japan are also significantly higher than in the US for even mundane student jobs.
iROs demographic is broke-ass so the price point needs to be more competitive with other forms of entertainment because there is less cash to go around.

As a business woman this pricing blows my mind unless the intention never was to maximize profit...

the majority of people that play this game in the US and other countries, are people that cant afford gaming machines or have laggy internet because theyre poor. people with money are playing intense top of the line cutting edge 3d rpgs on high speed internet and not putting up with a company that doesnt care about running its game like a professional business or about the needs and wants of its very small community of players =p

#48 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Oda: "Boss! Boss! The players are saying these prices are way too high!"

Boss: "Then why are they buying them?"

#49 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

lol the min wage in japan is like 10x higher then the us

False. Roughly 1.5x
http://en.wikipedia...._wage_law#Japan

Edited by Yggdrasil13, 17 April 2013 - 08:03 PM.

#50 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

False. Roughly 1.5x
http://en.wikipedia...._wage_law#Japan

hy·per·bo·le
[hahy-pur-buh-lee] Show IPA

noun Rhetoric .
obvious and intentional exaggeration.

Edited by Scuba, 17 April 2013 - 08:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users