94 + 6 str
1 + 3 agi
100 + 7 vit
77 + 5 int
100 + 3 dex
70 + 5 luk (multiple 3)
-----------------------------
0 leftover
the int isn't too low (SD damage and max-SP for leveling)? (only w/: moonlight/ck, variants, nyd, ares woe plate/unfro, carat-ceb/turkey, moh/g-ring/d-ring)
if so, i could take a few points off from dex-vit to bump int to 80-90 base
would agi(aspd) help with any skill animation delay? (maybe for the slide skills, like snap with monk)
or an ideal balance of agi-luk for masq resistance? (i could reduce luk for agi; maybe even them out)

http://irowiki.org/~...hqkbepeddQjNcH1

-> for SD and semi-support in WoE
-> just want to make sure this build is up to date with the patches/etc

thanks

Edited by ka10, 21 April 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#2 Trevoir

Trevoir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

As far as I'm aware, the STR being in multiples of 10 doesn't give the bonus anymore, but I can't really give any other input because I don't know mechs well enough.

#3 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

yeah forgot about that
anyways, after more searching i figured the stats would go around base 9X for str/vit/dex/int (min 100 total vit), 40-50agi, 21-30luk
(so is this 40-50 agi just for masq resist?, any other merit (aspd/animation delay-wise)? otherwise i would just leave it at 1 and bump up luk and the other main stats)

Edited by ka10, 22 April 2013 - 12:02 AM.

#4 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

your build is perfect mate

#5 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

i see; also thought i'd just increase int to base 90ish for woe (more support skill spam besides higher SD damage)

i just have one particular aspect that i am not 100% sure of (i tend to dislike being uncertain), and that is the skill distribution for mastersmith skills
here is the best compromise i have so far:
http://irowiki.org/~...hqkbepeddQjNcH1
even though MS skills except for greed are disabled while in the madou, i just thought after blowing up the suit i thought i could at least try to do a little distraction instead of BWinging right away (then again i have no experience woeing on madou mech yet)
so maybe HCSR or melee with shattering strike on to try to break gear (uncertain about the break gear part due to FCP; also doubt HSCR could actually kill in WoE now anyways)
i felt like HCSR and shattering are 0-or-max skills so i have them both at 10, thus i just lowered power maximize to 3 (maxing this is just overkill right? (only affects sp drain); and does this skill even work in conjunction with skills?)
for the merchant skills, i just really wanted to max both OC/DC (greed loots; cheaper mech supplies); vending 1 is fine for me, i'd rather vend on an alt merchant

*originally wanted to get ore discovery, but realized the drop rates are not that great anyways, and i would have to reduce shattering strike to 7 (or lose power maximize)

so is this compromise skill build reasonable?
thanks in advance!

Edited by ka10, 22 April 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#6 BlkWidowAlchemis

BlkWidowAlchemis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:32 AM

Repair is a god send since most priests cant actually heal you in a mado.

I also thought the same thing when I started testing mech, that a hybrid axe/mado mech would be nice, but I found its kinda of hard. Due to your low aspd HScr to me was a bit on the slow side. I also found myself falling into either playing as a battlesmith or mado style. I am no expert but what I have found from playing around on sakray and trying out builds.

Also from my understanding in WoE mechs are a type of support killer. with neutral barrier/stealth field etc helping your pre cast and dealing some decent damage. Any real assualting would be to break enemy lines and try to stop a recall or as a last ditch effort to save a castle from invasion.

Your MS build looks fairly decent, i would say get rid of vending and item appraise and put those into maximize power, you will not really need them. As long as you ahve another char to vend and mag glasses are cheap and weigh nearly nothing. Here is my build <http://irowiki.org/~...qkbepededbncH1> If you have any questions on what skills and why let me know ;o

I have found you mainly will end up just using mado skills and forgetting about your MS and BS skills almost all together or thats what happend to me. WHile playing and testing on sakray my skill bar is basically filled wiht nothing but items/skills from mado. i have greed and hscr set on my skill bar rest is healing items/select gears that must be equipped for skills to work. (in case you did not know, not all of the accessories are required to be worn to use them, as long as they are in the invetory.)

Stat wise your stats seem decent. Agi is kind of pointless in mech, unless you are going for a battel smith play style, the agi would would have no other benefit besides HSCR to make it bareable to spam. On all my small scale WoEs i have played in WoE 1 i have maybe ran into 2-3 SC at max. I am planning on an even 100 build int/vit/dex/str for leveling,WoE, and mvp. until I can find a nice build that suits me.

Other wise your build is pretty much on par for a standard WoE mado ;d

<I am sure you are aware of the mado bugs for parties etc...>

#7 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

Repair is a god send since most priests cant actually heal you in a mado.

I also thought the same thing when I started testing mech, that a hybrid axe/mado mech would be nice, but I found its kinda of hard. Due to your low aspd HScr to me was a bit on the slow side. I also found myself falling into either playing as a battlesmith or mado style. I am no expert but what I have found from playing around on sakray and trying out builds.

Also from my understanding in WoE mechs are a type of support killer. with neutral barrier/stealth field etc helping your pre cast and dealing some decent damage. Any real assualting would be to break enemy lines and try to stop a recall or as a last ditch effort to save a castle from invasion.

Your MS build looks fairly decent, i would say get rid of vending and item appraise and put those into maximize power, you will not really need them. As long as you ahve another char to vend and mag glasses are cheap and weigh nearly nothing. Here is my build <http://irowiki.org/~...qkbepededbncH1> If you have any questions on what skills and why let me know ;o

I have found you mainly will end up just using mado skills and forgetting about your MS and BS skills almost all together or thats what happend to me. WHile playing and testing on sakray my skill bar is basically filled wiht nothing but items/skills from mado. i have greed and hscr set on my skill bar rest is healing items/select gears that must be equipped for skills to work. (in case you did not know, not all of the accessories are required to be worn to use them, as long as they are in the invetory.)

Stat wise your stats seem decent. Agi is kind of pointless in mech, unless you are going for a battel smith play style, the agi would would have no other benefit besides HSCR to make it bareable to spam. On all my small scale WoEs i have played in WoE 1 i have maybe ran into 2-3 SC at max. I am planning on an even 100 build int/vit/dex/str for leveling,WoE, and mvp. until I can find a nice build that suits me.

Other wise your build is pretty much on par for a standard WoE mado ;d

<I am sure you are aware of the mado bugs for parties etc...>

yea pretty much what he said. people that havnt played mado yet always think they can go hybrid axe/mado but it just never works out that way. youre going to be a gimped melee build if you try to do that, or your mado will suffer because you used the points on AGI. i personally use my mado mostly for ET, and when i get knocked out of suit, its easier just to run back and get a new suit, then to try to bop something to death with my garbage aspd. plus the lack of AOE makes it a pain in the ass to try to be out of suit.

the one thing i disagree on though is that having item identify is a great spell to have. ESPECIALLY in ET (i believe you CAN use it while in mado, but dont quote me on that cuz its been awhile since ive been on my mech). i dont want to waste my cap carrying magnifyers when i need it for cannonballs and other stuff. its nice just to pop a quick spell real quick. its not like theres anything else to put the points into anyways. i always go job 50 on my merchants, and there are only a few skills i use on mastersmith. so i have pretty much everything maxed out anyways

Edited by killedbytofu, 03 June 2013 - 12:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users