Is the kitting system going to be worked on? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Is the kitting system going to be worked on?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Thaiku

Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

Just the worst kitting system i've seen in a game:

(yeah, acrobatics bug is ridiculous too)

Is this going to stay as now or will the developers do something about?

In all mmorpgs, whe you hit the target, the distance counter resets and the monster keeps attacking you. In this game... just see the video.

PD: Look it at 1080p and see my portrait, that supposed to be a guy. ¬¬

Edited by Thaiku, 22 April 2013 - 02:57 AM.

#2 Dawnforge

Dawnforge

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:44 AM

dont forget about mobs moving when there frozen, mobs attacking you via melee when they are nowhere near you,, and my personal fave - super high respawn rates in some areas, so much so that you cant even finish a kill on a 2nt mob before the last one respawns

#3 Yuumei

Yuumei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:12 AM

dont forget about mobs moving when there frozen, mobs attacking you via melee when they are nowhere near you,, and my personal fave - super high respawn rates in some areas, so much so that you cant even finish a kill on a 2nt mob before the last one respawns

The first seriously needs to be fixed. The second can be (somewhat) managed through baiting mobs with ranged attacks to pull them out from other mobs, though kiting them would be significantly difficult without them resetting.

#4 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

I thought this said "knitting", and I was very confused... :p_swt:

Anyway, yeah, the kiting needs to be worked on, as well as the representation of distance. I do also agree that the spawn rates need to be fixed, because as it is now, you can blaze through all these quests by just... standing there and waiting for that like 20 second (or instant) respawn. It'd be nice to make people calm down a little and take their time on things.

Here's hoping they at least bring this up with the developers, though I don't know how likely it is that it will be fixed.

#5 Thaiku

Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

i don't know how a company with years of experience on MMORPG can make sooo bad implementation of enemies.

#6 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

This is pretty typical Gravity.

RO1 has some issues with distance as well, as well as damage lag.

#7 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

I don't think the developers of RO2 have EVER played RO1 in their entire life.

#8 TsuruXelus

TsuruXelus

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

Ive played plenty of games where they mobs will reset after dragged a certain distance, its may be a choice they decided to do this.

#9 Thaiku

Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

I thought this said "knitting", and I was very confused... :p_swt:

Anyway, yeah, the kiting needs to be worked on, as well as the representation of distance. I do also agree that the spawn rates need to be fixed, because as it is now, you can blaze through all these quests by just... standing there and waiting for that like 20 second (or instant) respawn. It'd be nice to make people calm down a little and take their time on things.

Here's hoping they at least bring this up with the developers, though I don't know how likely it is that it will be fixed.

Thats the point, i'm wondering if our game bugs reports are going to arrive to the developers.
I feel like WarpPortal only is taking count of server type problems, and only updating that they receive from Korea, so maybe the korean players are the only ones being listened about bugs and sugerences.
I hope i'm wrong, really.

#10 Beutelgnom

Beutelgnom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

More importan: please making the char to autoface the monster while tabbing... Hell of annoying when you tab to another monster and cant attack because the monster needs to be infront. Especially it sucks with a gap closer. As a monk I use spirit sphere first then my gap closer. During the gap closer the monster runs to my old position so I am landing behind the monster and need to turn around... Just make it automatically pls...

Edited by Beutelgnom, 22 April 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#11 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

The first seriously needs to be fixed. The second can be (somewhat) managed through baiting mobs with ranged attacks to pull them out from other mobs, though kiting them would be significantly difficult without them resetting.

The resetting really pisses me off. Kiting is pointless if you are just going to reset the mob(I had loads of fun killing Blue Meteor twice at lvl 13) >_<

#12 KainHyrial

KainHyrial

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

I noticed when you come across to having to defeat Rock Devourer, and it's like 2-3 surrounding attack on site spider friends, if you attack it from a distance then pull him out a ways then flip to get him completely away from his buddies, well reset. I tried this in various angles and distances and got a reset almost every time. So I just ended up fighting all three at once lol.

#13 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

and my personal fave - super high respawn rates in some areas, so much so that you cant even finish a kill on a 2nt mob before the last one respawns

This was really annoying as a Chef too, since I'd be trying to loot and then gather the corpse, but have the monsters respawn on me before I can even finish the looting. :p_swt:

#14 SwiftEdge

SwiftEdge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

This is called leashing, WoW did the same thing, mobs are tied to their spawn location and can't be taken too far away. Certain mobs in WoW didn't have the leash applied and lead to some fun things like kiting a Devilsaur to major cities, but were eventually fixed.

#15 Thaiku

Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

This is called leashing, WoW did the same thing, mobs are tied to their spawn location and can't be taken too far away. Certain mobs in WoW didn't have the leash applied and lead to some fun things like kiting a Devilsaur to major cities, but were eventually fixed.

In WoW, if you hit the mob, continues attacking you where you go, or at least the tied distance was much bigger. Also, the ranged classes in WoW have pets, or spells/skills that really let you kill mobs without loose half HP bar.

#16 Tanoshii2k1

Tanoshii2k1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

I would assume its to stop people from rounding up all of an area's mobs and then aoeing them down. There really is no other reason for them to have such a small hard leash radius.

#17 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

I would assume its to stop people from rounding up all of an area's mobs and then aoeing them down. There really is no other reason for them to have such a small hard leash radius.

Okay, so a crazy high spawn rate....with monsters that reset if taken out of a small area...where they spawn in groups of 1-5.(what we have) So AoEs don't really do all that much for PvE outside of dungeons. (As far as I can tell)

I want to see massive aoes damage 10+ monsters. I want dragging of monsters by a tank to be a thing.

Maybe I should just play RO classic XD.

Edited by Theoretical, 22 April 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#18 Eminence

Eminence

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

In WoW, if you hit the mob, continues attacking you where you go, or at least the tied distance was much bigger. Also, the ranged classes in WoW have pets, or spells/skills that really let you kill mobs without loose half HP bar.

It will only continue to follow you inside instances, not outside in the fields.

#19 flysteps

flysteps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

Was it really that difficult for you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users