Wizard Overview Guide [PvE focused] - Page 3 - Magician - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Wizard Overview Guide [PvE focused]

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#51 Fuumaki

Fuumaki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Are you wearing all the crafted pieces with haste as well?

I wonder what the breakpoint is when haste > 10% MATK.

#52 SorcerousPhantom

SorcerousPhantom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Are you wearing all the crafted pieces with haste as well?

I wonder what the breakpoint is when haste > 10% MATK.

Don't forget that with Fire Emblem at Level 1, it's also somewhat useless to use Seal Explosion's 20% power boost. Allegedly, however, this build sounds very, very appealing.

#53 Fuumaki

Fuumaki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Don't forget that with Fire Emblem at Level 1, it's also somewhat useless to use Seal Explosion's 20% power boost. Allegedly, however, this build sounds very, very appealing.

Seal Explosion's 20% boost is nice, but you can only use it about twice per fight (assuming you can time it nicely each time when your Pyromaniac has about 20 seconds left). Would the constant 20% haste throughout the whole fight be able to outdo that?

I'm not really good at the math part, so I'll leave that to you guys. At 2000 MATK, Fire Emblem gives 200 MATK+DoT damage. Somehow, the haste still seems a little more enticing. But until there is some math done, I will be sitting here with my Fire Emblem.

#54 Xafir

Xafir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Well I did some calculations and to my surprise wind arms comes out on top by a rather large margin (note all of these calculations are based on max firebolt and fireball and only on the assumed values provided in the test):

Assuming 25% crit rate and 2000 base MATK. This is exactly 4min of firebolt casts + time for fireball casts.

without wind arms:

2200 MATK with fire arms

240 firebolts

48 fireball mastery procs

12 fireball crits

72 fire arms procs

60 crit firebolt hits

194040 non crit firebolt dmg

129360 crit firebolt dmg

44352 non crit fireball dmg

29568 crit fireball dmg

22176 fireball dot dmg

31046 fire arms dmg (assuming no crits here because I am lazy)

450542 total dmg

with wind arms:

300 firebolts

60 fireball mastery procs

15 crit fireballs

75 crit firebolt hits

220500 non crit firebolt dmg

147000 crit firbolt dmg

50400 non crit fireball dmg

33600 crit fireball dmg

25200 fireball dot dmg

476700 total dmg

with wind arms and 20% haste from equip:

400 firebolts cast (as you can see the more haste you stack the more firebolts you cast)

So as you can see it looks like wind arms may actually be better than fire arms even for a wizard. This is true at least in a 0 haste scenario more calculations would need to be done with higher base haste values and possibly even higher MATK values. On that note should I re-roll my 34 wizard or try to get enough money for a skill reset to put points into wind arms? >.<

Edited by Xafir, 03 June 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#55 SorcerousPhantom

SorcerousPhantom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

Well I did some calculations and to my surprise wind arms comes out on top by a rather large margin (note all of these calculations are based on max firebolt and fireball and only on the assumed values provided in the test):

So as you can see it looks like wind arms may actually be better than fire arms even for a wizard. This is true at least in a 0 haste scenario more calculations would need to be done with higher base haste values and possibly even higher MATK values. On that note should I re-roll my 34 wizard or try to get enough money for a skill reset to put points into wind arms? >.<

One thing concerns me, however; What about Meteor Storm?
Would being able to use it faster make up for lower power the same way it would with Fire Bolt?
I HAVE seen how much of a hindrance can Meteor Storm's long cast time be, but part of why people use it is because of the damage you get off it.

#56 Xafir

Xafir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Meteor storm has the same cast time as Fire Bolt and as such would see the exact same benefit from haste.

#57 SorcerousPhantom

SorcerousPhantom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

Meteor storm has the same cast time as Fire Bolt and as such would see the exact same benefit from haste.

Meteor Storm doesn't draw the advantage of a Fire Ball equivalent, however.
I might just save for a Skill Reset Scroll the way things stand...

Edited by SorcerousPhantom, 03 June 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#58 Xafir

Xafir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

It does not but if you look at the dmg numbers, the raw dmg increase just from the amount of Fire Bolts cast is higher in the haste scenario by a large margin.

#59 Xafir

Xafir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

Made a new thread to discuss Wind Arms vs Fire Arms since it is off topic for the purpose of this guide.

#60 nogebator

nogebator

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

i didnt heard some trick of any wizards and guides. thats very usefull for pve lvling. 1st skills u get on wizard need is water arms 1 lvl and blast arms. forget about mana potions, and it save u tons of hp potions. i learned water arms on 40 lvl that was my big mistake, 15 lvls of eating potions

#61 ivairfranklyn

ivairfranklyn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Thanks man! You Rock!

#62 xLightz

xLightz

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

Hey folks, sorry for digging out this thread again.

I like your guide and I would love to start a Wizard, it would be my second char (first being a 25 Priest).

In my rather short playtime I already heard some rumors that Wiz isn't actually a very good DPS and I wonder what you guys say?

Is it still worth it or am I just going to be ignored and no one wants me in a party if they can choose between me and a Ranger?

My 3rd question is about the stats - in which order do I take them? I guess Int first, but what's next? I would go with the first build (40,40,8), is there anything I should consider changing?

Sorry for all those question and I hope someone can answer all or most of them!

~Light

#63 stegosaurus

stegosaurus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channel 8

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Hey folks, sorry for digging out this thread again.

I like your guide and I would love to start a Wizard, it would be my second char (first being a 25 Priest).

In my rather short playtime I already heard some rumors that Wiz isn't actually a very good DPS and I wonder what you guys say?

Is it still worth it or am I just going to be ignored and no one wants me in a party if they can choose between me and a Ranger?

My 3rd question is about the stats - in which order do I take them? I guess Int first, but what's next? I would go with the first build (40,40,8), is there anything I should consider changing?

Sorry for all those question and I hope someone can answer all or most of them!

~Light

I never had much of a problem getting a party for dungeons or anything while I was leveling up my Wizard. I can't see you having more trouble than any other DPS class in that department. :3 Wizard doesn't have the same burst damage as something like Sorceror, but between Dragonology (+10% Int Buff) and your DoTs and AoEs, you've got plenty to offer. As far as raids go, I've always just done raids with my guild members, so I can't really say much on how hard it is to get into a group for those.

I went with the 40/40/8 build, and it works just fine. Most of your stats will come from your equipment anyway, so in the end stat builds just add that little extra to those stats that you need. I started by getting Int to 40, then working on Agi and then filling in the Vit at the very end.

Edited by stegosaurus, 19 October 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#64 xLightz

xLightz

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

I never had much of a problem getting a party for dungeons or anything while I was leveling up my Wizard. I can't see you having more trouble than any other DPS class in that department. :3 Wizard doesn't have the same burst damage as something like Sorceror, but between Dragonology (+10% Int Buff) and your DoTs and AoEs, you've got plenty to offer. As far as raids go, I've always just done raids with my guild members, so I can't really say much on how hard it is to get into a group for those.

I went with the 40/40/8 build, and it works just fine. Most of your stats will come from your equipment anyway, so in the end stat builds just add that little extra to those stats that you need. I started by getting Int to 40, then working on Agi and then filling in the Vit at the very end.

Thanks a lot, you really gave me the last bit of the missing confidence to lvl my Wiz again (which I stopped at 13 and started a Priest - which I stopped playing at 25 again because I really dont like how heal works in this game) :p_smile:

#65 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

The sad truth is, in a raid of more or less equally geared people who know how to play their class, don't expect to compete with anyone else but sorcs, who can also resurrect and heal.

Yes, you are useful for buffing INT.

You are also a bit useful for helping with clearing adds, but other classes and pets can do it too.

I personally don't understand why it has to be like that, but most players don't seem to care as long as they can get a raid spot thanks to the INT buff (rangers also provide a buff, but still do very good damage)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users