Wizard Overview Guide [PvE focused] - Page 2 - Magician - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Wizard Overview Guide [PvE focused]

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#26 1508106782

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Playing:Metal Assault

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:44 AM

I can believe it now.

#27 SorcerousPhantom

SorcerousPhantom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

It's easy to overlook it, but the massive DoT caused by Firestarter/Fireflower coupled with whatever lucky hits you can get off Seal of Fire and Fire Ball almost makes up for how slow the cast speed can get. It really is a shame wizards lack so much versatillity, but I feel they aren't as bad as most people claim them to be at times.

Edited by SorcerousPhantom, 11 May 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#28 LordOmega87

LordOmega87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

i can talk alot as i'm a wiz and i know how to build it to hybrid best pvp/pve BTW, 26 agi, 50 vit is necessary till after Culver of Abyss, ITEMS WILL GIVE U ALL INT NECESSARY. This because u need ALL HP possible to stay UP. i'm 50 wiz right now with 5557 HP goblin rod all rest green resignation. 5Scratch not normal + and it's ok.

i have he VIP too.

Potions: lvl 50 DEX buff, lvl 50 INT boost, Master Blue & Red.

DON'T WAIT THE HELL OF PRIESTS HEAL :D use POTZ!!!!!

to enter Bapho: 5K hp Normal, 5.5K hp HARD, COA N: 6K coa H 6.5 K.

Master lvl 50 red potz is a MUST on raids, and is useless to put more than 1 point to fireball maestry and to inferno. all other skills od dire has to be at MAX, plus seal of WIND at 5 and teleport at 1.

For some demonstration i'm available :)

xLordOmega

Edited by LordOmega87, 12 May 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#29 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Yes, Flame Explosion will have a 100% chance to crit on all hits if Blast Arms is on.

Does the Blast Arms have to be activated with Seal of Fire or does it not matter which Seal you were using for this to happen?

#30 frostsense

frostsense

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

You must have the Seal of Fire activated with Blast Arms for the 100% critical to apply.

#31 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

I've heard people say that their SP plummets at astonishing rates while they're fighting regular mobs.

Does this mean alchemists are the way to go for wizzies?

#32 frostsense

frostsense

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

If you find you are having MP problems early game, no harm done in going Alchemist as your main job. However, should you decide to pick up Water Arms, you can use Blast Arms to gain 50% HP/SP over 10 seconds (assuming Blast Arms is maxed). Just something to keep in mind.

#33 flysteps

flysteps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

I got into Bapho hard at 4.3k unbuff HP. We didn't take down Bapho yet at that time, but my first Bapho hard down when I was only at 4.5k unbuff HP. I went straight to farm Bapho hard skipping normal. Nope, those wasn't in guild run either. I have always been alone and random join.

Sorry guys, requirement is not necessity. If you think you can, just do it. But if you can't, don't bother trying.

#34 SorcerousPhantom

SorcerousPhantom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:40 AM

I've heard people say that their SP plummets at astonishing rates while they're fighting regular mobs.

Does this mean alchemists are the way to go for wizzies?

I've managed wizards a few times too many at this point, and really, I've never struggled with SP, even after leaving the ever-useless WIS stat intact.
All you need is to use a good levelled Blue potion every so often, but I assure you wizards don't usually have problems with it.

Edited by SorcerousPhantom, 16 May 2013 - 04:41 AM.

#35 Nirrado

Nirrado

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

So, I'm not entirely sold on Pyromaniac 5/5 yet. Including the animation after the firebolt cast finishes, the spell is actually closer to 1.5sec or maybe slightly over that. Would the damage from 5/5 Explosion be worth using everytime you have 100 pyro vs the damage you would get from MAYBE 1 additional firebolt during the time you have 100 stacks? Are there diminishing returns on Haste, and if so do pyro stacks contribute to this or are they separate? There are so many variables on this ;_; Personally using 5/5 pyro atm, but I can't really tell a difference unless I hard cast fire ball for kicks and giggles, and even then it's extremely minute. As frost said previously during a 7-8min boss fight you're really not looking at that many extra casts, I'm going to put some math stuffz below this and disclaim that I don't know what specifically to do with said data, but more would like anyone willing to jump in and give some feedback whether by math or experience so we can maybe figure something out together as the community.

Lets assume a few things for the sake of math and my sanity.

Fire Bolt = 1sec cast+.5sec animation(needs clarification)

Generic boss fight is 8min long. That's 480 seconds, or 320 Fire Bolts(if only spamming fire bolt). We will also assume there are no adds or movement in the fight to make this easier on me because I am occasionally mentally deficient at mathz.

Now let's look at some other factors, because there will be other things happening.

You will be keeping up Firestarter, and in a 8min fight that's 16 casts, due to animation time we will say this is 16 less Fire Bolts(now 304 casts during the fight).

You should use Seal Explosion 4 times during this fight as well, another sec or so of animation so now 300 fire bolt casts.

Now that we have a nice round number let's assume Fire Ball Mastery has a perfect proc rate(20%), so 60 procs, this leaves us with about 240 Un-interrupted Fire Bolts. ASSUMING Pyromaniac had a 100% uptime and you didn't have to build it back to 100(despite it not taking that long), in a regular rotation over 8min the haste would net you ABOUT 17 more Fire Bolts. This is not using Explosion at the end of pyro, or factoring in the build up time. If there is movement during the fight you may not actually see any additional casts at all depending on how often a fight may or may not require you to move. Also considering you're a wizard if there are adds in the fight that should be AOE'd, well there's that to. I may go out on a limb and try a build with 1 Pyro and 5 Explosion for kicks and giggles(I don't mind spending $12 if it sucks cause I'm a min maxer deep down) and post my results, but am so torn at the moment on if it would actually be worth it or not X_x.

#36 flysteps

flysteps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

So, I'm not entirely sold on Pyromaniac 5/5 yet. Including the animation after the firebolt cast finishes, the spell is actually closer to 1.5sec or maybe slightly over that. Would the damage from 5/5 Explosion be worth using everytime you have 100 pyro vs the damage you would get from MAYBE 1 additional firebolt during the time you have 100 stacks? Are there diminishing returns on Haste, and if so do pyro stacks contribute to this or are they separate? There are so many variables on this ;_; Personally using 5/5 pyro atm, but I can't really tell a difference unless I hard cast fire ball for kicks and giggles, and even then it's extremely minute. As frost said previously during a 7-8min boss fight you're really not looking at that many extra casts, I'm going to put some math stuffz below this and disclaim that I don't know what specifically to do with said data, but more would like anyone willing to jump in and give some feedback whether by math or experience so we can maybe figure something out together as the community.

Lets assume a few things for the sake of math and my sanity.

Fire Bolt = 1sec cast+.5sec animation(needs clarification)

Generic boss fight is 8min long. That's 480 seconds, or 320 Fire Bolts(if only spamming fire bolt). We will also assume there are no adds or movement in the fight to make this easier on me because I am occasionally mentally deficient at mathz.

Now let's look at some other factors, because there will be other things happening.

You will be keeping up Firestarter, and in a 8min fight that's 16 casts, due to animation time we will say this is 16 less Fire Bolts(now 304 casts during the fight).

You should use Seal Explosion 4 times during this fight as well, another sec or so of animation so now 300 fire bolt casts.

Now that we have a nice round number let's assume Fire Ball Mastery has a perfect proc rate(20%), so 60 procs, this leaves us with about 240 Un-interrupted Fire Bolts. ASSUMING Pyromaniac had a 100% uptime and you didn't have to build it back to 100(despite it not taking that long), in a regular rotation over 8min the haste would net you ABOUT 17 more Fire Bolts. This is not using Explosion at the end of pyro, or factoring in the build up time. If there is movement during the fight you may not actually see any additional casts at all depending on how often a fight may or may not require you to move. Also considering you're a wizard if there are adds in the fight that should be AOE'd, well there's that to. I may go out on a limb and try a build with 1 Pyro and 5 Explosion for kicks and giggles(I don't mind spending $12 if it sucks cause I'm a min maxer deep down) and post my results, but am so torn at the moment on if it would actually be worth it or not X_x.

You can get some clarifications frost's opinion in previous page of this thread. Also from here Wizard's rant, and as well as the other discussions from post #9 onwards that could answer some of your thoughts or at least give you the idea from the past experience players. Especially the Pyro part

That said, not much of build variety for Wizard (as well as other class except Hybrid Sorc) in this game. You might want to add some mobility if you want to score in PvP

Edited by flysteps, 16 May 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#37 SOS101

SOS101

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Can I skip flame explosion? I want to get some pvp skills for colosim? I have meteor storm maxed and 1 in inferno while everything else is maxed on fire tree.

#38 SorcerousPhantom

SorcerousPhantom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

Can I skip flame explosion? I want to get some pvp skills for colosim? I have meteor storm maxed and 1 in inferno while everything else is maxed on fire tree.

I recommend you do not bother even investing a single point in Flame Explosion at all, especially if your main focus is PvP. Not that it serves too much for PvE as it is at the moment.

#39 SOS101

SOS101

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

I recommend you do not bother even investing a single point in Flame Explosion at all, especially if your main focus is PvP. Not that it serves too much for PvE as it is at the moment.

Okay thank you! :D

Im maxing Meteor shower and 1 point into inferno every skill besides that and explosion is maxed. :3

http://www.ro2skills...eardqBdneFrAkq1 the build I am planning.

Edited by SOS101, 23 May 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#40 SorcerousPhantom

SorcerousPhantom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

Okay thank you! :D

Im maxing Meteor shower and 1 point into inferno every skill besides that and explosion is maxed. :3

http://www.ro2skills...eardqBdneFrAkq1 the build I am planning.

For a PvP build, this is really good!
You MIGHT want to consider not getting Pyromaniac in favour of getting Frost Nova (Which is extremely useful when coupled with Teleport; even against ranged classes, though it's all optional) and Maxing Levitation. At the same time, however, Pyromaniac is far more useful than people give it credit for, so...Think about it.

You could also not invest too many points on Seal Explosion, but only if you see yourself forgetting/not using it too often. Personally, I see it a bit more usable in PvE, if only because it can be debunked by a random kill or the lack of targets during Colosseum.

Edited by SorcerousPhantom, 24 May 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#41 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

I am confused... your guide says to not get the Fire Ball skill and yet we should get the Fire Ball Mastery skill? :)

By the way... I made a Wizard because your guide is so amazing! :)

#42 frostsense

frostsense

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

Actually, I do recall saying to have at least 1 point in it. Never did say not to pick up Fire Ball. Maxing it is completely up to you.

And thanks.

Edited by frostsense, 26 May 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#43 SimonSeville08

SimonSeville08

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hello, I want to get a wizard and I plan on going with this skill build.
http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0
give me any comment or suggestions regarding it. thank you :)

#44 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

Hello, I want to get a wizard and I plan on going with this skill build.
http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0
give me any comment or suggestions regarding it. thank you :)

I would take out 2 points from meteor storm & 2 points from teleport so you can max flame explosion.

Flame explosion is one of those skills you either want to max or not include at all (in my opinion.)

#45 Aquasan

Aquasan

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Very In Depth i like it alot keep up the good work and i will follow your work.

#46 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

I've switched my Fire Arms to 1/5 and Wind Arms 5/5
Extreme difference. I can catch up to rangers threat without too much trouble and with Guardian up, I'm .8% away from instant cast now, need a few more crafted pieces for extra haste.

#47 SorcerousPhantom

SorcerousPhantom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

I've switched my Fire Arms to 1/5 and Wind Arms 5/5
Extreme difference. I can catch up to rangers threat without too much trouble and with Guardian up, I'm .8% away from instant cast now, need a few more crafted pieces for extra haste.

Now this is a very interesting approach. Are you quite sure your DPS isn't having too much of a setback with this?

#48 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

yea, that 10% extra matk and the 30% chance for DoT I don't miss at all.
A superb fast cast rate is really making a difference.

The constants, during a boss fight
20% from gear (I'm at 19.8%)
20% from Wind
5% from pump it up hard pill
10% build up of Pyro

The 20 sec all out burst
15% from Blast
30% from Guardian

Lets you even have instant fire balls when you dont have a proc for it!

Edited by Kalandros, 30 May 2013 - 08:35 AM.

#49 Fuumaki

Fuumaki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

If possible, do you think you can record a video of you playing with this new build? I'm interested in seeing it, but don't have the zeny to randomly test new builds.

#50 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

I've no experience in video stuff so
D:

still .8% short of that magical 100% haste during guardian/blast effects