43 replies to this topic

#26 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

Nahh not entirely.
Sorcs must focus themselves into LoR and DPS at the same time. A good two or three seconds of casting can give you a loss of DPS, while WIzards can just spam their arsenal without thinking of doing only support (only rebuff if it is necessary).

#27 dancingpanda

dancingpanda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

yay I have hope! :3

#28 Xafir

Xafir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

Might want to check out my thread on Fire Arms Vs Wind Arms I do a breakdown of Wizard damage with multiple different builds to see what does more damage and why.

Most of what the OP says is from a misconception quite a few SEA players seem to have about cast times. In almost all MMOs there is a global cooldown that applies to all abilities, so after you cast an ability you need to wait until you can cast the next ability. On top of that there is also a delay added for animations which differs depending on the skill used (for all the mage Bolt spells it is 0.3 seconds). This is what results in you not being able to cast a base speed Fire Bolt more than 2.3 times a second. So as a result the 10% extra cast speed from Pyromaniac does not actually increase your damage nearly as much as it should as you will not actually be casting 10% faster only making your cast bar move 10% faster.

Also it seems people really underestimate Fire Explosion, yes it has a long 3 second animation time but no matter how much haste you have you will never be able to cast 2 Fire Bolts in that time frame anyway so 110% damage is pretty huge considering that.

Edited by Xafir, 06 June 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#29 HayateJun

HayateJun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

I love my Wizard in PvE, but when I have to PvP, it seriously makes me cringe. One too many times I've regretted rolling a Wizard. It's just that Sorc just offer much better package overall. Makes me want to go back to my RO1 Wizard that no longer exist. And as for the Fire Explosion, honestly it's only viable for PvE. I rarely get FE pulled off as a finisher (makes me surprised every time, knowing I survived that long) in Colosseum, due to the fact that Wizards usually get targeted first over other classes. Even my brother and friends aim for Wizards first and even they feel bad for Wizards... oh how it aggravates me off when they say that... but can't really argue back, since Wizard seriously does lack in many ways. Just hoping for a future buff of any sort on Wizards. Heck, just having a casting animation better would make me happy. Often times even after the casting is finished my Wizards would hold on to the charged fire bolt even longer and there is a strange short delay when recasting. No, it's not my connection nor fps problem.

#30 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:51 AM

Well a sorc is much better packaged overall? They just got more intense burst, but thats all, no dodge skills, worthless heals without earth arms, mmkay...
Actually I see people aiming more for a sorc, who cant dodge around than a wiz, who uses teleport or worse, ice wal :D

#31 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

Why all the hate bro?
It's been agreed that Sorcs wins over Wizard thousand times already (unless the dev decided to buff this class)
About heal, heal always go hand in hand with Earth Arms, and it's what Sorcs are good at.
They can switch their role anytime they want to, with even if not better than other pure DPS/heal out there.
What's Sorc lacks but Wiz has are DoTs (which illogical if the dev puts DoT skills in the best burst class in the entire game) and Dragonology.

Edited by rzevidz007, 11 June 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#32 Xafir

Xafir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

Why all the hate bro?
It's been agreed that Sorcs wins over Wizard thousand times already (unless the dev decided to buff this class)
About heal, heal always go hand in hand with Earth Arms, and it's what Sorcs are good at.
They can switch their role anytime they want to, with even if not better than other pure DPS/heal out there.
What's Sorc lacks but Wiz has are DoTs (which illogical if the dev puts DoT skills in the best burst class in the entire game) and Dragonology.

Sorcs have burst and heals. Wizards have sustained and personal utility they are not just a DOT class with Dragonology. On a single target boss burn a sorc will lose to a good Wizard.

#33 Vroix

Vroix

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

First time I saw RO2 classes, I thought Sorcerers will be more like summoners who can summon spirits to support them in battle and Wizards are the one who have more destructive spells. But I was wrong.

If I'm not mistaken, Sorcerers are born special. They have affinity with spirits and inherit some special power that allow them to have more control on magic. On the other hand Wizards don't have that special power, just an ordinary man who try to learn the magical arts.
Maybe that's why sorcerers are stronger because they are born special, and it looks like there are a lot of special person in Rune-Midgard. :P

I like role playing in a game, and If I have to choose, I choose to be an ordinary man who try so hard to learn magic (Wizards) rather than born with special magic power (Sorcerers).

But still, I hope they will enhance Wizard's skill tree. I love lightning magics, It is a shame that Wizards don't have destructive lightning magics.

#34 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Sorcs have burst and heals. Wizards have sustained and personal utility they are not just a DOT class with Dragonology. On a single target boss burn a sorc will lose to a good Wizard.

It's not about how you can dish out the most damage and have a self utility skills. It's about how you function in a party as a whole. Now tell me how's that "personal utility" can support the entire raid. Sorcs have multiple effective roles and they are good in both with proper arms and is proved useful in the party. While Wizard, sure you can have DoT, you can have buff, but your utility skills only benefits you the most. Ice Wall? Sure it can lose all aggro, but it is only in a rare scenario when you are out threating your main tank. Teleport in raid? Ain't nobody go t time for that, except to move faster of course, which is useless when against a boss. The WORSE thing about Wizard is, their DoTs are simply not effective. This is the reason why you seldom or MAYBE never see two wizards in a same raid or party. A DoT are to be overwritten with the other same DoT. If you have two Wizards in the same party, expect to lose some DPS on either of you, or maybe two of you if you know what I mean.

Now, let us talk about Sorcs. Now, let us not talk about utility skills when discusing Sorcs because it can be easily replaced by its imba heals.
First, LoR. The best thing about LoR is it can be stacked with other LoR and it's a major plus. It's a HoT, it crits, it's pure enjoyment, everybody loves LoR.
Second, Sorc can ress. We're talking about a class which burst alot and can ress. Wow, Gravity.
Third, Deluge is just so much love. Switch to Earth Arms and drop this down and watch as you save your entire party/raid.
Fourth, Sorc has a DoT too actually, the Aqua Summon, but it's special. It maybe has a long animation between each aqua shot but it CRITS, while a normal DoT never crits.
Lastly, on a single target boss a sorc lose to a good wizard? Sure. But a 'good' Sorc' will lose to a good Wizard. In a raid last night over the SEA server, I've been out threating my Wizard friend all the time. Both of us have the same AoD weapon, mine is not upgraded though, and his rod was +7 if I'm not mistaken. My threat was in 250k something while his was in 150k. Tank was in 300k++, and he too, has an AoD weapon. Now you tell me Wizard can win against Sorc?

#35 Lawful

Lawful

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hmm idk, they say wiz overdps's sorc, but i havent seen a wiz yet as i played that out dps'es me.

#36 Xafir

Xafir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:31 AM

It's not about how you can dish out the most damage and have a self utility skills. It's about how you function in a party as a whole. Now tell me how's that "personal utility" can support the entire raid. Sorcs have multiple effective roles and they are good in both with proper arms and is proved useful in the party. While Wizard, sure you can have DoT, you can have buff, but your utility skills only benefits you the most. Ice Wall? Sure it can lose all aggro, but it is only in a rare scenario when you are out threating your main tank. Teleport in raid? Ain't nobody go t time for that, except to move faster of course, which is useless when against a boss. The WORSE thing about Wizard is, their DoTs are simply not effective. This is the reason why you seldom or MAYBE never see two wizards in a same raid or party. A DoT are to be overwritten with the other same DoT. If you have two Wizards in the same party, expect to lose some DPS on either of you, or maybe two of you if you know what I mean.

Now, let us talk about Sorcs. Now, let us not talk about utility skills when discusing Sorcs because it can be easily replaced by its imba heals.
First, LoR. The best thing about LoR is it can be stacked with other LoR and it's a major plus. It's a HoT, it crits, it's pure enjoyment, everybody loves LoR.
Second, Sorc can ress. We're talking about a class which burst alot and can ress. Wow, Gravity.
Third, Deluge is just so much love. Switch to Earth Arms and drop this down and watch as you save your entire party/raid.
Fourth, Sorc has a DoT too actually, the Aqua Summon, but it's special. It maybe has a long animation between each aqua shot but it CRITS, while a normal DoT never crits.
Lastly, on a single target boss a sorc lose to a good wizard? Sure. But a 'good' Sorc' will lose to a good Wizard. In a raid last night over the SEA server, I've been out threating my Wizard friend all the time. Both of us have the same AoD weapon, mine is not upgraded though, and his rod was +7 if I'm not mistaken. My threat was in 250k something while his was in 150k. Tank was in 300k++, and he too, has an AoD weapon. Now you tell me Wizard can win against Sorc?

You are comparing a hybrid DPS/healer to a pure DPS and saying the the pure DPS lacks heals....well duh. A Wizard is meant to deal damage like a Ranger or a rogue and both Teleport and Ice Wall help keep them alive as a dead DPS does no DPS. Also I am sorry but if your friend is only pulling 150k in AOD gear then he is not a good Wizard.

#37 hongaun

hongaun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

I really want to make a wizard, but this post is very discouraging. I was thinking that a wizard was a damaged dealing badass <.< That Sorcs would be weaker due to the fact that they are part healer.....I was thinking that this chara would be the one that would destroy all and live to laugh about it.
Is this all not true then?
If I bother with this chara does that mean I will be forever alone because no one wants a wizard?
I dont want to make a chara just for an INT buff <.<
BAH!!!!
Just answer me this....
Will I ever be a badass?

Wizards still have one of the long-term highest dps (higher than rangers at end-game), so dps wise they are still viable, just that more limited to raid bosses. In SEA with the maya bug method, Wizards can down Maya alone in 10 mins, while ranger takes about 15-18 mins, followed by sorc at almost 28 mins.

Why? High dps from Dots and procs.

#38 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

You are comparing a hybrid DPS/healer to a pure DPS and saying the the pure DPS lacks heals....well duh. A Wizard is meant to deal damage like a Ranger or a rogue and both Teleport and Ice Wall help keep them alive as a dead DPS does no DPS. Also I am sorry but if your friend is only pulling 150k in AOD gear then he is not a good Wizard.

This is too prove that Sorcs are far more functional in raid than Wizard who just do DPS to answer the statement from above poster that claims that utility skills can actually help the entire raid.

Wizards still have one of the long-term highest dps (higher than rangers at end-game), so dps wise they are still viable, just that more limited to raid bosses. In SEA with the maya bug method, Wizards can down Maya alone in 10 mins, while ranger takes about 15-18 mins, followed by sorc at almost 28 mins.

Why? High dps from Dots and procs.

I've done AoD hard several times, WITHOUT bug. (My seniors done this in the past using the bug though), no Wizards can outthreat me in a complete raid (all 10 members). I can understand Wizards win in long-term battle. But it is in a complete raid with 10 people, which means shorter time required.

#39 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

you are forgetting that the threat meter is not a damage meter

While i don't really know who is right in this argument, I know that your healing done and pots eaten add up to your threat without contributing to the raid's dps. Also, the wizards damage to adds is not added to his threat bar on the boss, etc, etc.

#40 hongaun

hongaun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

This is too prove that Sorcs are far more functional in raid than Wizard who just do DPS to answer the statement from above poster that claims that utility skills can actually help the entire raid.

I've done AoD hard several times, WITHOUT bug. (My seniors done this in the past using the bug though), no Wizards can outthreat me in a complete raid (all 10 members). I can understand Wizards win in long-term battle. But it is in a complete raid with 10 people, which means shorter time required.

I was just using that boss fight as a measure to how high a Wizard DPS can get in a long battle. In terms of all DPS classes Wizard has the least burst dps damage, but Wizard shines in long battles.
Also, Wizard has better adds-clearing abilities due to inferno and meteor shower.

In terms of dps, wizards are not that far behind, and still make a good gatekeeper in raids with teleport and ice wall.

#41 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

Also, Wizard has better adds-clearing abilities due to inferno and meteor shower.

Ehh I wouldn't exactly say we have *better* add-clearing abilities, especially since MS kind of sucks. However, Inferno is good (can tag up to 10 enemies with fire flower), and we can use Frost Nova to power-up a Sorc's LoV.

Wizard + Sorcerer work very well together in a group-- no reason to try & rate one higher than the other :)

#42 hongaun

hongaun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

Ehh I wouldn't exactly say we have *better* add-clearing abilities, especially since MS kind of sucks. However, Inferno is good (can tag up to 10 enemies with fire flower), and we can use Frost Nova to power-up a Sorc's LoV.

Wizard + Sorcerer work very well together in a group-- no reason to try & rate one higher than the other :)

Yeap Nova + LoV is a killer. MS is one of the higher AOE damage skills in the game.

Wizard tends to complement well with other classes, especially sorc. There's no real best dps class in game, each have their own role to play.

#43 nogebator

nogebator

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:04 AM

actualy what wizard need is raise meteor. remember ro1 wizard had pwn oae dmg, storm gust finish all, and meteor form bragi could make huge dmg . i think meteor need be something like this. insta dmg how warrior rage strike or more, more radius, no freeze, no delay or not more 3 sec delay, regen piromaniac points and fire explosion should be oae, or another effect like warlock in warcraft but oae, flower like immolation and fire explosion like conflagerate. that will be ok dmg dealer. or leave same ms mechanic but raise dmg, 100-200% dmg i think will be good.

Edited by nogebator, 15 June 2013 - 02:09 AM.

#44 nogebator

nogebator

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

and about frost nova. actualy 6 freeze too short need raise it for 10 or more. coz i can cast only 2 fire bolt for its duration.
and need change seal expliotion without global cd, coz its burst and actualy u get not 20 sec duration.
becouse game is new and wet need a year for balance mechanic ond other things i will write what wizard need to be good hero> not overpower and not a gimp.

Edited by nogebator, 17 June 2013 - 01:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users