VachV's Guide on Hybrid Priest - Everything you need to know - Acolyte - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

VachV's Guide on Hybrid Priest - Everything you need to know

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Since many are curious on how we should work on skills and stats when it comes to hybrid-priest build, i thought of putting up my own guide. This guide will let you play a Hybrid-Priest role in such a way, unless you show your skills others might think that you are a FS-Priest in some situations, and in other situations some others might think you are a battle priest. Also your role as a healer will never be questioned(Unless you play dumb - that cant be helped)

Table Of Contents

1. Terminology
2. What is a Hybrid-Priest?
3. Why should i choose Hybrid over FS-Priest or Battle-Priest?
3.1 Why you shouldn't be a battle-priest?
3.2 Why you shouldn't be a pure FS-priest?
3.3 Why should you be a Hybrid-Priest?
4. Stats - from beginning to end
5. Skills - from beginning to end
5.1 Detailed Description on the skills and recommendation
5.1.1 Attack branch
5.1.2 Support branch
5.1.3 Utility branch
5.2 What skills to choose until level 25
5.3 Sample skill builds
6. SOLO-ing Bosses level 1~50(tips and tricks)
7. FAQ

1. Terminology
Followings are some of the terms used in the game genarlly. If you are a a beginner, you might be wondering what they actually mean.

PVP - Player Versus Player
PVE - Player Versus Environment
HP - Hit Points
LFP - Looking For Party
LFM - Looking For Member
RHM - Random Hard Mode
DPS - Damage Per Second
FS - Full Support
MT - Main Tank
OT - Off Tank
DOT - Damage Over Time
HOT - Heal Over Time
CD - Count Down
Ress - Ressurect
HL - Holy Light
HH - Highness Heal
Reno - Renovatio
Ray - Genesis Ray
KS - Kill Shot
AOE - Area OF Effect
POT - Potion
AH - Auction House
MATK - Magic Attack

2. What is a Hybrid-Priest?
Hybrid priest is a role where, you can grind alone being able to solo mobs(or boss), whilst maintaining the role as a healer in parties.

3. Why should i choose Hybrid over FS-Priest or Battle-Priest?
3.1 Why you shouldn't be a battle-priest?

For one is, you will be kicked out the raids in later-game due to lack of heal. People invite you to raids as a healer(mostly), since there are classes out there who can PVE-DPS much more better than a priest.
Second is, being pure battle priest will make it harder for you to do solo grinding than a hybrid one. Trust me i have solo every boss outside the dungeon(including willow worker and goblin leader) being a hybrid-priest. Pure battle priest wont be able to(or really hard).

3.2 Why you shouldn't be a pure FS-priest?
well, as for me, i dont play this game to be someone elses healer all the time. I play for personal satisfaction being able to master in both PVE and PVP. I am all in for healing and keeping the party alive, but when needed i want to ace in PVP and PVE solo too.
Second and most important is, being a FS with HL level 1 will make your life really miserable when leveling up.
Finally being a FS-priest you can never win(almost impossbile even if all other opponents are pure dumbs) in coliseum championship.

3.3 Why should you be a Hybrid-Priest?
Because, being a hybrid will give you the luxury of ace-ing the all aspects of the game.

PVP - coliseum screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

PVE - screenshots

Posted Image

4. Stats - from beginning to end
Your main stat is Int.
Every 1 point you allocate on Int, you will get 2 MATK.

Your secondary stats are AGL and VIT.
AGL will increase your crtical strike chance.
Every 1 point of VIT will increase you HP by 6(before buff).
Also VIT will have an affect on the amount of heal you will get from portions.

Basically there are number of viable options you can choose for your stats.

Some of them are,
Int - 51, AGL - 27, VIT - 3
Int - 51, VIT - 27, AGL - 3
Int - 49, AGL - 31, VIT - 0
Int - 49, VIT - 31, AGL - 0
Int - 40, AGL - 40, VIT - 8
Int - 40, VIT - 40, AGL - 8
Int - 36, AGL - 36, VIT - 25

I would recommand, one of the following two.

Having higher VIT will reward in many ways.
Your job as a healer in a raid is to keep the MT/OT alive.
If MT dies, then the whole party is in big trouble.
To keep the MT alive you should be alive right? When a boss aoe, or when adds spawn around a boss, with lower HP, you will be concerning your own HP rather than healing the MT. This is one reason why many raids fail in the end game.
My advice.. always go for VIT build as a priest.

When you start upping your stats, start with INT always and up it until 36. From there you can decide for which build you will goto. At lower stats, your crit rate is really low. Thus no point spending points on AGL at the start of the game. Also until you are level 50, your VIT wont matter much in normal dungeons. So INT first, then decide your build.

5. Skills - from beginning to end

The skill set you choose will decide your future in this game.
Once you choose your skills, they cannot be changed or modified unless you buy cash item called Skill Reset Scroll.
In the later part of the game when you all reach level 50,
you will see that the Skill reset scrolls which have been put by players are being sold really fast.
WHY? caz many players(almost 90% of them) got their skill tree messed up initially.

Therefore i ll explain what you need and what you dont need as a hybrid priest and will give out sample skill builds to guide you through.
(ofc i will put my own build in it, though i wont say which :p_laugh: )

5.1 Detailed Description on the skills and recommendation
Skill tree is divided into to three branches.
  • Attack branch
  • Utility branch
  • Support branch
5.1.1 Attack branch

Posted Image

This is one of the basic attack skills you get. As for being a healer, you will hardly have time to use HL in raids. As for grinding, You are far better off with DOTs than using HL. As a hybrid priest, leave this at level 1. You dont really need to up this skill.

Posted Image

This skill is not useful for a hybrid-priest. Leave it at level 1. This skill is not bad, there are better skills out there where you can allocate your points rather than on this.

Posted Image

This is good DOT skill you can have for PVP. Specially in coliseum this will reward you nicely. You can either choose to leave it at level 1 to be better on support side or can up this to level 4 or to max level. 20 secs, 30 secs doesnt matter, since you can recast it and keep it going as long as you want.

Posted Image

Judex is a core skill for you, but interms of level, you should keep this at level 1. This skill will help you in griding, raids, PVP. Griding, it will help you to stun all the mobs around you which you have already casted DOT on and in that 3 secounds stun time, you can heal yourself. In raids judex will help your party when clearing mobs. You stun all the mobs around will help DPS to clear them fast. Finally, in PVP coliseum, you can stun every soul around you and cast DOT on them and KS, or, u can stun the guys attacking you and escape quickly from the danger. Like i said, this skill is a must you must have in your skill inventory, BUT keep this at level 1.

Posted Image

This is your best DOT skill and most useful skill in griding. Why? because it has 25 m range, where as other 2 skills have only 20m range. So you can easily lure mobs to you and grind faster to level up. Also in PVP you can DOT a player far away or you can hide in a room and DOT the mobs spawn in the area to gain easy points. A Skill you must max, because by the time a mob runs to you, it has already suffered some damage due to the long distance he had to run.

Posted Image

This is your third DOT skill. It has higher damage than oratio but have 1 second casting time. But 15% DOT is really promising. I suggest max this or up it to level 4, or if you chose to max or up oratio to level 4 then you can leave this at level 1 to gain more skill points for support side. Note that, you might need to keep either oratio or adoramus at level 4 (not both at level 5) to make sure core support skills are done.( i ll come to that in sample builds)

Posted Image

This is an AOE skill as the above description. Good for grinding. It s really usefulness comes when used with aspersio. However, even so, there is no reason to use more than 1 skill point on this. Leave this at level 1. But add this to your skill inventory.

Posted Image

This is your KS skill. Or your finishing move. It comes with 7 successive hits and each has a high chance to crit. When maxed, in coliseum you inflict 2500-3500 damage on non-tank player. Meaning you can get a kill if used on anyone around 3k HP(depend on your buffs). This will let you crown as coliseum champion. Definitely max it(however if you are thinking of comboing with arch angel, you can get this to lvl3 or 4. Most important this is, with aspersio you can cast this instant and also, you can fly around while the skill is being casted. In PVE also will help you for solo-ing bosses and in raids sometimes when you have time to breath you can cast this on bosses/mini-bosses etc.

5.1.2 Support branch

Posted Image

This is your main healing skill. max this one. Some say it is sufficient to leave this at level 4, but i disagree. In the end game you will need every bit of heal this skill gives you in raids. Some say it s just 3% increase from level 4 to level 5. But think.. Level 1 being 30%, 3% increase is 10% increase in total heal compared to level1.

Posted Image

This is one of your core support HOT skills. With instant cast and no cooldown, you will be casting this skill always on your party/raid members. Therefore max this skill. Specially when your know a boss is going to aoe which has dot also, casting this will help big time.

Posted Image

Upping this skill is a big waste. Dont look at the figures above. Actually crit effect is neglibile compared to level 1 even when you max this. Leave this at level 1. I can give a detailed calculation on it later, for now just know that level 5 and level 1 has a very little increase in total effects.

Posted Image

This is a very useful skill. When used with aspersio you will have HOT effect. However you will be casting this in every 10 secs. This skill is a burst skill, which gives a big heal affect, however you can cast this every 10 secs. Upping this skill will be overheal. Therefore leave this at level 1.

Posted Image

This skill gives you additional 2% healing effect for every level. This is a buff skill, means it will stay for 30 mins(in this case). There is no wrong chosing when it comes to this skill. You can either stay at level 1 or up it to level 2,3,4 or max.

Posted Image

Another useful support skill, but you will usually need this in rare situations. Like your tank is going to die, you can heal him to full hp with this skill. Just leave it at level 1. Even at level 5, it can be only recasted in 3 mins.

Posted Image

One of the best support skills you will have. This becomes a must to be maxed in late game raids in PVE. In PVP also in coliseum this is a must skill to have. 40% damage reduction buff is a must to have as a hybrid priest. One way you are going to pawn Battle-Priests in PVP. Definately max this.

Posted Image

Another very important skill to have in your skill line up. We as hybrid-priests use this for 15% hp effect gives when used with aspersio. Specially when a boss is going to aoe, we can use it to boost everyones HP by 15% which reducing the overall damage we get by aoe, therefore leave this at level 1.

5.1.3 Utility branch
Posted Image

Blessing is another core skill for a priest. This will give 30 mins HP buff for all the party members. Max this one.

Posted Image

This skill is a very important one when it comes to raiding dungeons. However this will be used in rare occasions. For an example, when boss casts AOE all the members have to get out of it quickly, priest can cast this(eg. COA rat casts blue aoe, all have to run out or instant death). Or it could be adds are summoned and all have to run away from specific adds or kite away. Since we use this in rare occasions, leave it at level 1, but definately a must to have in your skill inventory.

Posted Image

As a hybrid priest having this at level 1 is sufficient.

Posted Image

One of the most important skills. Nothing to discuss, level 1(max) it.

Posted Image

With no doubt this is the most important skill you can have as a priest. hybrid/battle or FS. Definately max it. Not only that max this as soon as possible. This will make griding much more easier.

Posted Image

This skill has very limited uses. Preferebly level 0 if you are not going to get others skills down the line.

Posted Image

Good skill to use in raids when MT is having some debuffs from boss/mobs. But it s optional. Preferebly level 0 if you are not going to get others skills down the line.

Posted Image

It s not useful to spend points down the lane to get increase in haste rate. Preferebly level 0 if you are not going to get others skills down the line. If increase in hasle was 25% or above then definately worth to get it. But 10% at max is not enough fo your attention.

Posted Image

Important skill when a boss is going to aoe on the whole party. But not worth to come all the down in this skill tree just to get this buff. Assumptio is much more benefitial. Preferebly level 0 if you are not going to get others skills down the line.

Posted Image

This is a nice skill having MATK increase if you max it. Putting 1-2 points is not worth spending many points and coming down this line. When used with Ray this will give very high damage. Only drawback is it has 60 secs effective cooldown. Either level 0 or level 3-5.

5.2 What skills to choose until level 25

Many new players will be curious how to choose the skills upto level 25. And how the skills should be chosen. I know i was.. when i started. Remember this is a merely a guideline for beginerers, and might not be the best way to go. But definately one of the best.

Posted Image

5.3 Sample skill builds
Followings are some sample builds to guide you through.

http://www.ro2skills...BdDrbeBeBdBkbqA
http://www.ro2skills...eBdDrbeEeA1boqA
http://www.ro2skills...EeBdDrbeFeA2oqA
http://www.ro2skills...FeBdDrbeEeA2oqA
http://www.ro2skills...BdDrbeBebdBqBqA

6. SOLO-ing Bosses level 1~50(tips and tricks)(In-progress)

7. FAQ

Q : I'm interested to hear how much you're using Heal during a world boss solo
A : I guess what you mean is, how should the skill rotation be when you are solo-ing a world boss as a hybrid priest.
You can start the boss with casting Renovatio and Aspersio pre-battle.
at start,
DOTs( Credo -> Adoramus -> Oratio) -> Judex(since aspersio is active will give stun) -> Ray
repeat,
Renovatio -> DOTs -> Heal 2x -> Aspersio -> Judex -> Ray
When you see you are gaining more damage than your heal and reno can handle, use HH in between since instant cast and use Assumptio.
If you have archangel use it.

Q : From the looks of it a Battle Priest PvP build should be more than capable of handling world bosses. It only has Heal 1/5, but at only a 13% output difference it shouldn't affect the outcome TOO much.
A : At level 1 your heal is 30% of your MATK, where as at level 5 it is 43% of your MATK.
That is (43-30)/30 = 43.3% increase in your heal.
For an example at same MATK, when battle priest heals 1000, hybrid-priest will heal 1433. It is subsantial difference in heal.
Even from level 4 to level 5 , that 3% increase is actually 10% increase in heal compared to level 1. Like i posted under heal skill, in later game more the punch you pack from healing, more successful you will be.

Q : i don't really agree is about "Heal" and "Highness Heal" : You put Heal at max and highness at 1. I do the opposite. Why? Because in party/raid, there will sure be the main tanker to focus on, but there will be others that will need heal too because some are dumbs or running everywhere. And for that, i'd rather use a "multiple heal" good skill more often than using a "good solo heal" skill.
A : I think many have this wrong idea of priests have to keep the whole raid alive. Actually in late-game 2 priest's role is to keep the MT/OT alive. Sorcs's role is to keep DPS alive.

This is how a part/raid works.
Tanks(MT) - tank the boss and keep the threat to yourself to make sure boss is focussed on you. This is done by doing first attack and/or continuous tanuting and keep attacking. That way MT will prevent boss focusing on the rest of the party being a meat-shield. In dungeons MT will be getting 20-40% damage from the boss in one attack.

Tanks(OT) - tank the mini-bosses or adds boss summon. This will help DPS to clear the adds while OT is tanking them.

DPS - dps on boss, and when adds are summoned dps on the adds and clear.

Healers(Priests) - Make sure MT and OT and yourself alive. Nothing else. Boss will be doing AOEs randomly or in at fixed percentage of boss's HP. You must not loose focus of healing MT, OT and keeping yourself alive even for one secound. Tanks die = whole party is in trouble and most likely raid will fail.

Healers(Sorcs) - Make sure DPS are alive and help in DPS, Deluge for AOEs when needed. Now we know boss will AOE and DPS will get damage also, sometimes DOT. Sorcs role is to keep LOR(Land of recovery) on DPS and heal them. Healing DPS is not a continiuos thing, but as secondary-healers in the pary/raid, keeping DPS alive is sorcs's responsibility.

Tanks not doing their job etc. is another issue. It is lack of coodination in the praty/raid. If you ask me, if you dont plan what to do in the raid and players not doing thier jobs properly, then such raid is bound to fail and it MUST. why? dungeons is a core part of this game and even without proper plan and coodination if a party can complete the raid, then there is something wrong with the game. In pubs(public parties), leader has to brief on what to do before the party/raid starts. Lack of plan or coodination has nothing to do with level HH to max than keep it at level 1.

Finally,
Will it be useful to max HH to level 5? YES
But is it necessary to max HH than to keep it at level 1? NO

However, this is a guide only and it is personal preference to take HH over Heal. If you know what you are doing it will work. However, it will be bit harder for yourself. I have done both actually. Initially i was on Heal lvl1 and HH lvl maxed also. It was working until Bapho and PVE arena Normal modes. After that it became harder. But with Heal maxed and HH lvl 1, it works like a charm. Again, it is a personal preference.

Edited by VachV, 04 May 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#2 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

If I could make a suggestion? Perhaps change the font to something a bit more standard? As it is it may be hard to read for some and can give the air of condescendance.

As a full DPS Priest I'm interested to see your build and world boss solo strategies to see how they compare. I might pick up a tip or two!

#3 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

If I could make a suggestion? Perhaps change the font to something a bit more standard? As it is it may be hard to read for some and can give the air of condescendance.

As a full DPS Priest I'm interested to see your build and world boss solo strategies to see how they compare. I might pick up a tip or two!

ty for the suggestion. Fixed the font.

BTW, I am not giving out my build, just giving guildlines how to master in the role of a hybrid-priest.

Edited by VachV, 24 April 2013 - 05:32 AM.

#4 JohnSmiley69

JohnSmiley69

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:12 AM

This guide is coming along well, keep up the great work! I find this guide very helpful and your efforts and help are greatly appreciated!!! :D

#5 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

This guide is coming along well, keep up the great work! I find this guide very helpful and your efforts and help are greatly appreciated!!! :D

Thankz.. I m trying my best to post quickly, with the limited time i get in between work these days. Hopefully will be able to finish in next 2-3 days.

After the guide is done, if you have any specific questions, pleae let me know, i ll include a Q&A section also in the guide later.

Edited by VachV, 25 April 2013 - 06:05 AM.

#6 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

Updated with skills.

Added Solo-ing bosses and FAQ topic(depending on the questions posted here, this will be updated)

Enjoy

#7 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

I'm interested to hear how much you're using Heal during a world boss solo :0

#8 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:30 AM

I'm interested to hear how much you're using Heal during a world boss solo :0

Added your question to FAQ section.

Cheers

#9 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

Added your question to FAQ section.

Cheers

Awesome, thanks! And approximately how long does it take for you to down an end game world boss, like say Goblin Leader?

From the looks of it a Battle Priest PvP build should be more than capable of handling world bosses. It only has Heal 1/5, but at only a 13% output difference it shouldn't affect the outcome TOO much.

Though it does raise an interesting question: at what point does a Battle Priest become Hybrid? You mention above that Assumptio is what gives you the edge over BPs in PVP, but any dedicated BP worth their salt in PVP would be taking Assumptio. I suppose it comes down to how invested they are in their Combat skill tree (Maxing HL, Lex, RoG, Ora, Credo, Ado VS not maxing them).

#10 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:07 AM

Awesome, thanks! And approximately how long does it take for you to down an end game world boss, like say Goblin Leader?

Actually it depends on the gears. Goblin has 50% magic def buff (on and off). That account will take 3-5 mins to down GL approximately.

From the looks of it a Battle Priest PvP build should be more than capable of handling world bosses. It only has Heal 1/5, but at only a 13% output difference it shouldn't affect the outcome TOO much.

Actually it is not.
Lets see..
At level 1 your heal is 30% of your MATK, where as at level 5 it is 43% of your MATK. That is (43-30)/30 = 43.3% increase in your heal. For an example at same MATK, when battle priest heals 1000, hybrid-priest will heal 1433. It is subsantial difference in heal.

Though it does raise an interesting question: at what point does a Battle Priest become Hybrid? You mention above that Assumptio is what gives you the edge over BPs in PVP, but any dedicated BP worth their salt in PVP would be taking Assumptio. I suppose it comes down to how invested they are in their Combat skill tree (Maxing HL, Lex, RoG, Ora, Credo, Ado VS not maxing them).

Someone might argue FS-priest is one with no skills on attack side than HL level 1. Same person would argue that BP is someone who doesnt take any supportive skills in support side than heal. If you say a BP would max assumptio on support side, then it s a mix of all 3 sides right? That same person will say then that is hybrid build, maybe more on aggresion. :heh:

#11 ThePhoenix87

ThePhoenix87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

Very good guide but just one think i don't really agree is about "Heal" and "Highness Heal" : You put Heal at max and highness at 1. I do the opposite. Why? Because in party/raid, there will sure be the main tanker to focus on, but there will be others that will need heal too because some are dumbs or running everywhere. And for that, i'd rather use a "multiple heal" good skill more often than using a "good solo heal" skill.

Edited by ThePhoenix87, 28 April 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#12 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Actually it depends on the gears. Goblin has 50% magic def buff (on and off). That account will take 3-5 mins to down GL approximately.

Ah good to know! I never got to end game stuff in beta, so this is mad useful info. How 'safe' are you HP-wise? Like are you generally popping HH as soon as it's off CD or is there a longer wait? Sorry to keep bothering you XD

Actually it is not.
Lets see..
At level 1 your heal is 30% of your MATK, where as at level 5 it is 43% of your MATK. That is (43-30)/30 = 43.3% increase in your heal. For an example at same MATK, when battle priest heals 1000, hybrid-priest will heal 1433. It is subsantial difference in heal.

At first I thought your math was wrong for some reason (I hadn't had my caffiene yet I think), but you're bang on. Unless my napkin math is wrong, going with a decent end game value of 2000 MATK we get the following healing values:

Level 1 Heal: 2000 x 0.30 = 600
Level 5 Heal: 2000 x 0.43 = 860

This means there'd be a deficit of 260 hp per heal, 520 hp per your above mentioned rotation cycle. Effectively in 3 heals a Hybrid manages to heal more than a BP does in 4 heals. The difference does add up, but I'm not sure if it's a big enough difference that it makes world boss soloing impossible. It comes back to what I asked above: it depends on how tight/close to death you're able to get before needing to pop HH. I'm excited to give it a try come release!

Someone might argue FS-priest is one with no skills on attack side than HL level 1. Same person would argue that BP is someone who doesnt take any supportive skills in support side than heal. If you say a BP would max assumptio on support side, then it s a mix of all 3 sides right? That same person will say then that is hybrid build, maybe more on aggresion. :heh:

It's all oppinion I guess :gg:

Actually, the best I can wrangle with my PVP build while maxing all useful DPS skills is 4/5 Assumptio. But still, I'd much rather have 32% damage reduction and self support skills over AA in PVP any time.

#13 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Very good guide but just one think i don't really agree is about "Heal" and "Highness Heal" : You put Heal at max and highness at 1. I do the opposite. Why? Because in party/raid, there will sure be the main tanker to focus on, but there will be others that will need heal too because some are dumbs or running everywhere. And for that, i'd rather use a "multiple heal" good skill more often than using a "good solo heal" skill.

I think many have this wrong idea of priests have to keep the whole raid alive. Actually in late-game 2 priest's role is to keep the MT/OT alive. Sorcs's role is to keep DPS alive.

This is how a part/raid works.
Tanks(MT) - tank the boss and keep the threat to yourself to make sure boss is focussed on you. This is done by doing first attack and/or continuous tanuting and keep attacking. That way MT will prevent boss focusing on the rest of the party being a meat-shield. In dungeons MT will be getting 20-40% damage from the boss in one attack.

Tanks(OT) - tank the mini-bosses or adds boss summon. This will help DPS to clear the adds while OT is tanking them.

DPS - dps on boss, and when adds are summoned dps on the adds and clear.

Healers(Priests) - Make sure MT and OT and yourself alive. Nothing else. Boss will be doing AOEs randomly or in at fixed percentage of boss's HP. You must not loose focus of healing MT, OT and keeping yourself alive even for one secound. Tanks die = whole party is in trouble and most likely raid will fail.

Healers(Sorcs) - Make sure DPS are alive and help in DPS, Deluge for AOEs when needed. Now we know boss will AOE and DPS will get damage also, sometimes DOT. Sorcs role is to keep LOR(Land of recovery) on DPS and heal them. Healing DPS is not a continiuos thing, but as secondary-healers in the pary/raid, keeping DPS alive is sorcs's responsibility.

Tanks not doing their job etc. is another issue. It is lack of coodination in the praty/raid. If you ask me, if you dont plan what to do in the raid and players not doing thier jobs properly, then such raid is bound to fail and it MUST. why? dungeons is a core part of this game and even without proper plan and coodination if a party can complete the raid, then there is something wrong with the game. In pubs(public parties), leader has to brief on what to do before the party/raid starts. Lack of plan or coodination has nothing to do with level HH to max than keep it at level 1.

Finally,
Will it be useful to max HH to level 5? YES
But is it necessary to max HH than to keep it at level 1? NO

Edit :
However, this is a guide only and it is personal preference to take HH over Heal. If you know what you are doing it will work. However, it will be bit harder for yourself. I have done both actually. Initially i was on Heal lvl1 and HH lvl maxed also. It was working until Bapho and PVE arena Normal modes. After that it became harder. But with Heal maxed and HH lvl 1, it works like a charm. Again, it is a personal preference.

Edited by VachV, 28 April 2013 - 10:58 PM.

#14 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Ah good to know! I never got to end game stuff in beta, so this is mad useful info. How 'safe' are you HP-wise? Like are you generally popping HH as soon as it's off CD or is there a longer wait? Sorry to keep bothering you XD

It is always nice to play safe when it comes to solo-ing boss. If you die and have to run back from your previous location and have to spend zeny on repairing is not a pleasant thought. To be safe side you can recast it when CD is over. With DOTS have to be recasted every 20secs(30 secs) and Ray every 20 seconds, you can cast HH right after every Ray if you like. But this is entirely upto you and depend on your gears/damage you get.

As for how 'safe', it depends on your total HP. Lets say if you have 9k HP and boss hit you 1k, you are safe even with 50%. But if your HP is 4k and boss does 1k damage then 50% if not safe. You will eventually know how much you can take. When your body and your char starts feeling like one XD

#15 ThePhoenix87

ThePhoenix87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

Well, you are probably "theoretically" true ^^ but I will stay on my HH build. Especially when you see that there are some sorcerers that don't use LOR at the right moment.. I had also a DPS ranger and I was glad to be alchemist to use my HP potions sometimes because some sorcerers didn't do their LOR skill. Some told me "I'm not a priest i'm a DPS" ... well I think every sorcerer need to be hybrid. But in the fact, not so easy to find good ones.

#16 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

Well, you are probably "theoretically" true ^^ but I will stay on my HH build. Especially when you see that there are some sorcerers that don't use LOR at the right moment.. I had also a DPS ranger and I was glad to be alchemist to use my HP potions sometimes because some sorcerers didn't do their LOR skill. Some told me "I'm not a priest i'm a DPS" ... well I think every sorcerer need to be hybrid. But in the fact, not so easy to find good ones.

Well, one may consider that there's a distinct possibility that that Sorc WAS full DPS specced, just like some Priests, Warriors and Monks you may run with in the future may be. Just because there's one generally accepted role for a class does not mean every single person who rolls that toon needs to spec it. I know on seaRO2 raid comps were very strict due to how the content was tuned, but coming from WoW where 10 mans generally required 2 healers (one for tank, one for raid) it really boggles me that double the healers is required for progression. If anything it just re-inforces class stereotypes since theres extra demand for healers, and unless a group is hard pressed to find DPS (lol) they wont want to take a full DPS Priest or Sorc since it just makes for extra Priest/Sorc loot competition.

You bring up another good point though, about using potions to heal yourself. While there ARE healers there in the raid it is your job, to an extent, to take care of your own HP. You sound like you already know that, but I guarantee that most casual raiders don't.

#17 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

I think even DPS sorcs have LOR. However, there is a kick function available for the leader if anyone doesnt do their jobs properly. :heh: Btw if sorcs dont put LOR in the late game dungeons everyone will scold the hell out of them and eventually will be kicked out of the raid. If you are referring to parties upto level 50 or RHM then it s a separate issue. Almost all the raids i lead, almost all sorcs had deluge and lor. If they didnt have i had them kicked out. :p_love:
Let me know how it works out when you are in COA hardmode with heal lvl 1 later. There is a high probability that you will change your skills later using a skill reset scroll.

Anyways, this is a guide only, not a rule set which is already decided. Which ever build you choose, i wish you good luck.

#18 ragnawind

ragnawind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Thanks for the guide. When I make my Priest character, i will probably become a Hybrid Priest. I will be oding a Knight character first, though.

#19 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

Thanks for the guide. When I make my Priest character, i will probably become a Hybrid Priest. I will be oding a Knight character first, though.

you are welcome.. And good luck.

#20 Chibante

Chibante

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

Thank you so much for the time you have spent doing this guide, cause i will be doing a priest.. i was going for FS, but i thought to myself "i will just be a healing slave/pawn for the others" like i was in other mmos.. but you made me think deep about it, and those results you have posted of pvp.. made me decide, Hybrid priest will be! XD thank you very much! :p_smile:

#21 PrinceNikki

PrinceNikki

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

I wanna thank you for your awesome job. I long to make an hybrid priest since my first char in iRo beta, and now I'm so glad I can finally do it, and thanks to your advices too!
I have a question about stat build. Your recommendations are:

I understand that the first one is if it happens to have a party most of the time, and the second one is if you prefer to go solo mostly.
In terms of healing per second, which is better, high int or mid int + mid agi? Does crit happen quite often in the second build, enough to overcome a better (almost) full int healing?

Edited by PrinceNikki, 04 May 2013 - 04:42 AM.

#22 Chibante

Chibante

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:52 AM

I just notice that you forgot to mention the skill "increase agility"
At least i don´t see it at "5. skills"

#23 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

I just notice that you forgot to mention the skill "increase agility"
At least i don´t see it at "5. skills"

Completely nerfed compared to RO1 version -___-

#24 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

I wanna thank you for your awesome job. I long to make an hybrid priest since my first char in iRo beta, and now I'm so glad I can finally do it, and thanks to your advices too!

You are welcome.

I have a question about stat build. Your recommendations are:

I understand that the first one is if it happens to have a party most of the time, and the second one is if you prefer to go solo mostly.
In terms of healing per second, which is better, high int or mid int + mid agi? Does crit happen quite often in the second build, enough to overcome a better (almost) full int healing?

In terms of healing, first one will always be higher. But since healing can crit, having AGL in your stats build-up helps your healing with crits.
One might argue that since crit rate is pretty low, there is no point in spending points on AGL. Also as level grows higher, if stats are not allocated in AGL, crit rate will come down.
But in raids/parties, crit heals save lives. Since if crit, it will be 2x heal.

With 2nd build, without epic equipments and cards, at level 50 you will have 10-15% crit rate i think. With the first one with the same equipments you will have 7-12% roughly.

Suppose it 10% crit for 2nd build and 7% for 1st build. Then 2nd build will have (10-7)/7 = 43% more critical healing than first one, where as first heal will have more non-critical heal than 2nd one.

Which to choose is entirely upto you to decide.

Edited by VachV, 04 May 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#25 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Thank you so much for the time you have spent doing this guide, cause i will be doing a priest.. i was going for FS, but i thought to myself "i will just be a healing slave/pawn for the others" like i was in other mmos.. but you made me think deep about it, and those results you have posted of pvp.. made me decide, Hybrid priest will be! XD thank you very much! :p_smile:

You are welcome..
Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users