VachV's Guide on Hybrid Priest - Everything you need to know - Page 4 - Acolyte - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

VachV's Guide on Hybrid Priest - Everything you need to know

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#76 IncognitoMan

IncognitoMan

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

Yes Oratio comes first before adoramus. If one go more on attack, then it s better to max oratio and allocate remaining on adoramus.

Would you say then that I should possibly allocate my points towards Oratio rather than max Adoramus?

My old build I was thinking about working towards was this

http://www.ro2skills...CeBdDrblfeA2oqA

It is currently like this: ( currently level 37 )

http://www.ro2skills...CeBdDrbkbdA2onn

And if we go with that.... would you suggest that I rather then max Oratio and then add the one remaining point to HH making HH lvl 4 ( I do PvE/Dungeons more than PvP and don't know if I will actually really participate much in PvP at all )

ex: http://www.ro2skills...FeBdDrbooeA2oqA

Thanks!

#77 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Would you say then that I should possibly allocate my points towards Oratio rather than max Adoramus?

My old build I was thinking about working towards was this

http://www.ro2skills...CeBdDrblfeA2oqA

It is currently like this: ( currently level 37 )

http://www.ro2skills...CeBdDrbkbdA2onn

And if we go with that.... would you suggest that I rather then max Oratio and then add the one remaining point to HH making HH lvl 4 ( I do PvE/Dungeons more than PvP and don't know if I will actually really participate much in PvP at all )

ex: http://www.ro2skills...FeBdDrbooeA2oqA

Thanks!

If you have less pvp, i suggest you can have something like,
http://www.ro2skills...eBdDrbnoeA1boqA

Definately max sacr.

Reason for max oratio is when you later do farming or if you join cols you can use asp+ME to dot a group.

#78 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

Honestly, I think that we can leave Blessing at lv 1 until job change to priest. Save the points for DoTs and Ray Genesis or get more level Highness Heal if you plan to max it.

the reason is Max HP bonus on below lv 25 is just horrible even on lv 3-5 bless simply because no one has more than 1500 HP at this point. Assume the most HP 1400 x 1.15 = 1610. It's not help much. If the boss hit you for 200 damage, you only endure 1 hit before die. If we die on Wolf and Izlude dungeons we can just respawn and retry. Boss is not that hard and annoying at this point.

My priest even only has lv 3 Bless at this point at lv 38 even when I plan to max this (I will max this later after got Sanctuary). On lv 35-45, lv 3 Bless got many max HP bonus due to higher HP growth on most 2nd class, even for Wizard that has poor HP growth...

Edited by Exvee, 03 June 2013 - 01:51 AM.

#79 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

Honestly, I think that we can leave Blessing at lv 1 until job change to priest. Save the points for DoTs and Ray Genesis or get more level Highness Heal if you plan to max it.

the reason is Max HP bonus on below lv 25 is just horrible even on lv 3-5 bless simply because no one has more than 1500 HP at this point. Assume the most HP 1400 x 1.15 = 1610. It's not help much. If the boss hit you for 200 damage, you only endure 1 hit before die. If we die on Wolf and Izlude dungeons we can just respawn and retry. Boss is not that hard and annoying at this point.

My priest even only has lv 3 Bless at this point at lv 38 even when I plan to max this (I will max this later after got Sanctuary). On lv 35-45, lv 3 Bless got many max HP bonus due to higher HP growth on most 2nd class, even for Wizard that has poor HP growth...

Well.. You are a priest and you bare a burden to keep your party alive(along with sorcs). Blessing is a group buff. 100 HP will have a difference when it comes to dungeons. It might well means completing your dungeon without failing or failing it. Well if it failed you can re-do it easily, but no one wants to fail their dungeon run and re-do again. I wouldnt. This is not a solo game, and surely playing priest comes with a great responsibility. Ignoring getting blessing up due to your personal skill setup is not advised.

If you take your own sweet time to get to level 50, make sure you keep your "supportive" role intact. In dungeons others are not looking for your DPS skills mainly. A priest will remain a healer no matter what his build is. But if you want to keep blessing at level 1 until last levels, then just forget about dungeons and continue solo quests. If not, alone the line, some players you party with say "dude, level 1 blessing? ***".

Also this guide doesnt address you to be a good battle priest, you can refer to another that. Like i posted in the top of the guide:

"This guide will let you play a Hybrid-Priest role in such a way, unless you show your skills others might think that you are a FS-Priest in some situations, and in other situations some others might think you are a battle priest. Also your role as a healer will never be questioned(Unless you play dumb - that cant be helped)"

#80 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

Well.. You are a priest and you bare a burden to keep your party alive(along with sorcs). Blessing is a group buff. 100 HP will have a difference when it comes to dungeons. It might well means completing your dungeon without failing or failing it. Well if it failed you can re-do it easily, but no one wants to fail their dungeon run and re-do again. I wouldnt. This is not a solo game, and surely playing priest comes with a great responsibility. Ignoring getting blessing up due to your personal skill setup is not advised.

If you take your own sweet time to get to level 50, make sure you keep your "supportive" role intact. In dungeons others are not looking for your DPS skills mainly. A priest will remain a healer no matter what his build is. But if you want to keep blessing at level 1 until last levels, then just forget about dungeons and continue solo quests. If not, alone the line, some players you party with say "dude, level 1 blessing? ***".

Also this guide doesnt address you to be a good battle priest, you can refer to another that. Like i posted in the top of the guide:

"This guide will let you play a Hybrid-Priest role in such a way, unless you show your skills others might think that you are a FS-Priest in some situations, and in other situations some others might think you are a battle priest. Also your role as a healer will never be questioned(Unless you play dumb - that cant be helped)"

I don't say you need to keep at level 1 entirely, you can just postpone for few levels. I already get lv 3 Bless as soon I become Priest but at first I don't see it's useful until Payon dungeon (which mostly you will touch on lv 30+, you can max Bless in this chance). Even I clear wolf and 2 Izlude dungeons with DoTs and RoG lv 2, I become tank, DPS, and healer (to myself) at once. Surely I can do better if I throw that 2 points from Blessing to max RoG first...Just make sure your melee DPS stay out and deal with boss slaves/adds whenever boss summon them...

It's just personal taste and opinions. I just say my own experience where on early dungeons DPS can be more useful. Still you can pick DoTs lv 1 and max Bless on lv 30 when you not touching RoG.

#81 Crow

Crow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

The one place I would recommend any starting priest to already have max Blessing at is Izlude Cave (Penomena to be exact). You can expect to do it somewhere around level 23 and hence the skill progression suggested by VachV seems optimal. If you opt to skip it (or do it after job change) I could maybe agree it doesn't make much difference in all the faceroll dungeons until Hell of Deadly Poison. After all - the more DPS skills the faster you level. It is simply not recommended for beginners and you need to be ready for occasional BM from other players.

#82 701130514115257950

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

Hello Vachv a question about the hybrid priest:
ive been having some problems in pvp specialy vs Ranger.. any advise you can give me here? :)

many thanks.

#83 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

Hello Vachv a question about the hybrid priest:
ive been having some problems in pvp specialy vs Ranger.. any advise you can give me here? :)

many thanks.

Start with ASP + judex. Then ray.. Soon after ray, use assumptio + reno and HH.. Then dot.. after that keep healing until asp is back and stun and ray.. Keep repeating.

But it depends on player to player..

#84 Crisp3r

Crisp3r

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

Thank you very much VachV for this build. It was quite a huge oportunity for me to get some pleasure by playing priest. I was leveling my toon in FS mode, it was a horror to hit monsters with 200+ dmg when at 49 lvl goblins had almost 4k. People always wanted to heave healer but no one ever wanted to help with questing. Well there was 2 guys in my lvling career who helped me but thats not the point. I changed my skills to these you presented and I felt again excitement by playing priest :) Coloseums started to be fun, couple quests, dailys and even today i won my first coloseum. In short Im glad i checked this thread and I realy Thank You for work you have done by making this build.

Edited by Crisp3r, 08 June 2013 - 12:35 AM.

#85 VachV

VachV

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

Thank you very much VachV for this build. It was quite a huge oportunity for me to get some pleasure by playing priest. I was leveling my toon in FS mode, it was a horror to hit monsters with 200+ dmg when at 49 lvl goblins had almost 4k. People always wanted to heave healer but no one ever wanted to help with questing. Well there was 2 guys in my lvling career who helped me but thats not the point. I changed my skills to these you presented and I felt again excitement by playing priest :) Coloseums started to be fun, couple quests, dailys and even today i won my first coloseum. In short Im glad i checked this thread and I realy Thank You for work you have done by making this build.

Glad it helped XD

#86 FloppyDiskDrive

FloppyDiskDrive

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

Question about Archangel skill, is this skill will only affect you or is it a party buff?. 

#87 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationChannel 5, Alberta, On top of a Lamp post.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Question about Archangel skill, is this skill will only affect you or is it a party buff?. 

Only you. 

#88 FloppyDiskDrive

FloppyDiskDrive

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

Only you. 

I see. Another question, Is Suffragium needed on RHD,Raid Party's?. 

http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

This is how i distribute my skill points and i have 4 points left and no idea where to put the rest, thinking on maxing HH, Sacrament or Sanctuary...

#89 Moonreil

Moonreil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationChannel 5, Alberta, On top of a Lamp post.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

I see. Another question, Is Suffragium needed on RHD,Raid Party's?. 

http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

This is how i distribute my skill points and i have 4 points left and no idea where to put the rest, thinking on maxing HH, Sacrament or Sanctuary...

Suffragium is still debatable in its usefulness. I had it maxed but i totally removed it after I respect cuz i cant see any difference at all.

I prefer putting the skill points in HH..
a lvl 1 sanc + aspersio is already enough to carry AoE's till CoA H.. with deluge of course

#90 FloppyDiskDrive

FloppyDiskDrive

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:05 AM

Suffragium is still debatable in its usefulness. I had it maxed but i totally removed it after I respect cuz i cant see any difference at all.

I prefer putting the skill points in HH..
a lvl 1 sanc + aspersio is already enough to carry AoE's till CoA H.. with deluge of course

I tried HH, the description says 'for both you and nearby allies', but it only heals the person who i casted it on, is it bugged?. or the person who i casted it on should be close to me?..

#91 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

I tried HH, the description says 'for both you and nearby allies', but it only heals the person who i casted it on, is it bugged?. or the person who i casted it on should be close to me?..

The description, like most of the translations in this game, is garbage. Highness Heal heals your target and two nearby (to the target) allies. Ex. If a tank, rogue, and sin are grouped up on top of a boss, you can target the tank and HH will hit both the rogue and sin. Or if you have a sorc and ranger close to each other, you can move in-between them and cast HH on yourself to heal you, the sorc, and the ranger.

#92 FloppyDiskDrive

FloppyDiskDrive

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

The description, like most of the translations in this game, is garbage. Highness Heal heals your target and two nearby (to the target) allies. Ex. If a tank, rogue, and sin are grouped up on top of a boss, you can target the tank and HH will hit both the rogue and sin. Or if you have a sorc and ranger close to each other, you can move in-between them and cast HH on yourself to heal you, the sorc, and the ranger.

Thanks for clarifying it.. Question again, Between Adoramus and Oratio, what should be left at 1?.. Adoramus has its casting but has a greater damage than Oratio, and Oratio is an instant cast...

#93 5489130505100655753

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Sorry to bother you, but I'm having trouble deciding on a build. Right now I'm considering using this one:  http://www.ro2skills...eBdDrbeEeA1boqA

But should I take the points off of sacrament and stick them on oratio ? Does sacr make a big difference or will I just not notice ? Not doing pvp at all by the way, too anxious for it.

Dang I don't even have a build yet and i'm stressing pfft. Idk it'll be a nice change from my hybrid sorc i guess.

#94 prismflower

prismflower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

Sorry to bother you, but I'm having trouble deciding on a build. Right now I'm considering using this one:  http://www.ro2skills...eBdDrbeEeA1boqA

But should I take the points off of sacrament and stick them on oratio ? Does sacr make a big difference or will I just not notice ? Not doing pvp at all by the way, too anxious for it.

Dang I don't even have a build yet and i'm stressing pfft. Idk it'll be a nice change from my hybrid sorc i guess.

Since you'd be a hybrid priest, that also means you would have to heal for many dungeons. You already have your best DoT maxed (Credo), and taking off points from Sacrament would be much more noticeable when you're healing than more points in Oratio when DPSing. Remember, Sacrament affects your HoT's as well, and every percent is important, let alone a full 10% value. If you're going for a maxed/3 points in Oratio as well, then you are already a DPS Priest.

I'd recommend taking off one or two points from Adoramus and activating Gloria. From personal experience, it procs quite often and could mean a lot, regardless of whether you are doing damage or healing. 

Also, I noticed you have only one point in Highness Heal. This is the heal you will be using the most, especially in late-game, leaving it at level 1 will make healing very hard for you. If you want to increase it without impairing the structure of your build much, I'd recommend taking off one point from Heal (it makes only a 3% difference), and couple of points from Blessing (later in raids and dungeons, there will often be a FS Priest who will have this maxed, so you would have it overwritten anyways). At level 3 it is somewhat acceptable, but make sure to always couple it with Aspersio before casting. 

Edited by prismflower, 04 August 2013 - 05:09 AM.

#95 5489130505100655753

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Oh wow, thank you so much for the help ! Yeah I can see how blessing when I'm solo would be a lot less necessary, as i'll probably be healing myself rather often regardless. Here's my new build based on your advice, and i think it'll work well http://www.ro2skills...ebdDnOoqeB1boqA

In hindsight, with Credo maxed, Adoramus really doesn't NEED to be maxed. I mean, I know the difference in DoT is sorta significant but Credo has a way bigger increase in % per level compared to Adoramus' 1% each. Thank you again for the aid, I was kinda worried uwu

#96 prismflower

prismflower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

Oh wow, thank you so much for the help ! Yeah I can see how blessing when I'm solo would be a lot less necessary, as i'll probably be healing myself rather often regardless. Here's my new build based on your advice, and i think it'll work well http://www.ro2skills...ebdDnOoqeB1boqA

In hindsight, with Credo maxed, Adoramus really doesn't NEED to be maxed. I mean, I know the difference in DoT is sorta significant but Credo has a way bigger increase in % per level compared to Adoramus' 1% each. Thank you again for the aid, I was kinda worried uwu

Also, Credo lasts 30 seconds, which, at the end, does really inflict the most damage out of all three. 

You're welcome! I think you're set with this build for now.

#97 fayefaustine

fayefaustine

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

Hello Mr. VachV it's been 2 weeks I'm walking on your path of Hybrid Priest.
I'm really amazed with your skill build guide starting at lvl 1-25. and it really help me a lot thanks!

I have some questions for, hope you willing to answer it  =)

before I ask the question I have a little story about my Hybrid Priest .

In the first place this is my very first char of this game, and I can say I'm totally newbie on this game (have no clue). So I decide to looking for class that able to solo and survive till end game (not in dungeon I mean) . So i found your Hybrid Priest Guid here and it's really inspiring me =)

Now I'm currently lvl 33 and lvl 36 of Artisan.
and this is my skill build :
http://www.ro2skills...dBeBdDqBdOeA2n1

and for stats currently going for INT 36 AGI 19 ( going to put more agi after that will put on VIT)

I have no clue what skill should I put after lvl 25, so I decide to put on DPS tree.
but at lvl 30 I join some guild and they tell me to focus on support role first.

In the end I'm not soloing again now. :heh:

and now my question are:
1. From my current skills tree should I max assumptio first and get sanctuary ? or I just max my DOT's skill ?

2. If I max my support skill tree first , on the DOT's tree what skill should I max first ? Crescent ? or oratio ? I don't really like Adoramus cause it has casting time.

I guess that's all about my story and questions, once again thanks Mr. VachV for sharing your guide to become Hybrid Priest :p_laugh:

#98 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Just for your reference, this guide is a bit outdated. With changes+updates here and there, These are my suggestions:

- No DoTs should be maxed except Credo. If you want more DPS skills, holy light will beat DoTs in end game..

- Gloria actually helps you especially on healing, pick it at least lv 1

- Renovatio must be maxed.

- Pick sanctuary then max Assumptio

- With your skill tree, seems that really small room to pick Arch Angel. Best just leave it 0 (just put points on Gloria)

#99 fayefaustine

fayefaustine

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Just for your reference, this guide is a bit outdated. With changes+updates here and there, These are my suggestions:

- No DoTs should be maxed except Credo. If you want more DPS skills, holy light will beat DoTs in end game..

- Gloria actually helps you especially on healing, pick it at least lv 1

- Renovatio must be maxed.

- Pick sanctuary then max Assumptio

- With your skill tree, seems that really small room to pick Arch Angel. Best just leave it 0 (just put points on Gloria)

Ahhh thank you for giving me a clue, and sorry I forgot to put Renovatio max on my skill build before.
I actually already max it

and here's the new one.

http://www.ro2skills...dBeBdDrbdOeA2n1

Uhmm so from my current build the only DoTs should I max only Credo?

and in the end my skill tree would be like this ?
http://www.ro2skills...BeBdDrbeBeB2oqA

6 SP Remain. Where should I Allocate the remain skill left ?

also for the stats should I go with 36/36/25

thanks for your help Mr.Exvee =))

#100 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

Ahhh thank you for giving me a clue, and sorry I forgot to put Renovatio max on my skill build before.
I actually already max it

and here's the new one.

http://www.ro2skills...dBeBdDrbdOeA2n1

Uhmm so from my current build the only DoTs should I max only Credo?

and in the end my skill tree would be like this ?
http://www.ro2skills...BeBdDrbeBeB2oqA

6 SP Remain. Where should I Allocate the remain skill left ?

also for the stats should I go with 36/36/25

thanks for your help Mr.Exvee =))

Should be good now. For leftovers, just depend on your need. Either Holy Light, Gloria, or High Heal. Up to you for more DPS or more healing...

Combination stats doesn't really matter, just make sure vit is not your lowest priority. If you go 36/36/25, the vit must be on 36.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users