Lore Consistency - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Lore Consistency

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#26 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Actually, I'm gonna do a new character to do and record all the quests... then I can make it available to players with RO1 to run the records with the replay system.

Was thinking of doing youtube videos but then, I don;t have that much time to edit each dialog window.

Edited by Kiryu, 26 April 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#27 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Lores:
Official website's localized version for RO2- http://www.playragna...ameInfo/History
Direct translation from kRO2 website - http://ro2wiki.org/w...gnarok_Online_2
RO1 lore discussion thread - http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=49821

#28 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

^thank you so much

#29 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

Lores:
Official website's localized version for RO2- http://www.playragna...ameInfo/History
Direct translation from kRO2 website - http://ro2wiki.org/w...gnarok_Online_2
RO1 lore discussion thread - http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=49821

Well, the history page does mention "Biolab" so it's rather plausible that it could very well be that one place..

#30 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Yes, Eremes is quite the enigma. I first thought he was the reincarnation of the one who died in Biolabs, but his RO2 concept art shows him with the Heart of Ymir in his chest. It's got to be the same guy if he has the Heart of Ymir, but then that leaves the question as to what the heck Biolabs Eremes is? Some people say he's a clone, but then there's no reason for the Biolabs scientists to capture all those other adventurers and experiment on them if they could clone just one of them.

According to the iRO2 site, the Abandoned Laboratory is indeed the Biolabs from RO1. Wonder what happened to make Lighthalzen go poof.

#31 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

Yes, Eremes is quite the enigma. I first thought he was the reincarnation of the one who died in Biolabs, but his RO2 concept art shows him with the Heart of Ymir in his chest. It's got to be the same guy if he has the Heart of Ymir, but then that leaves the question as to what the heck Biolabs Eremes is? Some people say he's a clone, but then there's no reason for the Biolabs scientists to capture all those other adventurers and experiment on them if they could clone just one of them.

According to the iRO2 site, the Abandoned Laboratory is indeed the Biolabs from RO1. Wonder what happened to make Lighthalzen go poof.

Aren't all of the BIolabs versions just ghosts/spirits? I mean, that's what they look like... Could just be amalgamations of hate.

Err, the Abadoned Lab is in a completely different part of the map, that's impossible. X_x Besides, this is supposed to be a different continent,

Edited by ODKN, 26 April 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#32 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

You can't have a ghost of someone unless he/she died first. Ghosts don't exist for no reason.

#33 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

You can't have a ghost of someone unless he/she died first. Ghosts don't exist for no reason.

A evil spirit could easily masquerade as whoever they wanted. Considering none of them have faces...and how many dead bodies are probably thrown down there.

I mean, if they specifically show you his corpse/body then I guess it can't be denied, but if they don't... Well, yeah.

Edited by ODKN, 26 April 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#34 Tamashiimizu

Tamashiimizu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Since i don't know how to post the direct image, i'll post the links =P
http://imageshack.us.../trueenemy.jpg/
http://imageshack.us...trueenemy2.jpg/

Well, the second image's about Sandstorm Fortress, the Assassin Guild that got destroyed in the Manwha. All the members got killed, except a few ones, one of them are the bosses from the dungeon, another one is Loki, and aparently Eremes is a member too. Lissur, is the noble NPC in front of Prontera Castle (RO2), but in truth, she is Russil, an assassin probably in the same level as Loki (she fights against him in the Manwha). Images taken from me in Sea server.

#35 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

Is there any quest from RO1 that says about Loki? Did he die? Juliana is still here. Eremes is still here. And who are the other 5 members of the Assassin of the Cross? Was Eremes one of them?

Edited by iyoter, 26 April 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#36 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Lissur Anailuj = Julianna Lucille (the Assasin Cross) from the manhwa

Quests introduced with Episode 14.3 (I think) feature Loki. Julianna is also supposed to make an appearance in RO1.

The manhwa itself only introduced Julianna and Loki as one of the 7 Assassins of the Cross before the author began working on RO1 full-time. It's possible that Eremes is another since his Biolabs ghost is an Assassin Cross, but no one knows for sure. RO1 and the manhwa are supposed to be pretty close on the Ragnarok timeline.

A evil spirit could easily masquerade as whoever they wanted. Considering none of them have faces...and how many dead bodies are probably thrown down there.

I mean, if they specifically show you his corpse/body then I guess it can't be denied, but if they don't... Well, yeah.

Evil spirits would be demonic manifestations. Not the same as ghosts.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 26 April 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#37 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Is there any quest from RO1 that says about Loki? Did he die? Juliana is still here. Eremes is still here. And who are the other 5 members of the Assassin of the Cross? Was Eremes one of them?

Loki is currently on the Mora Update of RO1

#38 Morth

Morth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationYggdrasil

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

It's spelled as 국왕 트리스탄 in Korean. Proper translation for this is "King Tristan". I honestly have no idea how it ended up being translated as Tristram since korean equivalent would be spelled 트리스트람.

Thank you very much for pointing this out, I had problems with naming King of Rune-Midgard (or Rune-Midgarts? I'm not sure about spelling this one too) appropriately very often, hopefully RO2 isn't going to have such issues. I'm really curious how much role will be given to the Queen (she's the one who appointed new king according to game's lore) and if she's going to take some important part in the story. Funny thing to write, her current name (Kamil) is reserved for males in Poland, Camille sounds more feminine. :D

Ahhh, RO2 Lore. I'm honestly curious where it goes, and if it explores a bunch of stuff from RO1. I've seen nothing about the Rekenber Corporation as of yet, but there was mention of Zed (see the letter here), who was also the High Priest of Rachel (which has apparently crumbled, and the descendants of which formed the Freyjanity).

I know your feeling, I'm eager to play more RO2 and uncover whole story on my own, I love connecting events from RO and finding their further consequences in RO2. While reading this letter I was like "Senior Elder Zed? Huh... High Priest Zhed Bekento from Rachel?! What is he doing here and how's that possible, maybe it's his descendant or Rachel cultists were blessed by Freyja somehow despite her hatred and frozen in time, or maybe Heart of Ymir from Holy Grounds' experiments extended his life?".

I'm also curious about how Eremes is still around (probably... the heart of Ymir?), and what Juliana's role is in RO2 (since she apparently has a card that matches her manhwa version).

I haven't read manhwa yet and I can only speculate about Bio Labs from RO perspective (I'm not familiar that much with Wolfchev's Laboratory so I'm basing my theory on Bio Labs 1-3), I remember "Cursed Spirit" and "Rebellion" quests mentioning something about experiments with fake Heart of Ymir. According to the storyline I made an assumption that maybe Rekenber Corporation caught some people (Eremes Guile included), took their DNA and produced clones to implement fake Hearts of Ymir into them - experiment was a failure, clone hosts for Heart of Ymir were not strong enough hence life force was taken away from them and mindless spirits of clones were released from testing tubes by faulty-working machinery.

Rekenber Corporation could invent a technology to extend life so their next research would become more successful, they needed as much DNA as possible so they could seal/hibernate experiment subjects into ice and hide somewhere (just like Rachel priests probably did with that boy covered by ice and sealed inside Ice Cave, protected by Guardian - Ktullanux). I may be wrong anyway, I'll be glad to uncover some story after official launch. That's one of aspects that "force" me to play RO2 more. :D
Best regards~!

Edited by Morth, 27 April 2013 - 04:22 AM.

#39 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

Thank you very much for pointing this out, I had problems with naming King of Rune-Midgard (or Rune-Midgarts? I'm not sure about spelling this one too) appropriately very often, hopefully RO2 isn't going to have such issues. I'm really curious how much role will be given to the Queen (she's the one who appointed new king according to game's lore) and if she's going to take some important part in the story. Funny thing to write, her current name (Kamil) is reserved for males in Poland, Camille sounds more feminine. :D

I know your feeling, I'm eager to play more RO2 and uncover whole story on my own, I love connecting events from RO and finding their further consequences in RO2. While reading this letter I was like "Senior Elder Zed? Huh... High Priest Zhed Bekento from Rachel?! What is he doing here and how's that possible, maybe it's his descendant or Rachel cultists were blessed by Freyja somehow despite her hatred and frozen in time, or maybe Heart of Ymir from Holy Grounds' experiments extended his life?".

I haven't read manhwa yet and I can only speculate about Bio Labs from RO perspective (I'm not familiar that much with Wolfchev's Laboratory so I'm basing my theory on Bio Labs 1-3), I remember "Cursed Spirit" and "Rebellion" quests mentioning something about experiments with fake Heart of Ymir. According to the storyline I made an assumption that maybe Rekenber Corporation caught some people (Eremes Guile included), took their DNA and produced clones to implement fake Hearts of Ymir into them - experiment was a failure, clone hosts for Heart of Ymir were not strong enough hence life force was taken away from them and mindless spirits of clones were released from testing tubes by faulty-working machinery.

Rekenber Corporation could invent a technology to extend life so their next research would become more successful, they needed as much DNA as possible so they could seal/hibernate experiment subjects into ice and hide somewhere (just like Rachel priests probably did with that boy covered by ice and sealed inside Ice Cave, protected by Guardian - Ktullanux). I may be wrong anyway, I'll be glad to uncover some story after official launch. That's one of aspects that "force" me to play RO2 more. :D
Best regards~!

The opening says that the Freyjanites were experimenting with the Heart of Ymir on Children, and Solomian la Christ supposedly has knowledge about Lighthalzen. So it's completely possible that they brought over knowledge from the old world. It's not odd for spiritual leaders to live for years on end...

Also, Julianna appears as a card, and not a very happy one.

Edited by ODKN, 27 April 2013 - 04:34 AM.

#40 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Loki is currently on the Mora Update of RO1

Can you tell me what is Loki doing there and what was the Mora Update all about? I tried googling but I gave up.

#41 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Midgard vs Midgarts is a tricky one. Midgard (미드가르드) and Midgarts (미드가츠) are used interchangeably by the Korean(and English) fanbase, but Rune Midgarts is the official(and correctly translated) name. Midgard is the name of a continent in Ragnarok world.

Edited by zr0rieu, 27 April 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#42 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Midgard vs Midgarts is a tricky one. Midgard (미드가르드) and Midgarts (미드가츠) are used interchangeably by the Korean(and English) fanbase, but Rune Midgarts is the official(and correctly translated) name. Midgard is the name of a continent in Ragnarok world.

Aww, Rune-Midgarts sounds so weird, though. That would mean Heimdallr and the other GMs/CMs have to refer to use as Rune-Midgartsians rather than Rune-Midgardians. (Or whatever would be the proper way to call residents of Rune-Midgarts.)

#43 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Aww, Rune-Midgarts sounds so weird, though. That would mean Heimdallr and the other GMs/CMs have to refer to use as Rune-Midgartsians rather than Rune-Midgardians. (Or whatever would be the proper way to call residents of Rune-Midgarts.)

Not a problem if they follow the old ways.

#44 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

Hey just want to ask about something in RO1. Was Himmelmez still alive there? What's her story in RO1? Because I just noticed that Himmelmez was mentioned in RO2's final quest, last word even (yeah I know I don't read quests often). I thought Sara killed her in the manwha? Wtf?

Edited by iyoter, 28 June 2013 - 02:50 AM.

#45 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

Hey just want to ask about something in RO1. Was Himmelmez still alive there? What's her story in RO1? Because I just noticed that Himmelmez was mentioned in RO2's final quest, last word even (yeah I know I don't read quests often). I thought Sara killed her in the manwha? Wtf?

Himmelmez makes an appearance in the Glast Heim Memorial dungeon instance. The instance is meant to explain the events that took place there and how it ended up in ruins. That is related to the story of the Royal Guards.

Why we call them ghost, I think at the end they are just clones at the end. Remember that little bomb we plant inside the Labs?

I really need to start doing all those quests again.

Because yesterday we were breaking our minds in my party when we found some stuff that explain some stuff from certain quests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users