The negativity is Astounding.... - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The negativity is Astounding....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

Why all the hate people? It seems that there is so much criticism for this game, mostly from seasoned RO1 vets. Of course this game is going to be different, IT'S A DIFFERENT GAME! People calling the graphics terrible while praising ro1's graphics... Really? They use the word "Timeless" to describe the 2.5d graphics of ro1, lol. What does that even mean, stop throwing idiotic words around trying to be all elite about it. The graphics are not terrible in ro2, I for one love anime style mmos.

Also, the cashshop... So much hate for supporting the company? You self entitled brats what everything for free. THIS IS NOT LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. This game cannot survive on permanent skins alone, lets compare the player base. League has over 35million players, say 50% buy skins, 17.5 million people. There are over 100 champs, each with 2-5 skins. Probably over 500 skins. You honestly think ro2 can produce over 500 costumes? Lol it's comparing apples to oranges. Ro2's player base will probably around 50k and that's being optimistic, how on earth will the company stay open? 50k players maybe 50% buy costumes, 25k maybe 50 or so costumes. THERE'S NO MONEY THERE! Not enough to keep the servers running and paying the staff and mods. I hear there elitist people speaking in their British accents

"Well now, here here, I do say, I shan't put a dime into this game, I refuse to support this ahem... Pay win win game, huehuehue"

GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!

Do you really think they will keep ro2 open if it does not generate income? Would you make a product, then give it away for free, what's happens? You keep making it and giving it away till you run out of resources and your forced to stop. Do we want this game we love to shut down? I don't think so. They are Pershing different avenues of income, temp costumes with end tenders, VIP, small buffs... And you all are so quick to scream OMG PAY TO WIN!!!! Hey guy, how about to wash some cars or cut a lawn or something so you can afford the $9 a month, IT'S NOT THAT BIG A DEAL.

#2 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:38 AM

are u done now?

#3 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

Done? With what? It just drives me crazy how you kids act. Nothing in life is free, it's about time you learned that.

#4 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

child i'm 47 don't call me a kid and you need to sit in a corner and stop ranting.

#5 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

Well, if RO2 fails they can always go back to RO1...cough cough.

#6 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

i like this game there are too many cheaters in ro1 hopefully this game dosn't have that problem that's my only concern really.

#7 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:46 AM

It amazes me how people can say~ Duuuur league of legends only has skins and they do fine, why can't ro2 just do the same? They say this out of ignorance, without looking things like genre, population, cost, inflation. It's really not the same thing people. And sorry Neji, didn't mean to offend you, this isn't about any one person, just from the general consensus of the community that infuriates me.

#8 Terr

Terr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

Kid's don't complain about money as much as adults.

oh how i love how everyone assumes people who complain or say stupid stuff are young kids. u_u

#9 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

it's ok any way you do a cash shop is going to piss someone off, i just think there is a difference in having pay to win and balance and with that said, off to work so i can be a cash cow when the server opens hahaha later.

#10 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

Kids do complain a lot actually. They want to be able to stay home and play all day, instead of finding a job and growing up. Then they get mad if the person who DOES have a job gets to spend money on the game. WAAAAAA IT'S NOT FAIR I DON'T WANT TO GET A JOB YET I WANT THE SAME THINGS THIS PERSON HAS WAAAAA!!! It's not even a house or nice car, it's 9 dollars. Figure something out. Stop complaining.

#11 Lhent

Lhent

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

I think maybe to better convey your concerns on negativity in the RO2 community, you should probably try to be a little less negative yourself. Not trying to down your topic, as I do see your points, but it's not positive in any way.

I understand your frustration. I've watched these topics here, and on youtube for a long time now, and only see people whining and complaining that this game is nothing like RO1. Well, it's not supposed to be, and the false assumption that this game should perfectly carry over the 'legend' of the first is the misconception of the fan base. They wanted to make something different from the first game, and I feel they succeeded, albeit all these WoW fan boys comparing it to such. A 3D game with quests, hot keys, and raids does not make a game like another. That, once more, is the fans and their simple-minded lack of depth.

But obviously, you can't force people to see this. They will believe their own opinions and such, and thus create a negative atmosphere. To battle them is futile. Let them believe what they want. It shouldn't falter your own likes. I like this game, and I plan to play and enjoy it regardless of what others say. :3

#12 Sonnen

Sonnen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

LoL has 35 million users or accounts?

#13 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

I think it was 36million individual players.

#14 VolunteerMod05

VolunteerMod05

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

These kinds of topics never go anywhere peacefully. Please observe forum rules and do not attack individuals and/or groups. Constructive criticism about game content is fine and appreciated, but not when you are attacking other players at the same time.

On another note, never count what you see in the forums as the majority opinion. Not everyone who plays the game browses the forums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users