Avarier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Locationtexas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

is there any way to tell on your own screen when buffs have expired on other party members? i'm trying to come up with the most efficient way of keeping buffs up..

and how exactly do you heal with the party window? :/

Edited by Avarier, 29 April 2013 - 12:06 AM.

#2 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

there is no way to tell if buffs expire on others. but that is solved as you become AB (canto/clementia/praefatio)

before AB I usually buffed the most important chains in a party. the pullers and damage dealers being my priority (also for healing).
after that I would focus down on the single target dealers like Blacksmiths, alchemists and eventually performer classes but tend to try to keep them alive if they need a heal.
supporting is having your priorities straight. keep the most important chains buffed to make everything go as smooth as possible. dont venture out alone to res someone. drag atleast a tank with you. so you also stay alive.

and as for healing through party window: open the party window, drag the window down so you have all members of the party on that tab. then press the heal hotkey and click on the persons name you want to heal. it also works with buffs ofcourse.

#3 WNxSai

WNxSai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

and as for healing through party window: open the party window, drag the window down so you have all members of the party on that tab. then press the heal hotkey and click on the persons name you want to heal. it also works with buffs ofcourse.

and lock it so you are not pming them instead

#4 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

Keeping Bless and Agi on all members is pretty annoying as priest / high priest but is easy due to party buffs as mentioned above. Also as mentioned, setting your priorities straight and knowing who to buff with the right buff plays a big role. One you have the main buffs done (usually with party buffs), then comes the somewhat minor but also important buffs. If you use praefatio on the party, one option is to then use assumptio right after on the tank. If the ranger is very close to one-shotting and just needs a small boost, Impositio and Odin's Power will make them able to one-shot it. Odin's is less duration than Impositio so just refresh the buff when Odin's runs out. Then for your main question, you can't tell when their buffs run out as mentioned already. But you can buff yourself with the same buff to know how long the duration is. Then back to the priorities issue, as using the buff on all 12 people is unnecessary and sometimes even harmful (odin's reduces def/mdef). This starts getting into how well you know the game and who needs what buffs most. It's especially evident when you get Sacrament, where this actually benefits only certain classes / skills in particular. You even get people who don't know their own class, where rangers and geneticists think sacrament will help them even though it does nothing for arrow storm and cart cannon as they are all variable cast time and zero fixed.

Anyway there's still a long way to go, but essentially the easiest way to keep track is to buff yourself with the same buff. If it's a single target buff then that is where you have to choose who are the main people who will benefit from that buff and prioritize.

#5 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

and lock it so you are not pming them instead

^this is done with the small lock in the bottom right of the party screen.

#6 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

is there any way to tell on your own screen when buffs have expired on other party members? i'm trying to come up with the most efficient way of keeping buffs up..

and how exactly do you heal with the party window? :/

Yes,there is a way.

I'm not home right now,so I forget the specific field this is in,but in your chat window,you can separate your chats for seeing your party members' buffs and you are able to choose that opt in chat window options menu.Just make sure you separate the chat room from your main ones,such as General Chat,Party Chat,etc.

#7 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

Yes,there is a way.

I'm not home right now,so I forget the specific field this is in,but in your chat window,you can separate your chats for seeing your party members' buffs and you are able to choose that opt in chat window options menu.Just make sure you separate the chat room from your main ones,such as General Chat,Party Chat,etc.

completely forgot about this one!

#8 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

Ahh right, that definitely works too. But most people I know disable this because it creates a ton of messages and gets really spammy quickly.

#9 lyna026

lyna026

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Buff yourself first, then others. When you're gone, they will be in a few secs. Start buffing again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users