• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Messi101010

Messi101010

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

is the earthquake element is neutral n not earth? so the only way to effectively tank it is using gr or dr?

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

yes exactly.

It's neutral and reduced by GR / DR / long mace / alligator / horn / blinding mist

#3 Messi101010

Messi101010

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

damm basically u r fked if u dont have dr or gr

#4 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Classic or renewal?

#5 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Unless you bring some more people, and/or use a linker, and/or use mercenaries...

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

Orc Lord's EQ is the weakest among all the MVP's though. It's still fairly easy to solo tank his EQ if you're high enough with the proper conditions.

#7 scrunch3y

scrunch3y

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

You could also bring a lot of people/bodies to divide the damage, lol!

#8 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Neutral barrier

#9 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

No really, Horn Card 35% resistance and Alligator cards i think 5% e/a

#10 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Neutral barrier

^this.

this is also why we need to get the mado suits fixed so that they dont disappear on death or at least let us resummon them with an inventory item

Edited by killedbytofu, 30 April 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#11 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

yes exactly.

It's neutral and reduced by GR / DR / long mace / alligator / horn / blinding mist

=o actually didn't know it was reduced by "long ranged reduction"s
Much easier to tank then with a horn card + gr..

#12 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

Hmm...weird...could've sworn after the balance patch, Neutral Barrier got nerfed so it doesn't act like an AoE GTB anymore (which allowed it to block things like Earthquake and KK's JT, not sure about Entwei's SG though), and just became a mobile pneuma. Has someone seen for sure that it still blocks earthquake?

#13 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Neutral barrier

Never tried but you sure this works?
I know you can cut off Hell Judge which is long ranged attack but EQ is magic...

#14 DrakzX

DrakzX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

er why u want to sacrifice alice card (40% reduction from boss) for a horn card (35% reduction) or i missed something?

#15 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Yeah I never understood why people would suggest the Horn instead of the Alice card. Xellie's just pointing out that it's an option for reducing the EQ damage, but it's not exactly what should be used in the first place. Frankly I'd just stick on as many racial reductions as I can before trying to get as much ranged reduction as I can if I'm trying to tank EQ. It's fairly easy on my Sorc without a GR/DR though. Energy Coat is 30%, +9 Immune HBP is 30%, Alice Valk/Immune Shield, AK Helm, etc makes it pretty easy to tank. If I can't tank it, I'd just pop an Aqua1 for the Sacrifice effect for it to tank 1 hit for me if there's no RG in the party.

As Kad suggested, bring more people or mercenaries. If you have few people, have every single one of them bring Mercenaries of their own. Mercenaries also count towards the damage splitting of EQ.

Edited by GuardianTK, 30 April 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#16 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Well if I was fighting ifrit in a group and wore fire armor+other fire resistance, his MS wouldn't kill me but his EQ would 1-shot so I guess wearing a horn card is better.
Unless you are solo-ing and you're tanking, go alice ofc

Question: Does summon flora (having 5 plants or smething) or Sera's Summon Legion count as split targets against EQ? I kinda doubt it does

Edited by michaeleeli, 30 April 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#17 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Well if I was fighting ifrit in a group and wore fire armor+other fire resistance, his MS wouldn't kill me but his EQ would 1-shot so I guess wearing a horn card is better.
Unless you are solo-ing and you're tanking, go alice ofc
Wait what?Alice card will also reduce EQ damage(and by a higher amount).

Question: Does summon flora (having 5 plants or smething) or Sera's Summon Legion count as split targets against EQ? I kinda doubt it does
No they don't since they are monsters.Monsters can't be attacked by other monsters except through traps.

#18 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Yeah I never understood why people would suggest the Horn instead of the Alice card. Xellie's just pointing out that it's an option for reducing the EQ damage, but it's not exactly what should be used in the first place. Frankly I'd just stick on as many racial reductions as I can before trying to get as much ranged reduction as I can if I'm trying to tank EQ. It's fairly easy on my Sorc without a GR/DR though. Energy Coat is 30%, +9 Immune HBP is 30%, Alice Valk/Immune Shield, AK Helm, etc makes it pretty easy to tank. If I can't tank it, I'd just pop an Aqua1 for the Sacrifice effect for it to tank 1 hit for me if there's no RG in the party.

As Kad suggested, bring more people or mercenaries. If you have few people, have every single one of them bring Mercenaries of their own. Mercenaries also count towards the damage splitting of EQ.

You actually needed people to tank the damage and alice shields for everyone in a full party might not be possible. AK helm, HBP, immune shield are all very recent gears, and I'm sure you know this, race/neutral/range don't stack. 65% reduction with just noxious, horn, alligator, and long mace, which were much more affordable.

#19 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

Hmmm Okay my bad I was just reading xellie's list and didn't see alice so I assumed alice doesn't do anything to EQ.
But yeah if that's the case no need horn then

#20 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

I lol-ed at OPs avatar. considering Barcalona wont make it to the champions league finals xD

but either way. the damage output of EQ is pretty strong on some mvps. the best way is neutral reduc stacks as high as you can. also what ^ he said above me... I dont understand why someone would gear up entirely for a few mvps with EQ. there arent many mvps which have it anyways so I dont see a problem with dying once maybe twice to it ~_~

also: If Ifrit for example is in power up, his attacks deal 3x damage, that also goes for Earthquake damage. your 65% reduction will not save you from his earthquake. same goes for Valkyrie.

Edit: if you have ever seen Valkyrie getting impatient, she will use EQ like a freaking machine gun

Edited by Minsyy, 30 April 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#21 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

You actually needed people to tank the damage and alice shields for everyone in a full party might not be possible. AK helm, HBP, immune shield are all very recent gears, and I'm sure you know this, race/neutral/range don't stack. 65% reduction with just noxious, horn, alligator, and long mace, which were much more affordable.

It still helps to add on whatever reductions you can on top of the race reductions. But yeah, I'm just pointing out the better options if you're not strapped for cash. You are most certainly right if you're going for cheaper options.

#22 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

Hmm...weird...could've sworn after the balance patch, Neutral Barrier got nerfed so it doesn't act like an AoE GTB anymore (which allowed it to block things like Earthquake and KK's JT, not sure about Entwei's SG though), and just became a mobile pneuma. Has someone seen for sure that it still blocks earthquake?

it now does 25% reduced dmg vs 100% which is still quite useful imo. can mean the dif between getting 1 shotted or surviving. havnt tested it on valks 75k dmg attacks yet though. will give update on that later =p.

im wondering if FAWs count as party members for the EQ formula though

Edited by killedbytofu, 30 April 2013 - 11:54 PM.

#23 Phantaminum

Phantaminum

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

If I'm not mistaken, EQ is only reduced by ranged damage cards/skills if you are more than 4 cells away from the mvp when it casts it. Nearer then it'll count as melee damage. Like GoH.

Edited by Phantaminum, 01 May 2013 - 04:43 AM.

#24 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:11 AM

^nope corrected

er why u want to sacrifice alice card (40% reduction from boss) for a horn card (35% reduction) or i missed something?

Alice Card + 2x Alligator + Long Mace: 52% reduction
Horn Card + 2x Alligator + Long Mace: 55% reduction

Other type of reduction that works: anti-race (especially anti-demon)

Edited by MeisterKirisaki, 01 May 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

antis race and anti boss redux works! It just matters what you're stacking and what you can afford.

Keep in mind that the same types of reductions stack better. So if you have more anti demon than anti ranged, that works. Also I believe that generic range redux stacks better with blinding mist and defending Aura. (tho don't quote me on that)

edit: Oh, noxious goes in with anti range

Edited by Xellie, 01 May 2013 - 05:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users