• 52 posts
  • LocationAtwater CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Did the install - Successful
Launched the program - Successful
Hack-shield works - Successful

But the login screen wont boot up!!! after the Hack-shield! What is going on this is driving me NUTS!!!!!

Please Please Help!!!!

#2 ragnawind

ragnawind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Does the screen go blank for awhile? Mine does this all the time before loading the Log-in screen about half a minute to a minute later, but I usually also have to click the blank area of the screen to get rid of the taskbar.

#3 djspeed

djspeed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAtwater CA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

My screen does not go blank, it just stays the same after the hackshield does it's thing. I even look in the processes and nothing. The launcher works perfect, it patches, and still nothing. :(

#4 ragnawind

ragnawind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

"Go to C;/Program Files (x86)/Gravity" from My Computer. Then, right-click the Ragnarok Online 2 folder and check the file size. The Size Row should say "4.07GB (4,371,835,194 bytes)". If it doesn't, try re-installing or doing a repair install with the installer. That should be the size of the program when it is fully patched. If it isn't, something may have went wrong. Also, what are the specs of your computer. An example would be the CPU with its speed and number of cores, amount of RAM, Video card or chip (AMD, NVidia, or Intel), and amount of graphics memory. Also, it wouldn't hurt to post what your computer is, if you haven't changed any parts in it.

#5 djspeed

djspeed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAtwater CA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

"Go to C;/Program Files (x86)/Gravity" from My Computer. Then, right-click the Ragnarok Online 2 folder and check the file size. The Size Row should say "4.07GB (4,371,835,194 bytes)". If it doesn't, try re-installing or doing a repair install with the installer. That should be the size of the program when it is fully patched. If it isn't, something may have went wrong. Also, what are the specs of your computer. An example would be the CPU with its speed and number of cores, amount of RAM, Video card or chip (AMD, NVidia, or Intel), and amount of graphics memory. Also, it wouldn't hurt to post what your computer is, if you haven't changed any parts in it.

Folder size of iRO 2 = 4.05 GB

As for my computer Spec

2.50ghz Quad Core. 4 GB of Ram. 32-bit windows 8 OS.

My video card is a : Nvidia Geforce GTX 460

Attempting the Repair Now!

Edited by djspeed, 30 April 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#6 djspeed

djspeed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAtwater CA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

Still a no go, I am to the 4.07 GB. I even have another computer with the same specs basically and exact same video card and it works fine... i just dont get it :(

#7 ragnawind

ragnawind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Let me know ho the repair goes. It seems your computer should be ble to run it just fine. You might need to grab the torrent link and verify the it detects all the files downloaded when you downloaded the game. You will need to use uTorrent for the torrent file. The only other thing to check is to make sure you are running the executable as an Admin. You can also see if you can use the Windows 7 Compatibility mode for Windows 8 to see if that gets it working.

EDIT: Now, after seeing that it works on another computer with the same basica setup, unless it is running Windows 7, try copying the entire directory from that computer to the computer it isn't working on. That sometmes gets them working. It might not help, though.

Edited by ragnawind, 30 April 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#8 djspeed

djspeed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAtwater CA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

Ya I have windows 8 on both machines, I copied it over from my main machine that works, to my wifes that is having the problem and still the same issue :( I do run it as Admin but still no success.

#9 ragnawind

ragnawind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Ya I have windows 8 on both machines, I copied it over from my main machine that works, to my wifes that is having the problem and still the same issue :( I do run it as Admin but still no success.

The only other things I can think of to try and installing and running CCLeaner on the computer that isn't running the game and see if that helps. You should do the Cleaner and the Registry. After that, the second thing is to install and run Malwarebyte's Ant-Malware, the free version, and do a full System Scan. If it doesn't work after that, I don't know what the problem could be.

#10 ragnawind

ragnawind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

One other thing you can attempt, try checking the options before launching the game, by clicking the button right next to the Start button. Then, set the screen resolution to the lowest setting in 32-bit and 16-bit. If that doesn't work, try again, but changing between Fullscreen and Windowed (the opposite of the one that was selected before)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users