The English Voices - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The English Voices

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#26 lamak666

lamak666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBLR
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

English voices are REALLY sucks. :p_omg: They blow my brain :sob:

#27 rosechelle

rosechelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

lolz its been americanized
i guess the original voices annoyed some people, but i would of thought more people play ragnarok for its style, the original voices is part of that

#28 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

People need to get over themselves. At least we didn't end up with this.

#29 Ethasi

Ethasi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationWisconsin
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEVs61zVUc8

HEY! Sindragosa has the voice of an undead dragon ANGEL!

#30 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

HEY! Sindragosa has the voice of an undead dragon ANGEL!

BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

#31 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEVs61zVUc8

Sounds fine to me.

#32 lamak666

lamak666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBLR

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

Sindra talk like a "pirate day" Ohoy me mate! :heh:

Edited by lamak666, 01 May 2013 - 11:16 PM.

#33 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

Sounds fine to me.

Try hearing it for six hours a day at least 3 days a week for six months or more.

#34 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

So tired of the stupid intolerance of english dubs. I very much prefer to hear spoken words in my native language. It's true not all the voices are perfect but hey guess what. That is reality. Not everyone you meet is going to have the golden voice.

Seriously, find a ladder and get over it. There's far more important problems with the game than bitching abuot the english dub.

#35 rosechelle

rosechelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

Seriously, find a ladder and get over it. There's far more important problems with the game than bitching abuot the english dub.

yes there was much more important things to fix, why spend time changing the voices when just as many people dislike the change and even be offended by the change, im not offended but to me its taking away something from it, if they messed with all the art because that's not American enough is that okay too? a good amount of people don't play ragnarok for its awesome gameplay but for its style

#36 LumLotus

LumLotus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

So tired of the stupid intolerance of english dubs. I very much prefer to hear spoken words in my native language. It's true not all the voices are perfect but hey guess what. That is reality. Not everyone you meet is going to have the golden voice.

I can agree that I would prefer to hear spoken words in my native language, though I highly doubt that its a direct Korean to English translation, but I can also see why others complain about the voices.
I think most of us were expecting slightly more serious toned voices and less cartoony ones.
Its not that I'm actually trying to complain about it but I think the voice actors and actresses may have gotten a little too artistic with some of the voices and just need to tone the creativity down a little bit.
I highly doubt that these are finalized voices or at least I would think its not because I can barely hear 80%~90% of them at normal volume anyways. :P
I would much prefer to hear English voices during cut scenes more than anything though.

#37 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

In the mountains.

#38 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

#3 for males really does sound like Johnny Bosch. All I can think when i hear it is Ichigo.

Edited by Maka, 02 May 2013 - 01:56 AM.

#39 Frah

Frah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Chaos RO1 Odin RO2

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

#3 for males really does sound like Johnny Bosch. All I can think when i hear it is Ichigo.

Yeah, & the korean voice-overs for males sounded like the voices of the characters from Fairy Tail.

#40 Santarina

Santarina

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

Is it warp portal did not change all character voice? I feel it voice not match at all. I found that my character get hurt voice and cast magic voice so different.

#41 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

Overall I do really like the voices, though like I said there are some questionable choices for character fits.

But people complaining just about the fact that they dubbed it... it doesn't make a lot of sense to have a game that is otherwise in English but there's still Korean voice-overs. Generally having character voices that're in the language a user speaks is more accessible to them; some people are outright turned away by subbing because they wouldn't have time to read and comprehend what was being said in the time it takes the character to talk. Besides, it's something that makes the game feel more localized, more like you have your own version.

After hearing the Korean voices for over a year now at this point, the English ones are a refreshing break for me. :p_swt:

#42 Hinano

Hinano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:20 AM

I have to agree that the voices are really terrible. Not the voice acting itself but the fact that it doesn't really FIT with the models of the characters? For example I see a young looking male model character but his voice actor sounds like some 50 year old burly man (´・ω・`;)

Though I don't think it's worth UNINSTALLING the game lol, just turn the sounds off ?? The character voices are okay though, just the NPC voices are weird.

#43 HyperK2

HyperK2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

I look at the mis-matching with a sense of humor really. It's like, they are so off that i think they must have just been having some fun with it and wanted it to be silly on purpose.

#44 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:39 AM

They should have asked the korean voice actors to do the english talk, would come with a little accent but still be more pleasant to listen to...

Edited by Morlord, 02 May 2013 - 04:39 AM.

#45 HyperK2

HyperK2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:50 AM

They should have asked the korean voice actors to do the english talk, would come with a little accent but still be more pleasant to listen to...

Coincidentally, a lot of the skills from the player characters were spoken in "english" in the korean version. So you got things like "DEADURY BRO", AKA Deadly Blow

#46 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

Try hearing it for six hours a day at least 3 days a week for six months or more.

That's pretty much a normal reaction to practically anything you hear at that amount. But that doesn't mean the voice is bad. lol

#47 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

I look at the mis-matching with a sense of humor really. It's like, they are so off that i think they must have just been having some fun with it and wanted it to be silly on purpose.

Yeah personally it just cracks me up.

#48 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

I like the English Voices...and I like Eremes Guile. >_>

#49 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

I agree that the character voice assignment is a little weird for some characters (most notably Sophie and the fighting trainer guy (forgot his name)), but for those who say that the Korean voices are way better, who knows that they truly are that much better. They sound good to us who don't speak or understand Korean, but I would like to know what native Korean speakers think of them. Some characters may have weird accents or sound out of place just like ours. We just don't notice it because we don't understand it.

#50 Reinalia

Reinalia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

im still trying to figure out who does female voice #4 i mean i cant really tell just from the "im ready" the voice says when picking it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users