Defiler still needs 17 SP allocated - Kruxena Shadows - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Defiler still needs 17 SP allocated

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 sias

sias

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:52 AM

Ok, I had a good talk with a 72 defiler.. Too bad he had S1 stuff and a very huge hp-pool, like 5.5k, which is insanely high if you ask me. Anyways, I've made my new build at the picture below, but I'm still doubting about where to allocate 17 SP. If I had more, I would know how to spend them, but we can't have it all can we..

So here goes my build:
Posted Image

1. Skills I wonder about taking are:

- "Bloody Arrow" from lv 1 to lv 10, why? This is my main attack skill, and extra damage is cool if I have to kite for some reason.
- "Blessing of Wind" from lv 1 to lv 10, why? This gives me +1297 evasion, could be worth it, however I personally doubt that, reason: commander acc. buff.
- "Shape of Fear" from lv 1 to lv 10, why? Well, always funny to make someone confused for 30 sec. Also works in pvp.
- "Shadow Binding" from lv 1 to lv 10, why? Immobilize someone could be handy, but then again, ppl can still use ranged attacks, or not?
- "Magic Mastery (Curse)" from lv 5 to lv 10, why? To have +20% curse damage instead of +15%. Worth it? I don't know..
- "Vampiric Touch" from lv 1 to lv 10, why? It's my only healing skill, but I think it will suck very much at high lv, not sure about that yet.

- "Fury" from lv 5 to lv 10, why? To get AoE confuse for 25 sec instead of 15 sec to solo or party grind easy on mobs.
- "Binding Soul" from lv 0 to lv 7, why? Stun, but lv way too high, stun way too short, and needs another SP for previous sucky skill.

- Other skills I should take or level up more?

>> I hope someone can allocate those last 17 points I've got left in a very good way.. Don't just say what skills I should take, but also say why please! Thx in advance!

2. What xeons should I use in my gear?

HP and con in my armor like that 72 defi said, so I'm not screwed when I get stunned? Or rather go for p.def in my armor to get less damage? Or go with evasion on my armor (which doesn't work properly I think)? Skill Crit. % xeons in the accessories, or something else?
So basicly, go for higher HP, or higher def, or higher evasion?
* Defense seems good vs all melee guys, damn rangers/avengers, and even mobs to grind, but doens't help anything against critical hits and magic attacks.
* HP seems very good since my hp is actually really low, and this stat helps against everything, mobs, physical or magical attacks, even helps out against critical hits. Problem I don't know, how much p.def = how much damage reduction? To see if HP is worth taking or not..
* Evasion seems good if it would work and would make ppl and mobs miss me or do insane low damage a lot more, problem tho, I've no clue if it works decently or not. Also don't forget the "Promise of Victory" skill from the commander that can add +5518 accuracy to 8 party members in a 30m range for about 30 min. So if this buff is on a person, my evasion won't help much to avoid attacks I guess, or would it?

>> So what's the best combination of xeons in my armor/accessory/...?

3. For DNA I was thinking about:

- "Strengthened Invisibility" lv 10, reason: +11% evasion
- "Strengthened Deadly Bomb" lv 10, reason: +586 damage to 10 targets
- "Strengthened Curse Effect" lv 1, reason: 1 DNA point only, but +100 damage to 8 targets
- "Strengthen Blood Storm" lv 1, reason: 1 DNA point only, but +27 damage to 10 targets
- "Swift Vampiric Touch" lv 10, reason: instant heal (Healing amount worth it at higher lv? I still have to stand still then when I use it?)
- "Swift Fury" lv 10, reason, instant cast (worth it?)
- Other DNA maybe?

>> You can see I'm going way over my 25 avaible DNA points, so seems I need some help here too..

------------
EDIT: THIS IS THE BUILD STARTING FROM LV 60, Before lv 60 I'm playing the SH/defi in a different way, for easier leveling, so don't give me advice for anything below lv 60 please! I will use a restat at lv 60 anyway to get the build I posted here on the picture.
------------

Greetz,
Wannabegooddefi ;-)

Edited by sias, 19 October 2010 - 10:59 AM.

#2 Alexandar

Alexandar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:17 AM

1. Skills I wonder about taking are:

- "Bloody Arrow" from lv 1 to lv 10, why? This is my main attack skill, and extra damage is cool if I have to kite for some reason.

dude if you`re killing 1 mob you`re gonna use traps on it ? Take that skill . I have no idea why some ppl miss it in their builds

#3 TigerNinja

TigerNinja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:52 AM

Few things I have learned. First, we will address your build.

Max curse mastery. Just max it.
Remove points from bloody spear. You only need 1 point as a filler.
You don't need fury at 79, but it is kinda nice getting there (before 72 trap fury has saved me more than I can count).
Remove the 1 point in Blessing of Wind.
Personally, 5 points in the melee stun is deh niceness (+ 1 filler = 6 points used).
Max Arrow of Ruin :s.

Now to your actual questions, if you pvp.
1) Shape of fear, its a needed skill i'd say.
2) BA, no. Least not personally, I aoe :P; getting into a 1 on 1 match in pvp and not using your aoes, you're likely to lose anyways.
3) Vamp touch level 1 is enough. It only works in pve anyways, in pvp you crit like a loltastic 300 with it on max curse resist. However, it will be becoming aoe soon, so think about investing in it then.
4) Shadow binding isn't needed to 10. Spend some DNA if you want the duration.
5) Since you are just leveling, for the love of god keep fury. Terms of Service fails like no other until around 69, even at 69 I'd have to pull less than optimal mobs because it still liked to fail. Now at 72 I'm finding I don't really need fury anymore, but I will keep it anyways until I get hit the new level cap and the aoes start sucking my poitns away.

Ok, now onto gear. Skill crit in jewels, and reinforced jewels. Make a set of +15 jewels this weekend! Also, if you plan on keeping the jewels for a while, use IM skill crit xeons, not the .3/.3 mob drops.

Evasion works, but you need ALOT of it to feel it, and it only seems to really work in PvE. Defense is always good; personally, after some advice I've received, I'd cram IM curse xeons into a 65 FOC set and roll with that. HP is nice too, but unless you get s1 hp reinforced sets, forget about it; you only need HP until Terms of Service is out, after that you need to kill whatever you have trapped in one cycle. Terms of Service fails, Terms of Service fails, you will likely die anyways.

defense, there is a thread on the forums somewhere (maybe old forums) that contains a very good approximation of the logarithmic formula used for defense damage reduction. All I can say is 2.7k is 80% damage reduction.

Promise of Victory is a joke; acc doesn't do diddly squat.

DNA wise, personally I have Deadly Bomb DNA maxed (will be 10 in like 3 levels), one in blood storm, one in curse effect, and the rest god knows where.

lemme know if I missed something :S.

Edited by TigerNinja, 19 October 2010 - 11:52 AM.

#4 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:28 PM

I'll just write a few basics down....

Curse Attack - lvl1 filler
Bloody Arrow - max on lower lvls for more powah, on 66 reskill and get it lvl 1
Rake Nail - same as bloody arrow
Invisibility - Max and DNA it.
Blessing of wind - max in pve build. drop in pvp build
vamp touch - lvl1 for pve, not needed in a pvp build.
Shape of Fear - lvl9-10 for pvp, don't need it for pve
Shadow Bind - I like a few pts in it for pvp, in pve ya don't need it.
Lith. terror - just no.
soul shield - no
illusion - not bad as filler for js grind. illusion eats one stun from mobs. I had it till lvl 75, then dropped it.
kazara and lenny - no
Curse Mastery - max it omg what is wrong with you why do you even doubt this T_T

okay so now the defi skills:

Blood Moon - lvl 1 as a filler for binding soul, no pts in this if ur going pve only
Binding Soul - lvl 5 for a 3 sec stun in pvp. ya don't need it in pve imo
Bloody Spear - now most ppl don't take this further than lvl 1, I had it maxed up till lvl 75. it's okay to keep it at lvl 1 really, I just used it coz for one thing I had pts, for the other it looks sexy when it crits big xD
Arrow of Ruin - Max and I like 3 DNA pts in it for more range.
Deadly Bomb - I like it maxed and with 5 DNA pts
Blood Storm - max and at least 1 DNA point in it. I decided to put more for -_-z and gigglez
Deadly Fog - Max
Curse Effect - max and 1 dna point. tho if you REALLY need pts elsewhere lvl 5 is nuff for max range
*skill that is filler for Terms of Service* - lvl 1 filler
Trap of stiffness - ur precious - max
fury - s2 fury is a freaking joke, I hate it like the pest, never got it since I found out it's flaws when s2 launched.

gearwise:

+15 reinforced magic jewlery if possible enchanted with ion mine skill crits.
+10 FoC sylkia armor OR +10 FoC sylkia helm and shoulders and +15 FoC nella OR + 10 FoC sylkia boots, gloves and shoulders and biskra set

weapon:
best wand you can get for ur lvl + tbf magic shield

enchants:

jewlery ion mine skill crits
armor - resists for pvp, ion mine curse dmg xeons for pve or def xeons or sth...
weapon - skill crit up III-V

#5 TigerNinja

TigerNinja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

but but but I r using teh sex staff!

#6 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

I was generalizing :P

#7 sias

sias

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:48 PM

First of all, thx all, still haven't figured it out tho, but I think I'll just go full pve or so at first, then reskil at 60 and go full pvp or so, dunno yet. I've no idea where I could get the lant for 2 skill resets, so don't think I can afford another skill reset after I changed my skills at lv 60..

Curse Mastery - max it omg what is wrong with you why do you even doubt this T_T

Well, it's +15% damage with the first 5 SP, and only another +5% damage with the last 5 SP, so the first 5 are needed, last 5 are optional. Also, there is nowhere written that this curse damage increases all our damage. Since some skills have a description as "curse" damage, and others don't have any description about what type of magical damage they do. Since it's not specified, we all think it is curse (me too by the way), but I'm not really sure about it.

illusion - not bad as filler for js grind. illusion eats one stun from mobs. I had it till lvl 75, then dropped it.

Illusion lv 1 or ...?

Personally, 5 points in the melee stun is deh niceness (+ 1 filler = 6 points used).

You serious about this? 6 SP for a 3 sec. stun? You can cast about 1 skill after you stun, or you really have time for more?

dude if you`re killing 1 mob you`re gonna use traps on it ? Take that skill . I have no idea why some ppl miss it in their builds

Cause "Bloody Arrow" is used as a puller skill, not a killing skill. I don't think lv 10 one of this does a lot more damage than a lv 1 at high lv. At low level it does for sure, but then again, casters are overpowered at low level anyway, and leveling up at low level isn't hard with some reinforced gear. Is there actually anyone how ever tested this out? I mean, use the skill at lv 1 for about 100 times, see what average damage it does, then pimp the skill up to 10, attack the same mobs again 100 times, and see again what the average damage is, and compare that with the previous test. It has to be a high lv defi/domi tho, and I sure don't have the lant to test this out, lolz

Lith. terror - just no.

Can't lv 1 be a life saver in specific situations? Also, in S1 there was a skill (I think "Blood Storm") that DID damage while someone was lithified, even tho the skill says that person can't receive or deal any damage while it's lithified. Anyway, could be that they removed this, so I need confirmation from someone that can test this out for me. Anyone?

Why does everybody love to max "Arrow of Ruin" and hate to get "Bloody Spear" up to a level higher than 1?

Greetz,
Wannabegooddefi

#8 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:57 PM

all ur skills are curse no question about that. curse mastery is the greatest thing soul hunters got. other classes have to dna their passive's to have results that aren't nearly as high. plz max it or I will slap you ><

yes illusion lvl 1

3 sec stun is great in pvp. some1 comes close, stun, cast Terms of Service. it's a time buyer. a great time buyer. as a defiler you have a range of crowd control spells, and this is a spell you dun wanna miss in pvp.

lith terror has officially been made useless. the range was shortened to 4m, the target no longer takes dmg from aoe's like it did before. if some1 is in 4m range then just use the insta cast melee stun - binding soul. if you waste time on casting lith ur dead meat.
arrow of ruin has higher dmg and it's a splash aoe - when it hits the target it hits more targets in a certain range no matter what their position, bloody spear is a pierce aoe - it hts targets in one line.

#9 TigerNinja

TigerNinja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:57 PM

Yea, Ray touched on it all.

Since all your skills are curse, make sure you max that curse skill... extra curse damage is extra damage is nearly as deh sex as Ruans.

Remember binding soul is only really for a pvp build, no need for it in pve only.

Don't you dare put more than 1 point in BA, simply not worth your time. Very rarely will you need to kill 1 mob at a time (or shoot more than 2 bursts at it); even when you do need to kill a mob 1 at a time and Terms of Service is on cd just cast your aoes over yourself. Problem solved.

#10 Lemiwinks

Lemiwinks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

Target still takes dmg from existing dots even after lith. But the 4m range makes it poop.

#11 TigerNinja

TigerNinja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:02 PM

yea but unless you're working together with Lanka (and I think the only dot druid ever) its kinda pointless.
+ you're :P 100% of the time if anyone gets within 4m's and you try to cast something as long as lith.

Edited by TigerNinja, 20 October 2010 - 04:03 PM.

#12 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:12 PM

I maxed BA. After aoes are on CD or maybe I come across just 1 person...i'm not gonna use aoes on 1 person. When I took my defi to TBF I was spamming BA often. Of course it doesn't need max points to spam it....but I love big balls :P

#13 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:18 PM

:P

#14 TigerNinja

TigerNinja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

Meh if I run into one I'll fear or pewpew with level 1 ba. not a big damage difference between maxed and level 1 anyways.

#15 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:44 PM

Currently I use this build. http://www.requiendium.com/?bid=10028

#16 sias

sias

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:44 AM

Thank you all! And I got great answers now..

This will become my final build (for now):
Posted Image
Could be I won't take lithify at all or that I switch other points, because I don't know them yet. I'll know that when I can test the skills out the first time. I'm reskilling at 60 anyway, so I can test out every single skill before I decide on my final build. It could even be that I'm reskilling at 78 or so when I really get that high, and get enough money for it, but I'm not sure about that. Anyway, no worries about that, and thanks again to you all for the quick replies!

Greetz,
Wannabegooddefi

Edited by sias, 21 October 2010 - 09:51 AM.

#17 TigerNinja

TigerNinja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

only like 2.5mill for a reset at current prices; you'll make that with fair ease if you work at it later, specially as a defi.

#18 Lemiwinks

Lemiwinks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

Lith could come in handy in some pve situations when an extra cc could save your life. 1 point, I think I`m gonna leave it there.

#19 Spieler09

Spieler09

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

I'll just write a few basics down....

Curse Attack - lvl1 filler
Bloody Arrow - max on lower lvls for more powah, on 66 reskill and get it lvl 1
Rake Nail - same as bloody arrow
Invisibility - Max and DNA it.
Blessing of wind - max in pve build. drop in pvp build
vamp touch - lvl1 for pve, not needed in a pvp build.
Shape of Fear - lvl9-10 for pvp, don't need it for pve
Shadow Bind - I like a few pts in it for pvp, in pve ya don't need it.
Lith. terror - just no.
soul shield - no
kazara and lenny - no

okay so now the defi skills:

Blood Moon - lvl 1 as a filler for binding soul, no pts in this if ur going pve only
Binding Soul - lvl 5 for a 3 sec stun in pvp. ya don't need it in pve imo
Bloody Spear - now most ppl don't take this further than lvl 1, I had it maxed up till lvl 75. it's okay to keep it at lvl 1 really, I just used it coz for one thing I had pts, for the other it looks sexy when it crits big xD
Arrow of Ruin - Max and I like 3 DNA pts in it for more range.
Deadly Bomb - I like it maxed and with 5 DNA pts
Blood Storm - max and at least 1 DNA point in it. I decided to put more for -_-z and gigglez
Deadly Fog - Max
Curse Effect - max and 1 dna point. tho if you REALLY need pts elsewhere lvl 5 is nuff for max range
*skill that is filler for Terms of Service* - lvl 1 filler
Trap of stiffness - ur precious - max
fury - s2 fury is a freaking joke, I hate it like the pest, never got it since I found out it's flaws when s2 launched.

mhh not bad not bad

but i said max curse effect dna and dont wast points for range for aor
blood spear yes nice but he udse it like a spear and not all mobs get dmage from it.
aor of cause max that
deadly bomb maybe max maybe not- but max dna is nice so y did ~750fix damage with lvl 1; at max with dna ca 1k(but 9 points more)- if y had points 5 is good for max range
yes fury not really needed,if y max lvl- only to use against domis^^

blessing of wind -yeah evasion sucks and here y get a bonus from 2-3k evasion (depense on y base evasion,and inv. skill)

curse mastery - because he save 5 points = 5% more damage

so if y want reskill or an end pvp build???

if y grind and y grind trust me y need some skills y never use in pvp

so in js y need hp hp and damage

- blessing max
- maybe binding soul for single mob or garuda
- fury and yes its :) but it can save y ass
- foc armor 65 er or 66er with hp
- ornaaments with skill crit and hp
- hp staff, or good wand with infi shield

but maybe max binding soul in y endbuild

Edited by Spieler09, 21 October 2010 - 12:34 PM.

#20 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:25 PM

range aor is really sweet. test it out. you'll notice the difference ;o

#21 huancone

huancone

Amateur Blogger