Ragnarok: Design a Mount! - Page 2 - Forum Event: Design a Mount! - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok: Design a Mount!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#26 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

How long do we have for this?

I'm working on a new mount (not just a "I stuck a character sprite on a monster") and wanted to know how much time I have for a serious entry...

#27 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

How long do we have for this?

Yes, that would be very interesting to know.

#28 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

All these entries remind me of the 2.0 guild dungeon monsters.

terribly enlarged and completely ridiculous. I hope none of them are seriously considered.

#29 Catt

Catt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:01 PM

Seriously, the gunslinger mount is lazy and stupid.
While a motorcycle "sounds" cool, they aren't THAT far ahead of the rest of Rune-Midgard, technology wise.
Gunslingers need a good old fashioned movie-style cowboy's horse.
A PLAIN HORSE.
Not a recycled swordsman mount.
Not a motorcycle.
A HORSE.
Like the gunslingers and desperados of the old west.
I was talking about this with one of my friends who doesn't play RO and they said that a peco-peco or a motorcycle were completely idiotic and that the obvious choice for a COWBOY-BASED CHARACTER CLASS would be a horse.
Even people who don't play RO know this is freaking stupid.

Edited by Catt, 27 October 2010 - 04:05 PM.

#30 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:09 AM

Allow Wanderer to have a Cornus as their mount :(

I was thinking a peagasus too, would match their motif. Or a giant swan mount o_O

Wonderswan powers, activate! Form of! Giant Swan!

#31 SamuelAdams

SamuelAdams

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:17 PM

Class that rides: Taekwon Kid (Or any of the other TK's maybe? Soul linker?)
Mount name: Hyperactive Squirrel (Has to move pretty fast, like cart boost genetic, otherwise they'll just use sprint everywhere)
Mount concept: A large squirrel tk's have trained. The first of them was said to be trained while the first Taekwon Master was practicing out in the far forests. (Or something along those lines)
Images: Something like this. A bit smaller? (I have paint... So yeah not shrinking it with that program. Person would be on the back of the squirrel, wouldn't mind one that runs on all fours either)
Posted Image

Edited by SamuelAdams, 13 November 2010 - 05:52 PM.

#32 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:02 AM

As many of you have seen already from various internet sources, Ragnarok Online is getting Mounts designed for all classes. Certainly this is neat, but I want to give you as much information as we have regarding it, as well as an invitation to throw your own ideas into what would make a great mount for your class.

1st: The mounts are unique to each class. The Novice class gets a Poring for instance, whereas a mage gets a Nine Tails.
2nd: These are going to be Kafra shop rental items. They will be inexpensive and last weeks/months.
3rd: You summon them with an item, with a casting time of a second or so, and you get increased movement speed while using the mount.
4th: Skills and attack are disabled when using the mount

Each RO partner gets to request what mounts they want for each class. Default ones will be available of course, but if we want something different then we have that option available.

Ok first of all, this is brilliant! Can we put out some advertisements with this when it gets implanted???

But quick question, is it 100% set to be a rental item (by contract or something)? Or can IRo choose to change this? To me this would seem... Funny but useless (as mentioned in other posts^)... I'd much rather have to buy this once (just make the price a little higher) then having to buy it 'over and over'. I'd put me off buying it for more then 1 time actually so it would beat the whole point (which is of course, bringing in money). If I'd only have to buy it once for each char, I might actually buy it with all my 18 chars :( (ok maybe not with ALL of them, but alot!)

I'd think this would be a thing to take, focus advertisements on (we need ads), and like Callie mentioned, make it rental on the Valk server and the premiums should get this as a permament item (still kafra shop of course, we can't have it not bringing in extra cash). It would still rake in a ton of cash (everyone is gonna buy at least one prolly) and might cause more people to tranfer to premiums... Alot of Kafra shop items are more a novelty then anything else, but having to renew an item that does nothing more then speed+appearance should not be a rental item... It's like a rental peco wings, only worse since skill and attack is completely disabled... :D

#33 Uruwashii

Uruwashii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:08 AM

arch bishop/priest/acolyte would be fitting on the llama. ^___^

#34 Mystichobo

Mystichobo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

I am really surprised no one has made a bunch of female characters riding hode mounts.

#35 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:52 PM

I am really surprised no one has made a bunch of female characters riding hode mounts.

That's because the subforums are so well-hidden.

#36 ValkyrieVendetta

ValkyrieVendetta

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:50 PM

I don't usually care for mounts, but the ninetails mount looks EXTREMELY cool and I would definitely buy the mount for my sage/whatever class gets it just to run around looking BAMF.

#37 xXLuckyXx

xXLuckyXx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:52 PM

I say, try to keep true to the classes description/story line.

Assassin's storyline would go well with "poison" type monsters, so...poison toad, anacondaq, anything along those lines. Rogue would tie in with monsters that 'steal' stuff, so...seeing them on a scavenger type monster would fit the description there. I'm thinking, like...a Hyena, or something to go along with the new 3rd class sprite.

Knight/Sader seem to be well focused on 'chicken' like mounts, so a regular Peco would fit the 1st class Swordie perfect.

Hunter/Sniper seem to have a Bird tied in with their storyline, along with a Wolf...there-fore a Gryphon, or Desert Wolf would be a great mount for Archer. Bard/Dancer would go well on a mount that is known for its vocals or grace. A Swan would go great with it, I don't have any other ideas for it though.

Acolyte on an Alpaca seems extremely funny! I like the idea of that. As for Priest, they should be given some sort of "holy" mount. Monk would need a strong-fearsome mount to go along with their job description.

Merchant would look good on a robot,or mineral based monster same with Blacksmith. Maybe a Mineral from Einbroch mine?? Alchemist, seeing as how their storyline and job description/skills involve plants of some sort, a plant mount would go well with them. Maybe a mutated version of the "Piranha plant" from Super Mario?? :D

Super Novice would look cool on an Angeling or on of those monster, Arch Angeling, Deviling...something along those lines.

The 2nd class mounts could easily just be stronger/more evolved forms of the 1st class mounts.
For the Extended classes, like Taekwon Master maybe have a mount that involves their skills... Solar,Lunar,Stellar union a Lori Ruri (a moon) would be a good mount, as for Solar and Stellar type mounts, maybe a Heater for Solar (heat), for Stellar, I'm not too sure on a good mount. :/

Ninja, seeing as how original ninjas were focused on animals like dragons and mythical stuff....perhaps a dragon type monster for a mount would go well with it.

Gunslinger, hmmm....using some ideas from previous posts, a horse would be a good mount.

hopefully some of these help!

#38 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

Pecopeco variation = no. Even a grand peco is rehashing...

Keep in mind any of the ones Heim posted that look very good will likely be implemented because they've put that much effort into it. But if there is one for each class...that's a lot of mounts ^__^!

I think this is a great idea though! MVP mounts would be cool. And I think the period incarnation morroc is probably more like exorcist and some demon child has eaten its way through or something -_-ed up. I mean the game comes from korea...seen those horror movies? Eesh!

#39 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:25 PM

Having a MVP mounts is a good idea.. But i think designing our own or at least showing a NEW Monster/Thing to be ride on is better...
Once they implement a new monster mount, they will prolly (with high chance) make it as a monster we can fight against..

I cant wait to see a Cerberus MVP!

#40 lightrain

lightrain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

I didn't like mount for aco and archer ,but I liked the mount for mage

#41 MJneko

MJneko

I made it Off Topic

• RO Fungineering
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

Someone please make a hode mount <3

Kekekekee~~

Posted Image
I made this one back in '04 xD...

#42 paLDube

paLDube

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • Locationheaven
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:leonis

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:08 PM

i think the toad was the coolest

#43 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:19 PM

Posted Image
I made this one back in '04 xD...

Haha it's awesome XD

#44 Kinnay

Kinnay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAkron, OH

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

Allow Wanderer to have a Cornus as their mount :D

To keep the bird, maybe a giant peac0ck? That would be nifty... Bird with a fancy tail... Something like a Ho-Oh from Pokemon.

Also...
Merchant: Something Einbroch inspired. A little drivable cart... Maybe something like what Pitmen have?
http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1616/

Gunslinger: A regular Peco is SUPER dull. A dusty old horse missing like... An eye or something would be super badass.

Edited by Kinnay, 07 January 2011 - 09:59 PM.

#45 AnimeHeart

AnimeHeart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

I personally didn't like the aco's mount, but the mage class mount was awesome!!

#46 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

Posted Image

I want to ride this, I don't like the savage a lot :angry:

#47 Jaslyne

Jaslyne

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationHere, here and here

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

Posted Image

I want to ride this, I don't like the savage a lot :angry:

It's kind of funny you post this...like two nights ago I made something similar.

Posted Image

I can't wait for Bayeri.

#48 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

Haha cute XD you animated it~

#49 iCare

iCare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

Riding a Homunculus S is not a good idea since you cannot get best of both world. I dont wanna Ride a monster same as my Homun..

#50 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

How long will this "Design a Mount"-Event go on?
I haven't had the time yet to create one for the Assassin Class, but i will as soon as i have time!

For now, i only leave this here:

Class that rides: Assassin Cross (actually all Assassin stages)

Mount name: Devastas (mix of latin words: "devastare"(desert) and "dipsas"(poisonous snake))

Mount concept:

A brown-ish, sand-ish colored big Snake, yet with a normal head (No cobra head thingy).
Eyes should be small and dark yellow colored.
It should have dark purple arrow markings >-(:D>>>>>>> to indicate the Poision aspect of an Assassin Class character, yet they should only be hardly noticeable.
As harness there should be a saddle out of brown and partly tattered cloths and brownish-black leather rains, with a skull marking and dark purple poison marks.

The leather rains should be attached like this:
(will be more specific as soon as i get to draw the picture)

Posted Image

Edited by Morlord, 29 January 2011 - 05:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users