From the life of Classic to Renewal Acolyte...need tips - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

From the life of Classic to Renewal Acolyte...need tips

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

Alright it's been hard for me to train...is this normal? I can hardly survive in the first floor of Payon Dungeon. My max SP is pretty low and I can only kill one zombie at a time. Lately, I've been killing low level creatures like Porings, Fabres, Pupas, etc.

I'm planning on training to be a FS Priest and Archbishop..and...man is it hard to even train...

#2 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

Er, first thing's first, you really shouldn't be going to Payon Cave right off the bat. If you don't want to do the Eden Quests (and I really don't blame you, they can get tedious), then I would suggest going to the iRO wiki database and using the monster search feature to find monsters 10 levels above you. This is important! 10 is the sweet spot, it's just high enough above you to give you good EXP, but not high enough above you to cause you any major difficulties in leveling.

Secondly, I wouldn't try to Heal bomb anything until you get over 300 SP and a decent SP regen rate. Heal bombing, as much as it is a time-honored tradition, is just not an effective leveling tool in the early stages of Acolyte. Instead, get a tank or a killer in your level range who can help you take down monsters, or else go after something with low enough Def that you can melee it yourself relatively easily.

The first few levels are always the hardest, even in Renewal. You just have to get a good feel for the new mechanics and it will get better. I'm always willing to help new Acolytes; PM me in-game as Filliah, I'm usually on anywhere between 11 pm and 2 am U.S. Central time.

Edited by T3chnowitch, 04 May 2013 - 11:00 PM.

#3 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

Thank you very much for the advice! I'll try out those Eden Quests and check out those monsters. Again, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users