• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Slate5

Slate5

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

Hey guys, I know many of us had this error and well I researched for like 20 minutes and figured out that the PhysX that the client refers us to themselves would not fix the problem. I've tried installing the latest version (2012) and it didn't work, so I uninstalled that. I've tried the 2011 version and it didn't work either. So finally I've tried the 2010 version and the game finally works! So here's a link, hope it helps everyone who has the same issue:
http://www.nvidia.co....13-driver.html
Have fun guys!

#2 Selene3016

Selene3016

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Hey guys, I know many of us had this error and well I researched for like 20 minutes and figured out that the PhysX that the client refers us to themselves would not fix the problem. I've tried installing the latest version (2012) and it didn't work, so I uninstalled that. I've tried the 2011 version and it didn't work either. So finally I've tried the 2010 version and the game finally works! So here's a link, hope it helps everyone who has the same issue:
Have fun guys!

Stupid question... but is this only for NVidia cards?

#3 Slate5

Slate5

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

What do you mean by that? If you're asking whether this works only if you have an Nvidia, no. I am using an Intel HD. When I started the game I received this error and the link I posted was the only solution. Hope this helped!

#4 Selene3016

Selene3016

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

What do you mean by that? If you're asking whether this works only if you have an Nvidia, no. I am using an Intel HD. When I started the game I received this error and the link I posted was the only solution. Hope this helped!

Well, I'm using a AMD Radeon™ HD 7770 2GB DDR5... when I try to go into the game, it tells me I need PhysX and directs me to NVidia's website for the drivers. But since I don't have a NVidia card I don't know if driver it's directing me too will work for me. This is where it's telling me to go http://www.nvidia.co...g=us&type=Other

#5 Seiferos

Seiferos

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

The thing is, i own a Nvidia card, and i have the latest physx, hence i cannot instal that one, so i cannot instal the game without downgrading my software?
Im stuck at instalation with this issue, and im not the only one.

#6 Selene3016

Selene3016

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Opps, got the wrong link, this is where it directed me too http://www.nvidia.co...031-driver.html

#7 JonniBoy

JonniBoy

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

Have fun guys!

thank you so much! I uninstalled the 2012 version and used the 2010 version and it worked! :thx:

#8 CocKuKpoTa

CocKuKpoTa

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

Dude, you are my saviour! TY SO MUCH
Can these developers be really that stupid to link you to nvidia page with 2012 drivers to isntall if you have such an error..
What a mess..

#9 Jello Shaker

Jello Shaker

Shake Shake

• Community Managers
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

Thank you for discovering the solution!

I'll be pinning this thread so that others will be able to use this!

#10 notxok

notxok

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
  • Server:Odin - Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

I am curious.I am not getting an error, but I am running PHYSX and the newest version. Could running the latest driver give performance issues? I noticed you had to revert to 2010.

#11 Vitali1987

Vitali1987

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

I still have this problem after installing http://www.nvidia.co...513-driver.html The Latest Version did also not work. I cant install the game either on my pc nor on my notebook. Only because of this stupid error. I have a Geforce 450gs. Does someone have an solution maybe?

Edited by Vitali1987, 07 May 2013 - 12:48 PM.

#12 YvesM

YvesM

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

I also had a problem installing the PhysX. I solved my problem by using a removal tool (from Mcafee) to take the last part of my installation of my anti virus out.

When I changed anti virus apparently it left something behind that was interfering with the PhysX install. Just thought if the above solutions don't work this could also help someone.

#13 BBNWO

BBNWO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationLone Star State

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

I also had a problem installing the PhysX. I solved my problem by using a removal tool (from Mcafee) to take the last part of my installation of my anti virus out.

When I changed anti virus apparently it left something behind that was interfering with the PhysX install. Just thought if the above solutions don't work this could also help someone.

Someone has already suggested this in these forums. They are having problems AFTER installing PhysX not with installing it. Another thing you could try if having problems installing was said that restoring factory settings seamlessly allows installing anything without any issue.

#14 Imanengineer

Imanengineer

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

Have fun guys!

For those who are running Windows 8 and a different graphics card that is not Nvidia, download the driver in the quote above ( thank you Slate5). Then find the launcher in your RO folder > right-click, select troubleshoot compatibility > set it to Windows XP (Service Pack 3). It should run smoothly, or at least that's how I got it to run on my laptop.

Here are some of my laptops specs if it helps:

Processor Type: Intel Core i7-3632QM, 4 cores
Processor speed: 2.20 GHz
Hard drive capacity: 1 TB
Ram size: 16 GB
Graphics Chipset: AMD Radeon HD 7670M, dedicated, 2GB memory

#15 kakotan

kakotan

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

We should not have to put in old drivers to make one game work, that stupid, they need to fix it !!

#16 Timberack

Timberack

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

I have an AMD Radeon HD 6450 running win7 x64 and can't get the PhysX to work, I installed the 2012 and 2010 versions and get the same error after the char selection screen. Why would they make a game that is only compatable with NVIDIA cards?? I bet they have lost thousands of players because of this, I've not once encounted this issue in all my years of gaming. Somebody please help all I want to do is log ingame!!!

EDIT. Uninstalled everything and Re-installed RO2 in the default location, seemed to work fine. DON'T CHANGE THE INSTALL PATH

Edited by Timberack, 23 May 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#17 Bedivier

Bedivier

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

Just made a fix for a before trouble, another one nonsense trouble I found here....

The game is open and im inside, just want to find more problems to fix inside, hope to get one what makes me cut out all the throats from gravity's mens and then we can leave the hamsters do they work

#18 EtherForce

EtherForce

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

Can I download the PhysX drivers without them screwing with the display settings on my ATI card? Will PhysX even work with an ATI card? What is up with this, yo?

#19 Risami

Risami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

i can't download physx drivers cause i don't have a nvidea :\ and i have a radeon 7700 hd series how do i even play this game?

#20 Cybermario

Cybermario

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

this really dont fix anything, i tried and do not work

#21 MelonGuyXD

MelonGuyXD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationIn the Melon Trees
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

Confirmed. Solution doesn't work as of present.

#22 Luvely

Luvely

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

Worked for me. Make sure you uninstall any Nvidia PhysX drivers currently on your system! I also don't have an Nvidia graphics card and had to uninstall a newer version of it. Thanks again.

#23 Teslation

Teslation

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Came by to confirm this fix. All these little tweaks to get the game running takes me back to my torrenting days. I just don't understand why the game directs you to the newest version of Physx when only the 2010 version works. Either way the link provided by Slate5 works, thanks buddy

#24 1360537199

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

Hey guys,

iam also trying to Play RO2 but its not wokring at all. I got the physx Error while staring the game. I installed it through steam. But I cant install the older Version of physx from the RO2 Folder. An "unexpected error occurs".

Also I cant uninstall the newer Version of physx because it not listed in "Software".

Have you any ideas for me? I have a SAPPHIRE Radeon HD6870 graphic Card an EVERY newer game is running smoothly :(

Thanks in Advance, and apologise my English, its not my mothers tongue.

Edited by 1360537199, 13 August 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#25 LeeRiotMoon

LeeRiotMoon

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

Can't install Physx as well, got a ATI HD 6870. Anyone knows how to solve this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users