• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lmnzz

lmnzz

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

I've been looking around the forums and guides to see if anyone has put up this opener, but I couldn't find any. I got the basic idea behind this when I Dagger Throw'd in hiding for the extra damage modifier. Hiding doesn't break until the dagger ACTUALLY hits the target. Since Dark Illusion's only requirement is to be in hiding, the game allows you to stand at a certain distance, use Dagger Throw, then Dark Illusion the target before the projectile connects. This allows for an extra hit with hiding buff.

TL;DR stand far away, hide, dagger throw, before dagger hits spam dark illusion.

Feel free to add this to your guides with credits :)

Posted Image

Edited by lmnzz, 05 May 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#2 ShimHearts

ShimHearts

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Yes, on my guide :3

#3 lmnzz

lmnzz

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

You're right, it is there. By the way, "weaving" doesn't exist in RO2 because it's like WoW where skills don't overlap auto attacks. You can think of them being in 2 separate timelines.

#4 ShimHearts

ShimHearts

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

You're right, it is there. By the way, "weaving" doesn't exist in RO2 because it's like WoW where skills don't overlap auto attacks. You can think of them being in 2 separate timelines.

Kind of noticed that, but if I don't manually input my attack command, it won't activate as much.
Basically I'm getting every auto attack in possible, whereas if i didn't have an input key for regular attacks, i'd be doing about half as much.
Experimented with it :P

#5 Teiren

Teiren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

It seems like any ranged skill will actually turn OFF auto attack while any melee skill turns it on... it's very stupid. I assume it's not this way for Archers because that would be completely dysfunctional, but I've noticed this with Throw Spirit Sphere as a Monk.

Edit: Nevermind, this is wrong. Either it was fixed just with the past maintenance or I was thinking of some other action.

Edited by Teiren, 07 May 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#6 OniNoMeKyo

OniNoMeKyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationHere (not there).
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Yet

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

I've been looking around the forums and guides to see if anyone has put up this opener, but I couldn't find any. I got the basic idea behind this when I Dagger Throw'd in hiding for the extra damage modifier. Hiding doesn't break until the dagger ACTUALLY hits the target. Since Dark Illusion's only requirement is to be in hiding, the game allows you to stand at a certain distance, use Dagger Throw, then Dark Illusion the target before the projectile connects. This allows for an extra hit with hiding buff.

TL;DR stand far away, hide, dagger throw, before dagger hits spam dark illusion.

Feel free to add this to your guides with credits :)

*image*

I did this for the majority of my leveling as a Thief/Assassin. It works most of the time from 15~20 meters, anything closer is up to chance. I also do this when the enemy is on an elevated platform (Nepenthes/Nependes, whatever they're called). Nice work on informing the masses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users