• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 soldiersoul99

soldiersoul99

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

I want to play a mage but I can't decide what I will branch off to. I want to know which do the highest damage in PVE. I want to know which of the 2 current branch is more flexible (I.E Reset, Reskill and comes out with a different play style.). To simply put I like to do damage but I get bored easily by doing the same thing for too long. I don't mind healing but it's not my first choice.

I've read some post saying most sorcerers become hybrid, but is a full DPS Sorcerer better than a Hybrid Sorcerer and can a Sorcerer out rank a Wizard in DPS?

Deciding factor: Versatile play style, DPS ranking in raids and dungeons, and enjoyable gameplay (Don't want to yank my hair out from frustration).

#2 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

Sorcerer; Burst
Wizard: DPS and DoTs.

Now you decide.

#3 HawkPeft

HawkPeft

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:01 AM

This is just what I think, but I'd say Sorcerer's are more interesting to play because they have their Wind Arms procs off Cold Bolts that double the damage of the next 2 lightning spells you cast, which is interesting because you have Jupitel Thunder and Varetyr Spear(sorry if spelled incorrectly) which are both pretty hard hitting skills, and there's a 30% chance to proc at max Wind Arms, then your Cold Bolt can also proc Jupitel Thunder Mastery which, like Fire Ball Mastery, makes your next Jupitel Thunder instant cast, with a 15% chance at max. So they have 4-5 spells they use constantly depending on whether you like Frost Diver or not, and a lot of procs, so it's a very reactive class.

Unlike Wizard who has 4-5 skills they use constantly and only 1 proc at a 20% chance, so its a very straight forward rotation class. Sorcerers will see bigger damage numbers more often, but Wizard has the better one use nuke which, I'm told, does impressive damage.

Sorcerer's don't have to go Hybrid if they don't want to, they do just fine as dps. As for who does better overall dps, I couldn't tell you, but i think the damage difference is negligible and you should just pick your class for your playstyle. If you want to always top dps meters, then I think you're looking for the Ranger class, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Edited by HawkPeft, 07 May 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#4 soldiersoul99

soldiersoul99

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

Thanks Hawk. Seems from what you say Sorcerer have more flexible play style. I think I will go with Sorcerer because when I want, I can switch to a hybrid build to change the rotation which is what I'm looking for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users