RO2's music ... disappointing - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RO2's music ... disappointing

16 replies to this topic

#1 Ryouichi

Ryouichi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

I really dig RO2's graphic. Sure the animation can be chunky but the overall graphic fits my style. Love every minute of it. However, I can't say same about the music. It has left a bad after taste in my mouth. (I am aware of how to change the BGM.) I was expecting more because RO had one of the BEST music of all MMORPG out there. SoundTeMP and Hankook Recording Studio knows their stuff. I mean even if they did some remix and added to RO2, it would have been good. But god, whoever did the music this time just stinks. I especially hate the izlude hill bgm. It gets on my nerves.

#2 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

Isn't that why everyone turns the BGM off, even in RO1? >_>

#3 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

It gets better in my openion. Forgettable, but better. I'm enjoying the maple forest bgm right now.

#4 WongDai

WongDai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

i turn off all sounds
i perfer my on music

#5 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

i turn off all sounds
i perfer my on music

Hmmm... The company works pretty hard(or should) to find and compose quality bgms for the game. The least you can do it listen to it for a bit. You never know, maybe you'll like it.

#6 millea

millea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

The music is actually pretty nice in this game; sure, some of the overworld tracks don't really shine, but each one of the bossfight tracks are really good. You should give them a try. c;

#7 Alleggretto

Alleggretto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

It's alright.

#8 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

Check out this thread. Lionel made 20 min+ tracks that are a mixture of RO1 bgm, RO1 bgm remixes, and RO2: GOTW music and created one for every map. You can download them and replace them in your bgm folder, so that they can play instead of the RO2 default tracks. It really takes away the repetitiveness without losing the RO feel. I think it actually enhances it.
http://forums.warppo...ements-for-ro2/

#9 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

What do you except them to put? Hip hop? JPop? KPop? I think the login music is nice, although the music and some sound effect seems like it was stolen from runes of magic.

#10 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

What do you except them to put? Hip hop? JPop? KPop? I think the login music is nice, although the music and some sound effect seems like it was stolen from runes of magic.

I think he just expected it to be like the RO1 bgm. Not exactly the same, but the same quality of music. RO1 bgm was so well-written and, for me at least, brings back tons of nostalgia. He probably expected it to be of that caliber.

And it could be that he was expecting the bgm from GOTW since they hired Yoko Kanno to compose for the game, yet they seemed to have thrown it all away in favor of really bland game music.

#11 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

I actually liked the South Plains music as soon as I got there. *Currently there* The least you guys can do is listen to each different area's music at least once and decide for yourself if there's no "memorable music." For me, it's fine in that most of them fit the game itself.

#12 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

I orgasm every time I fight Gedenhardt. >_> because of the music. So at least they did something right...

Edited by ODKN, 07 May 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#13 Trydias

Trydias

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

I'm just highly disappointed that they decided to not go with battle bgm's, especially since some were created for GotW and were fantastic.

#14 JohnNooodles

JohnNooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Location....
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

You could replace all the RO2 BGMs with RO1's...that's what I did...except for some of the boss fights and stuff.

#15 Vashh

Vashh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationOn the Clouds

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

After Prontera City = Mute everything.

#16 Volmise

Volmise

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEterna Forest

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Check out this thread. Lionel made 20 min+ tracks that are a mixture of RO1 bgm, RO1 bgm remixes, and RO2: GOTW music and created one for every map. You can download them and replace them in your bgm folder, so that they can play instead of the RO2 default tracks. It really takes away the repetitiveness without losing the RO feel. I think it actually enhances it.
http://forums.warppo...ements-for-ro2/

After using this I don't think I've ever muted the BGM again. It's so much more enjoyable to listen to than what we ended up getting in the official launch, but of course that's just my own opinion.

#17 jayeto

jayeto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

to be honest RO1 had very good music because they could hire a very good composer. RO2 is F2P they dont have the same luxury as there previous game so yea i knew from get go music was gonna be different. in all honesty just mute the bgm and play RO1 music in WMP (windows media player) or itunes in the background while you play.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users