[Guide] In-depth Full Support/Max healing skills Priest [New improved skill build - May 8] - Page 2 - Acolyte - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Guide] In-depth Full Support/Max healing skills Priest [New improved skill build - May 8]

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#26 Ryogure

Ryogure

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

I should have also bought back then but my level wasn't that high so I just thought I'd buy it when I hit lvl 50 but when I hit max level it was too late to buy it now since the price of this card is so expensive -w-' Anyways I'll just wait for a day when they lower the price or try to farm card myself if possible ;3

From what I heard from a farmer friend, 100~150 cats = 1 card.
The best way I found to make zeny is: do RHD/Raid with friends till a recipe drops (It sells for like 5~10k Zeny if it is armor or weapon). Sell it, share the zeny between everyone. but yeah, that can only be done with extremly trusteable people.

#27 Qpax

Qpax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Location黒猫のタンゴ

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:58 PM

I also think that this guide should be pinned down like other guides. I use skill build of this guide and there are also much many important and helpful advices and comments on it. So if people wants to become full priest they should first look at guides like this before going to create their character.

#28 RevLoveJoy

RevLoveJoy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

Why not max out Resurrection? A casual player who always go for PUBs in raids would be needing it badly.

And regards the RHD set: there are actually three blue sets that might come from boss drop or OBB itself. The equips only differ in a few stat allocations (i.e. +-3 AGI, +-3INT, +-3 VIT) They're named Heart of Black Wind, Iron Heart, and Heart of Transcend.

#29 Ryogure

Ryogure

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

Why not max out Resurrection? A casual player who always go for PUBs in raids would be needing it badly.

And regards the RHD set: there are actually three blue sets that might come from boss drop or OBB itself. The equips only differ in a few stat allocations (i.e. +-3 AGI, +-3INT, +-3 VIT) They're named Heart of Black Wind, Iron Heart, and Heart of Transcend.

Regarding resurrection: the cooldown difference is just not worth it the points. Even if you max it, you will not be able to use 2 resurrections in the same fight, so no no point in expending those 2 very important skill points in it.

Regarding the RHD sets, yeah, I know there's 3 different sets, but since they're pretty much temporary (Since you will be moving directly into raid ones later) they will make no difference, you just need it for the defense/little HP boost in order to run raids, I may mention it on the next update of the guide which should be soon :ok:

I also think that this guide should be pinned down like other guides. I use skill build of this guide and there are also much many important and helpful advices and comments on it. So if people wants to become full priest they should first look at guides like this before going to create their character.

Thanks for considering my guide worth a pin :p_idea:

Edited by Ryogure, 21 May 2013 - 05:46 AM.

#30 elsaikoo

elsaikoo

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

one question in skill part, change the points from coluseo heal to archangel is worth? maxing archangel and sanctuary ( both skills).

some like that: http://www.ro2skills...odDrbqnacdBrBrA

i think that with the 25% from archangel, sanctuary can heal 2400 hp and highness heal can do great heals, it is more amazing that 3 less minutes from coluseo coldown,

the combo could be archangel(lvl5)+aspersio +sanctuary(lvl5) doing big heals (2400-2500). I think that the job of FS Priest is do the most heals possible per second

and dont forget that every 5 minutes u can use coluseo heal as a last option..¿what do you think?

Edited by elsaikoo, 03 June 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#31 mykulapollo

mykulapollo

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

I was wondering the same thing, why no max to archangel?

#32 NiaAdha

NiaAdha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Yeah, that's about right. I used archangel and it gets to 2400-2500 for Sanctuary and about 3500-3800 on Highness Heal.

I'm currently full RHD blue gears, which i can say pretty standard :p_swt:
As for cards, I have 3 poisona, 1 Freyjan High Apostle, and 1 Hermittus.
Seriously for cards, i think Freyjan High Apostle is better for priest instead of STC's. Unless you're trying to make it to 5000hp mark.
For all the equipments above, I can only manage to reach 5080 for my hp.
But great healing tho. :p_smile:

#33 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

Yeah, that's about right. I used archangel and it gets to 2400-2500 for Sanctuary and about 3500-3800 on Highness Heal.

I'm currently full RHD blue gears, which i can say pretty standard :p_swt:
As for cards, I have 3 poisona, 1 Freyjan High Apostle, and 1 Hermittus.
Seriously for cards, i think Freyjan High Apostle is better for priest instead of STC's. Unless you're trying to make it to 5000hp mark.
For all the equipments above, I can only manage to reach 5080 for my hp.
But great healing tho. :p_smile:

Just for reference, what are those numbers for Sanctuary and Highness Heal without Archangel?

#34 NiaAdha

NiaAdha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

Just for reference, what are those numbers for Sanctuary and Highness Heal without Archangel?

Sanctuary on it own, 1800-2000.
Highness heal + aspersio, around 1700-3300, depending on accuracy.1700-1900 without crit, 3000-3300 with crit.

#35 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Thx for the numbers...
Archangel does sound important for skills that you invest 5 points in. The difference in numbers seem like quite a bit (2000 without AA vs 2500 with AA).
So using a level 5 Archangel on a level 1 Sanctuary is pretty much a waste of time?
Also, if you can only choose 1, would you choose level 5 Sanctuary + level 1 Archangel or level 5 Archangel + level 1 Sanctuary?
Sorry for the questions, making a Hybrid while trying to get as close to FS as possible is hard...

#36 NiaAdha

NiaAdha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:05 AM

as for hybrid, i'd settle for archangel.

why?

it increases 25% of your attack as well as your healing power. the CD for AA is the same as Sanctuary at 1.5min. :) that's just my opinion, of course.

#37 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

as for hybrid, i'd settle for archangel.

why?

it increases 25% of your attack as well as your healing power. the CD for AA is the same as Sanctuary at 1.5min. :) that's just my opinion, of course.

I guess it boils down to what type of "hybrid" you want to be, the general term "hybrid" is too loose. You can be a "healing-focused hybrid" or a "damage-focused hybrid" and your skills will differ a lot depending on which path you choose.
I'm more focused on healing and I only chose to be "hybrid" instead of FS because I couldn't stand levelling the whole way with only Level 1 Holy Light, even with my Founder's title. Also, I can't participate in every colosseum due to time constraints so I don't have time to grind out blood points slowly using level 1 HL. Also, I don't want to be too dependent on other people because of minimal damage with HL level 1, especially in WoE if there's someone on my back I want to be able to fend him/her off by myself. I'm sure many FS like to party a lot with friends and guildies, and that's about the only way to level it without going insane. Big respect to those who levelled a FS by solo grinding without a Founder's title btw.

As people have pointed out, level 5 AA + lv 1 Sanctuary boosts it roughly up to level 3 Sanctuary. That's still a bit away from level 5 Sanctuary in terms of healing. I worked it out, the worst part of getting level 1 RoG + level 5 AA + level 1 Sanctuary is that you NEED to sacrifice 2 points from your core healing skills in your healing tree as well as making both Gloria and Recovery level 1. Level 1 Recovery might be a problem in WoE, but that's a small problem for now. Your choices for the healing tree are Heal, Reno, HH, Sacrament or Assumptio. I can't bring myself to take out 2 points from any of these...they are just too precious. Hence my painful decision to drop AA completely and go with max Sanctuary for the additional healing power, which will come in handy in raids and WoE further down the track.

#38 NiaAdha

NiaAdha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

Lv5 holy light is adequate for fast levelling, IMHO. in PvP, your attack will be raised up to 2500 (with aspersio) and 2800-3200 (with aspersio-ArchAngel). in map, it would be somewhere 1200 when you reach end game.

#39 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Lv5 holy light is adequate for fast levelling, IMHO. in PvP, your attack will be raised up to 2500 (with aspersio) and 2800-3200 (with aspersio-ArchAngel). in map, it would be somewhere 1200 when you reach end game.

I just had a look at this...this works as well, getting only lv 5 HL for offense tree, lv 5 AA for support tree and lv 1 Sanctuary for healing tree.
The grinding will be slower as you won't be able to spread your DoTs around though. Still much better than lv 1 HL for sure.
PVP, this build will be very reliant on the AA steroid, as there is no DoTs to help you KS. If you can time your hits well, the 3 HL crits + AA will probably hit more than a non-crit lv 1 RoG.
Raid healing, this will be stronger for healing single target, while Sanc lv 5 will still be stronger for recovering from AOE blows.

Damn, if only I had a skill reset I'd actually give this build a go, it'd probably look something like this, although the grinding wouldn't be fun:
http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

(my current build is this, for comparison: http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0 )

#40 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

Why would you go for HL5 rather than lvl 1 of the DoTs though? For PVP?
In PVE, lvl 1 DoTs plus lvl 1 HLs works out as higher damage against a single target.

If in 20 seconds you throw out 10 HL5s along with 1 asp (assume perfect timing and a bit of haste), you do 507% damage (13x39)
If in those 20 seconds you use 1 asp, 1 second for oratio and credo each and 2 seconds for ado, assuming the haste and perfect timing again you should be able to throw out 8 more HL1s, and assuming it's a longer fight and you're keeping the DoTs up constantly so they tick for the full 20 seconds, that comes out to 10x(8+9+10) + 11x27 = 567%
I'm ignoring the fact that Credo only needs to be refreshed every 30 seconds, but I find it hard to manage that myself and just refresh it along with the other two.

If you're up against multiple targets, the DoT approach would quickly gain distance from HL5, since in those 20 seconds you could DoT 4 targets, meaning you multiply the damage from the DoTs by 4, coming to 1080%.
I guess you gain a skillpoint with HL5 compared to the two DoTs. If you cut ado out of the rotation, you get to 494%, slightly lower than the HL5 spam, but the real problem would be that oratio and credo can't really kill targets by themselves so you can't mob as well. So if you really need that one skillpoint I can see going HL5.

#41 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:48 AM

The point is...I want to put as little points into the damage tree as possible. Choices are:

Build 1 - Lv 5 HL nothing else in damage tree (4 points in dmg tree), go for Lv 5 AA, Lv 1 Sanc
Build 2 - 1 point in everything in damage tree (7 points in dmg tree), not enough points to go for Lv 5 AA without sacrificing points in healing, switch to Lv 5 Sanc instead.

My primary focus is to be healing. Colosseum and grinding to 50 are just "in-between", once you get to level 50 and get enough Blood Points there's no reason to invest in damage skills anymore.
FS is too unbearable for me, I can't do it, even though I have a founder's title on my Priest.

Archangel's benefit not only covers damage, but healing in general as well. As much as I hate to admit, Level 5 AA does give you a significant boost in healing capabilities in a raid.
Level 5 HL + Level 5 AA + Aspersio can outdamage a Lv 1 RoG, which makes it useful to KS in Colosseum.

In effect, Build 1 saves you more points during the levelling/colosseum phase and gives you stronger single target healing in raids, but it takes more time to level/farm blood points.

#42 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:33 AM

Well there's no need to take ME and RoG just because you took the DoTs... I'd compare the HL5 build to something like this:
http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0
The only plus for HL5 I see is it may do better in Colo (although it's still not very easy to KS with HL because you stand still for the cast time, I just DoT everything in sight and usually get some kills with that... although as I said I do suck at pvp.

#43 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:00 AM

Unfortunately in that build, without RoG colo is going to be hard to get past the 3rd round. Colo is all about the big burst damage to KS, and there are 2 ways to go about it - Lv 5 HL or Lv 1 RoG. That's the entire point of going down the damage tree, to get RoG for Colo, since Colo gear is just too good to ignore for quite a long time.

Lv 5 AA + Lv 1 HL crit just doesn't pack enough firepower.
Lv 1 HL crit by itself = 27% * 2 = 54%
Lv 5 HL crit by itself = 39% * 2 = 78%
Lv 5 AA will pull that difference apart.

I've tried using Level 1 HL on my Priest (without Lv 5 AA) toon in Colo....wasn't pretty. I was struggling to get past round 2, all the melee would target you and bring you down and you can hardly KS anything with just Level 1 HL. It's pretty much like bringing a FS inside Colo and trying to kill with it. Level 5 AA would help, but I doubt it'll change Lv 1 HL's damage by a lot.

#44 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:20 AM

Well yes, that was kind of my point. If you don't care about PVP and can live with not getting colo gear as fast or at all, then I'd go with the DoTs.

#45 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:39 AM

I really wanted to ignore Colosseum and PVP to be honest, but the gear from Colo is just too good, it can last you until AoD gear.
The accessories from PVP also won't be replaced in a LONG time...
This game's weird that way, at the moment the best way to go through PVE content is to use PVP gear.
If it wasn't for Colo, I'd probably just pick up level 1 Oratio for levelling and invest everything in getting AA/Sanc.
I'm also trying to make room for Lv 2-3 Recovery as I feel it might be a big thing in the future. This puts an even bigger strain on a Lv 5 AA hybrid build.

#46 Squachie

Squachie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

Just a little insight, with colo weapon and a few colo gear and the rest RHD, all 3 of my dots fully ticked kills a level 50 mob. So I cast 3 dots, target next, 3 dots, and repeat while keeping myself alive as the mobs hit me as they die. I end up killing 5-7 mobs at a time. If i try spamming holy light, it still takes 2-3 holy lights to kill 1 mob.

Dots still play a major role in your KSing ability. All 3 of your dots tick at exactly the same interval.

Ray of genesis is still a multiple hit skill, Having 3 dots + all those ray of genesis dmg amplifies your chance to secure the kill with all those dmg ticking during that short period of time your RoG is doing dmg. Rare occasions does someone die to your dots running away but it happens. If you add ArchAngel to the mix then...yeah..even better.

If you pick up no dots for pvp, then you're solely relying on KSing someone someone else has already lowered and trying to kill someone anyway.
I find it more consistent to find a squishy target like a sorc/wiz or ranger and dot them up, hit them with a few holy lights and finish them off with my RoG at 30% hp.

Priest can 100% to 0% sorcs/wiz and rangers pretty damn fast with the right build and finding someone who's too busy fighting someone else is not that hard to find. This is assuming they're not stacking buffs and potting on CD.

So if you're even considering any points into HL, then you might as well commit to picking up your dots instead. If you're starved for points, you can take points out of sacrement. If you wipe on a boss, the reason isn't going to be because you did 2-4% less healing. On paper it would be nice to have for sure but realistically, its marginal.

Edited by Squachie, 17 June 2013 - 03:58 AM.

#47 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

Just a little insight, with colo weapon and a few colo gear and the rest RHD, all 3 of my dots fully ticked kills a level 50 mob. So I cast 3 dots, target next, 3 dots, and repeat while keeping myself alive as the mobs hit me as they die. I end up killing 5-7 mobs at a time. If i try spamming holy light, it still takes 2-3 holy lights to kill 1 mob.

Dots still play a major role in your KSing ability. All 3 of your dots tick at exactly the same interval so it's better than you think.

Ray of genesis is still a multiple hit skill, Having 3 dots + all those ray of genesis dmg amplifies your chance to secure the kill with all those dmg ticking during that short period of time your RoG is doing dmg. Rare occasions does someone dies to your dots running away but it happens. If you add ArchAngel to the mix then...yeah..even better.

If you pick up no dots for pvp, then you're solely relying on KSing someone someone else has already lowered and trying to kill someone anyway.
I find it more consistent to find a squishy target like a sorc/wiz or ranger and dot them up, hit them with a few holy lights and finish them off with my RoG at 30% hp.

Priest can 100% to 0% sorcs/wiz and rangers pretty damn fast with the right build and finding someone who's too busy fighting someone else is not that hard to find. This is assuming they're not stacking buffs and potting on CD.

Edit: Oh yeah, dots also help kill mobs quicker too in colo.

So if you're even considering any points into HL, then you might as well commit to picking up your dots instead.

Thx so much T_T
This sounds like I made the right choice by going down the lv 1 RoG path, looks like I won't need a skill reset after all...and yeah, now that I think about it, lv 5 HL only is pretty gimped dps overall, whether in grinding or colo, even with lv 5 AA supporting it.
Edit: I'm always starved of skill points, I had considered taking points off Sacrament so many times, but just couldn't bring myself to do it...sure it's only 2-4% if you take 1-2 points off, but this affects all heals, including things like Reno, HH and Heal, which you cast very often. Over about a minute or so, that -2% heal really starts to add up when you have Reno ticking on 3 different ppl, spamming Heal, HH, etc.

Edited by SolidJelly, 17 June 2013 - 05:43 AM.

#48 Gondai

Gondai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Im new and gonna roll one!
Excellent guide btw.

Got a question tho. Why those stats? Explain alittle why you chosed this. Shouldnt you max int for higher healing power? Etc

Appreciate it ~

Edited by Gondai, 02 July 2013 - 12:27 AM.

#49 Gondai

Gondai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

So... which points should you remove so ull be able to max Archangel? I dont see any way out, anyone?

Comparing all skills together, Gloria and Coluseo seems less valueable, Coluseo only changing CD, still same effect. And Gloria, well you could keep that on 2/3.

Now ull be able to max Archangel, is it worth trading those points for it? Anyone have any other solution?

http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Appreciate an answer as soon as possible!

Edited by Gondai, 16 July 2013 - 11:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users