Knight is the most needed tank later on due to its ability to protect party members - Swordman - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Knight is the most needed tank later on due to its ability to protect party members

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

There will be an end-game raid in the future where 2 knights are needed in a raid to cast Shield Fortress in rotation.

Shield Fortress decreases damage taken by 25% for all raid members within 20m. When the boss does its big move, the squishy characters all need to have this effect otherwise they will die.

No other tanks (Monks, Warriors, BMs) can offer this kind of protection.

Having a 3rd tank in the raid is not really necessary.

Sorry to all other non-knights out there, just letting u know in advance.

Edit: Since people won't believe anything without a source, here it is:

http://forums.playpa...de/page__st__60

Scroll down to comment #82 and 83

This guy has played kRO2 extensively before it became deserted, he has lv 50 characters in just about every class, he is more than qualified enough to give an insight on what end-game dungeons are going to be like in the future. He also talks about the new Noel class (advances to Cresentia and Soulmaker) that we don't have yet.

If we get the kRO2 version unedited into our version in the future, this is about as accurate as it gets to "predicting the future" since there's not many people who has played kRO2 here before, and certainly not many people who has played through all the classes to the extent he has.

It's still up to you whether you want to believe it or not. Non-believers will still deny all this and say the opinions of 1 guy isn't important, no matter how knowledgeable he is about this game.

Edited by SolidJelly, 09 May 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#2 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

Sorry but knights are needed as support tank, not main tank. Knight will never have the hp or defense a monk has ot retain agro on the bosses. So either way, both types are needed.

#3 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

I disagree, but having 2 knights is somewhat beneficial and would only be needed if you really have to play defensive. You must however keep in mind that by having two knights, your DPS severely drops unless your 2nd knight is built like a DPS with shield fortress (concentration minimum, but recommended to have aura blade). Many experienced players will tell you this too. Two knights is beneficial if you have to be defensive, but you must keep in mind that this brings up the case of hitting the rage timer of a boss which is what you don't want to see. It's better to lose by not being defensive enough than to lose by not being offensive enough in raids. There are many other ways to prepare for a high AoE situation. Consider looking into that...

#4 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

There will be an end-game raid in the future where 2 knights are needed in a raid to cast Shield Fortress in rotation.

Shield Fortress decreases damage taken by 25% for all raid members within 20m. When the boss does its big move, the squishy characters all need to have this effect otherwise they will die.

I would hope you aren't basing this on seaRO2, as iRO2's monster difficulty is on par with kRO2s.

#5 joh2141

joh2141

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

Sorry but knights are needed as support tank, not main tank. Knight will never have the hp or defense a monk has ot retain agro on the bosses. So either way, both types are needed.

^This is the truth here. You never want 2 tanks of the same class; it brings no versatility to your raid. You can pull it off definitely but again both knights would be fighting over the same gear. Knights are better of a support tank not because they fail at main tanking. It's just that they excel at offtanking and support tanking more so than the Monk; whereas Monk's do just as well if not BETTER than Knights at 1v1 boss tanking.

And Shield Fortress won't save the raid every single time. Usually, the Knight will only get a chance to use it once or twice. Your Sorc's Deluge and Priest Sanctuary will be far more reliable and far more depended on as well as far more used. You're an idiot if you think you NEED 2 Knights and telling everyone else they made a mistake because they don't have a knight. I suppose you never seen Sorc's solo heal Sandarman either.
---
Also if you are doing 10 man raids and your squishies are dying, you need to find a better party instead of just PuGing with any random person who asks for an invite. Squishies are dying because they have crap gear or they need substantially more health; which they can get by joining Hunter's Union and applying other buffs from pots/food/gear enchantment/cards. Oh the times when people who don't know much feel they need to preach and lecture.

Edited by joh2141, 08 May 2013 - 05:02 AM.

#6 kohppa

kohppa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RO2 - Odin, Ch. 9

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

Couldn't you just have a FS Sorc pop Earth Shield for 20% Defense increase for the whole battle and then use Deluge and LoR during heavy AoE parts? Add the spam healing from the Sorc and any party defense skills from a single Knight and a Priest...seems like that would cover it to me. I'm not at end-game though, so I could be very wrong.

#7 iJojo

iJojo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Server:ROII - Odin

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

You have no knowledge of tanking do you?

Cool story

Also my BM may not be able to put a raid wide def buff up but I can heal the party for 10% of their HP and also hold aggro on that big baddie boss longer and better then a knight ever will be able to.

Edited by iJojo, 08 May 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#8 Rennie246

Rennie246

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

You oviously have very little understanding or how raiding works in this game if you think knights are even required, they have they're uses but you don't ''Need'' them, i have done most of my raiding whit Monks and Warriors.

#9 ShadowKashim

ShadowKashim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

LOL :heh:

Monks should always be the main tank holding the boss in the end game dungeons such as AoD/CoA. Knights as support tank, and warrior as off tank that will handle the "Adds". I'm not saying BM's are not needed, since they are good kiters. These is the truth sir, and the people you're calling squishy won't be squishy if they have a Good strategy as well as knows where to go when the boss is doing its "Bad ass damage". Not all boss in the end game cast 360 AoE's.

#10 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

meh, I don't need a justification for being a knight. If they need me I'll be there, if they don't they I won't.

#11 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

This isn't heroic world first WoW. We don't need massive class stacking here. All classes have the tools needed to preform their roles providing the player is good and has the proper gear.

This thread needs to be locked and forgotten. OP has no proof of their claim. Spreading misinformation does not help.

#12 Turniper

Turniper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

Since they're not getting the spotlight they deserve i'd like to vouch for BMs on this one. BMs in my opinion are the most versatile MTs because of the high hp and straight survivability. With two heal skills that heal based on percentage (10% and 20% which is a lot considering their massive hp) they can easily offset the higher damage taken in by having the lowest defense and BMs also have two skills that can help in a pinch if they put the points in which are feral defense which gives invulnerability for 13s (awesome skill for multiple situations) and frenzy which lets you spam your better moves for either massive burst dps or spam healing when maxed out. BM MTs can also cover as an OT in different situations because of the two stun moves and feral defense. Another benefit is that at higher difficulties pretty much every raid boss has a rage timer so every second counts and a BM is the best for this because if a boss rages feral defense extends that timer for 13s which can be vital if the boss is down to its last 50k hp or so.

#13 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

... or they need substantially more health; which they can get by joining Hunter's Union ...

Is this true? How does joining the Hunter's Union give more health?

This would make my decision easier.

#14 Tamashiimizu

Tamashiimizu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Is this true? How does joining the Hunter's Union give more health?

This would make my decision easier.

Because, doing Union's quest, you can obtain Union's points, which you can trade in the Hunter's Union for Bear Embroidery (not sure of the name), which gives 15% of extra VIT based in your Armor's VIT.
If your Armor have 100 Vit, you'll gain a 15 vit points, or, 90 extra HP (for about 1 and a half hour)

#15 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Because, doing Union's quest, you can obtain Union's points, which you can trade in the Hunter's Union for Bear Embroidery (not sure of the name), which gives 15% of extra VIT based in your Armor's VIT.
If your Armor have 100 Vit, you'll gain a 15 vit points, or, 90 extra HP (for about 1 and a half hour)

Oh, right... I was thinking passive buff or something. But yeah, it all adds up and seems worth it if you're already decked with VIT.

The only thing preventing me from choosing Hunters is that the skill scrolls (Endure?) is already a skill Warriors have -- Also joining the Magician's academy and getting those minerals required for Red Potions sounds very tempting...

But Hunters also have a kickarse costume. Arrgh-

#16 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

Ok, Shield Fortress' necessity (and therefore the demand for Knights) will depends on whether they nerf the bosses or not in this version.
Still, I think offering protection to party members from big incoming attacks is a huge bonus, not everyone's going to be standing at 100% HP when these big attacks happen, so even if you reach the HP checkpoint, some people will still die. Shield Fortress will save those lives. This puts Knights miles ahead of other tanks to be honest. As bosses get tougher, this will start to stand out.
It's no use having the tank survive if the DPS can't survive.

#17 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

Shield fortress only lasts 10 seconds, 2min CD base and has a 20m range. All ranged and casters can be futher away than that.

Its is a powerrful skill but it's not the crutch you think it is.

#18 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

Shield fortress only lasts 10 seconds, 2min CD base and has a 20m range. All ranged and casters can be futher away than that.

Its is a powerrful skill but it's not the crutch you think it is.

That's the thing, for the current content that we have, it's not needed but according to some other websites, as future raiding content gets released it becomes a crutch that is necessary. The ranged and casters will have to move close to the knight when the boss does its big move.
Anyway, because the content hasn't been released yet, it's hard to convince anyone how important it is and I don't want to bother trying. Those who want to believe will believe.

#19 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

No proof, no linking to said websites, no such info from kRO which governes the basis for all versions of the game.

No one's going to beleive you when you come out of nowhere with random claims then get upset when several call you out on them.

#20 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

No proof, no linking to said websites, no such info from kRO which governes the basis for all versions of the game.

No one's going to beleive you when you come out of nowhere with random claims then get upset when several call you out on them.

Ok, here's where I got it from:

http://forums.playpa...de/page__st__60

Scroll down to comment #82 and 83

This guy has played kRO2 extensively before it became deserted, he has lv 50 characters in just about every class, he is more than qualified enough to give an insight on what end-game dungeons are going to be like in the future. He also talks about the new Noel class (advances to Cresentia and Soulmaker) that we don't have yet.

If we get the kRO2 version unedited into our version in the future, this is about as accurate as it gets to "predicting the future" since there's not many people who has played kRO2 here before, and certainly not many people who has played through all the classes to the extent he has.

It's still up to you whether you want to believe it or not. Non-believers will still deny all this and say the opinions of 1 guy isn't important.

#21 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:08 AM

Not everybody likes to be sheep. Now if only stat builds played a much more important role rather than acting as another piece of equipment, we would have better days.

#22 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

You sound like some doomsday prophetic. Listen to me the end is nigh do what i say because 1 guys opinions matters! Woe to any who don't listen! I will tell you so!

Posted Image

Edited by SonicTMP, 09 May 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#23 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

You sound like some doomsday prophetic. Listen to me the end is nigh do what i say because 1 guys opinions matters! Woe to any who don't listen! I will tell you so!

Posted Image

Well, u wanted my source, I quoted my source which isn't completely made-up, I didn't say you HAVE to believe it. Calling me a "blight" just because you don't believe what I say? Shows how narrow-minded you are. GTFO

Edited by SolidJelly, 09 May 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#24 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

im lol'ing at the OP

#25 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

That's the thing, for the current content that we have, it's not needed but according to some other websites,

This is what you said. See that quote? "WEBSITES." Not 1 guy from the SEA RO2 fourms. You need something far better than that. It's called credibility.
Check your sources properly next time. Also don't use a plural or say websites when its a random forum post.

Also calling me narrow minded yet YOU are the one saying there is only 1 tank viable. Look in the mirror first.

Edited by SonicTMP, 09 May 2013 - 08:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users