How does elemental dmg affect AB? - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How does elemental dmg affect AB?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BWtuf

BWtuf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

On the iro wiki it says follows:

when you do damage with an endowed weapon or with elemental property, the target receive extra damage according to your elemental property (if the weapon has fire property, will be more damage to targets with earth property)

Thus i interpret that when using the red twin edge on golden thief bug, AB will miss because fire elemental does 0 dmg to golden thief bug. However, i ABed the bug and found this not to be the case.
Does the element of your weapon makes a difference? e.g. If you are using blue twin edge, will you do more dmg to the bug than if you are using the red one? Fire does 0% dmg to valkyrie, does it mean that i cannot hit valk when using red twin edge?

If the element doesn't matter, shall i just sell my blue twin edge since i already have the red one?

Last question: If you are holding a non-elemental weapon and using soul cannon balls, can you hit ghost 3/4?
What if you are using an elemental one? Does the damage become that elemental or ghost since you are using soul cannon balls? How does these affect the final dmg output?

#2 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:01 AM

AB will always hit the monster regardless of weapon property, unless it's 0% from neutral. I'm not actually sure if AB is partially endowable like CC is, haven't ever tested it and there are conflicting opinions on the matter. However even if you endow (converter, natural weapon element, etc) you will still miss when bombing a ghost.

You should always be using RTE since it has higher ATK.

As far as I know, cannon element > weapon element when using Cart Cannon. If you hit a monster that takes 0% from neutral, you will still miss it if you try to melee hit it, but CC will hit when using an elemental cannon. I don't think you can override cannon element with an external endow (converter, sorc), either.

Edited by Alaska, 09 May 2013 - 04:05 AM.

#3 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

On the iro wiki it says follows:

when you do damage with an endowed weapon or with elemental property, the target receive extra damage according to your elemental property (if the weapon has fire property, will be more damage to targets with earth property)

Thus i interpret that when using the red twin edge on golden thief bug, AB will miss because fire elemental does 0 dmg to golden thief bug. However, i ABed the bug and found this not to be the case.
Does the element of your weapon makes a difference? e.g. If you are using blue twin edge, will you do more dmg to the bug than if you are using the red one? Fire does 0% dmg to valkyrie, does it mean that i cannot hit valk when using red twin edge?

If the element doesn't matter, shall i just sell my blue twin edge since i already have the red one?

Last question: If you are holding a non-elemental weapon and using soul cannon balls, can you hit ghost 3/4?
What if you are using an elemental one? Does the damage become that elemental or ghost since you are using soul cannon balls? How does these affect the final dmg output?

AB is not endowable and ignores weapon element.Cannon ball's element overrides weapon's element.The damage output is the same if other factors(attack,size modifiers etc.)are the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users