#1 Kissed

Kissed

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGeorgia <3
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:35 PM

I'm creating my very first and at the current moment is very lost. What I want is generally a some-what all around kinda build. I want to be able to level her solo but also kinda support too, ya know. So, I'm running with my head cut off (so to speak) trying to figure out where to put my stats/skills and what equips to get that will help me. And I don't plan to woe. Ever.

So at this point any kind of information is welcomed.

Thank you ahead time <33

#2 JaydenSai

JaydenSai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationA place where places can be placed

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:53 AM

Well I can try and help!

I have a 80/50 Bard myself, and as i've heard most Dancers are sought after for their Gypsy Kiss (Increases max SP and SP regen gain). Personally I like Dancers cause of their ability to do Ensembles with Bards, but your looking for a build so here goes.

It never hurts to work on your DEX and INT if you plan to be a full support Dancer, if you wanna do damage or perhaps pull then you could put SOME points in STR and VIT (I've yet to meet a battle Dancer, but hey if thats what your after)

I hope I helped in some way atleast? If you play Valkyrie Server whisper Guitar Struming sometime, thats me, i'll help ya out.

#3 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:51 AM

My dancer is going to be a solo-levelist, but for an all-round Archer/Dancer the build is similar.

Don't put too much into STR, Archer classes live off of DEX which increases hit with Bows (and Whips, once you turn dancer) so put your points into DEX, some AGI if you want to hit faster. Have at least 9 INT - then spam Double Strafe (Lvl 10) on your enemies to kill them fast and furious.

DEX
AGI
INT

Should be your priorities. Since Archers attack long-range, VIT isn't that important, but INT is, especially if you Double Strafe your enemies all the time and to ensure that you can use dances longer later on.

C-A

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:45 AM

Some things to know about renewal

• Whips are borderline useless now.
  • Partying 1-99 is fairly worthless, meaning you won't be dancing.
  • Dancer is probably the weakest class next to alchemist. Becomes weakest once trans.
  • Gypsy Kiss will be more than useful at level 1 with 1 INT, with what limited partying there is 1-99 in renewal. Seriously.
  • You can practically 99 with a +5 Gakkung[1] and no armor.
  • AGI is god-tier now. Just get a Pantie/Undershirt and moderate AGI so you can flee Harpies etc.
  • Archer Skeleton card applies to your full ranged damage (+10%) as opposed to racial cards which add +20% only to your weapon attack. Since stat attack on a dancer is higher than the weapon attack, you will get more damage off a archer skeleton card than any racial card combinations.

General Leveling Tips for a Dancer:
  • I recommend 90+ DEX (with IC, Owl's, job, you'll have 130+ DEX, which is 165% weapon ATK, so make sure to get a high ATK bow like a Gakkung, Orc Archer, or a Rudra's bow).
  • Some INT to keep double strafing is a good idea.
  • WoE blue potions are your best friend
  • Arrow Shower is pretty good. At level 10 it does 250% damage. You can defend yourself from mobs with this.
  • You want to regenerate at least 12 SP per "tick" if you're going to rely on Double Strafe for leveling. 24 per "tick" is a better idea. I believe a tick is every 4 seconds while sitting, 8 while moving/fighting. Regenning 24 a tick means you can DS every 4 seconds while walking! Very reliable for leveling. Improving SP regen can be done three ways: Every 100 MAX SP is +1 SP/tick (i.e. 700 max SP is +7/tick regen); every 6 INT (total int) is +1/tick; and gear that says SP regen+% improves your per tick regen by the listed amount). Base SP regen is 1. So if you have 600 MAX SP with 30 INT, you will regen 1+6+5, or 12/tick regen.

Edited by Jaye, 11 November 2010 - 05:52 AM.

#5 StStephen

StStephen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationHayward, California, United States of America

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:22 AM

You'll be living off of double strafe all the way to 99 gypsy, so its going to be kinda a grind.

Get familiar with the arrow crafting table, you'll want to have a good stockpile of all the different elemental arrows. And make very very sure you hoard anything that makes steel arrows because you'll want an orc archer bow someday and steel arrows do +50% damage when fired from one. When you're getting gear focus on getting some decent bows before you worry much about armor. The four elemental bows (gust bow, frozen bow and so on) are fairly affordable and when used with their matching elemental arrow do decent damage.

Unless you want to sit a lot, spend real money on WoE blue pots or you want to spend a lot of your money that could be used for better bows on sp items, I strongly suggest keeping your int high. If one has to spend 1/4 of their time sitting its like taking a 25% exp pentalty.

You don't need to worry too much about vit anytime soon. You won't be levelling anywhere with monsters that are that dangerous. You won't really need much vit until you are 3rd job. Then you will want quite a bit so you can survive big mobs when using severe rainstorm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users