#1 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:18 PM

What's a good website that shows the best builds for all classes? My first few characters are awful and I'm looking forward to the reset, but the only site I know is iroWiki. Anyone know any better ones?

#2 Mikedot

Mikedot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:34 AM

What ABK said.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:56 AM

iRO Wiki is the only one, most of it hasn't been updated for renewal, and people don't know how to build chars in renewal yet.

#4 DarkCoffee

DarkCoffee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:55 AM

iRO Wiki is the only one, most of it hasn't been updated for renewal, and people don't know how to build chars in renewal yet.

So I take it the old builds are no longer effective in this update?

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

So I take it the old builds are no longer effective in this update?

Correct. Huge changes were made to the game mechanics.

#6 DarkCoffee

DarkCoffee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:09 AM

... Perfect... o_o;;;

Well, all the more incentive to get my main account up and running again while resets are still available... regardless of the fact that I have no money to do so. >_<

#7 neberus

neberus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:06 AM

fow meele char STR AGI & DEX are the most important stats now, thx I make a hydrid build, not very good in the old system, now it perform very nice

#8 orentis

orentis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:36 AM

See, I don't get this. I have a FS priest and her stats are the same that is on the iRO Wiki site, supposedly updated for renewal. And yet I've found my character does not preform like she used to, and I'm assuming it has something to do with the stats. She's INT/VIT, and the iRO wiki still lists that as being best for FS. What gives?

#9 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

See, I don't get this. I have a FS priest and her stats are the same that is on the iRO Wiki site, supposedly updated for renewal. And yet I've found my character does not preform like she used to, and I'm assuming it has something to do with the stats. She's INT/VIT, and the iRO wiki still lists that as being best for FS. What gives?

The simple fact is this, stats do not give the same bang for the buck that they used to. Especially Strength which has become one of the worst imho, which used to be good if you kept it in multiples of 10. Now only good for Weight Limit. Your Attack is better served with a Higher lvl weapon.

Anyway as for the acolytes/priest problems. Heals are weaker and cast times are longer. This makes it tough all around for an aco. Also Matk is weaker and Int doesn't give the bonus it used to. Basically you get 3 Magic attack for every 2 Int (1.5 MAtk per), which is a sharp change from how it used to go. Also the following stats affect MAtk now as well, 5 Dex = +1 MAtk and every 3 Luck = +1 MAtk. Also Cast time is now reduced by both Dex & Int with Dex giving about 2x the reduction of Int.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 20 November 2010 - 02:39 PM.

#10 orentis

orentis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:25 PM

The simple fact is this, stats do not give the same bang for the buck that they used to. Especially Strength which has become one of the worst imho, which used to be good if you kept it in multiples of 10. Now only good for Weight Limit. Your Attack is better served with a Higher lvl weapon.

Anyway as for the acolytes/priest problems. Heals are weaker and cast times are longer. This makes it tough all around for an aco. Also Matk is weaker and Int doesn't give the bonus it used to. Basically you get 3 Magic attack for every 2 Int (1.5 MAtk per), which is a sharp change from how it used to go. Also the following stats affect MAtk now as well, 5 Dex = +1 MAtk and every 3 Luck = +1 MAtk. Also Cast time is now reduced by both Dex & Int with Dex giving about 2x the reduction of Int.

Oh wow, I didn't realize that. So the higher your MAtk the stronger your heals? It looks like Dex and Luck are pretty equal as far as that goes. Is there one that should be higher than the other?

Thanks for the info <_<

#11 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

Oh wow, I didn't realize that. So the higher your MAtk the stronger your heals? It looks like Dex and Luck are pretty equal as far as that goes. Is there one that should be higher than the other?

Thanks for the info <_<

Well for more information on the Heal spell check out the irowiki site here.

The short of it is the following things affect Heal rate:

Base Level
Intelligence
Magic Attack
Weapon Level

The formula for this though is really complicated though lol. Check it out for yourself and see if you agree.

The old formula for Heal was much simpler:

((Base Level + INT) / 8) * Base Heal

Base Heal = 4 + 8 * Skill Level

Meaning if you were lvl 99 and had 99 int and lvl 10 heal you would Heal for 2079 (this is without job bonus int and anything else though, just the three things listed.), and was not really weapon dependent (except for special cases where it gave a specific bonus).

Edited by EvilLoynis, 20 November 2010 - 08:14 PM.

#12 jniedert

jniedert

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Server:all

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

where do i find sam status for stat reset on valk ?

#13 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:06 AM

where do i find sam status for stat reset on valk ?

Way to resurrect my long dead thread for this :P He's right next to the main Kafra in Payon, behind the tree.

#14 genesisSOC

genesisSOC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationKentucky
  • Server:iRO Valkyrie

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:32 PM

Hi-jacking thread, but are there any reliable stat build calculators now? This one is still outdated, like since October. Don't wanna' run into new builds blind in Renewal and make crappy characters for nothing.

Edited by genesisSOC, 02 February 2011 - 10:33 PM.

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:58 AM

Hi-jacking thread, but are there any reliable stat build calculators now? This one is still outdated, like since October. Don't wanna' run into new builds blind in Renewal and make crappy characters for nothing.

There's an updated wushang calc http://calcxre.wushuang.ws/ , but it's really buggy and calculates damage wrong for most skills :-(
That's the best I know of.

#16 genesisSOC

genesisSOC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:15 AM

There's an updated wushang calc http://calcxre.wushuang.ws/ , but it's really buggy and calculates damage wrong for most skills :-(
That's the best I know of.

Indeed, I've tested that one and Doddler's ASPD calculator but they're both showing extremely off ASPD. Thanks though!

Edited by genesisSOC, 03 February 2011 - 10:15 AM.

#17 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:12 AM

Indeed, I've tested that one and Doddler's ASPD calculator but they're both showing extremely off ASPD. Thanks though!

Oh, on the matter of ASPD, that's because ASPD on iRO is all messed up. There were two ASPD formulas that went out to servers for renewal, each with it's own formula and it's own set of base aspd's for each class. We have the class modifiers from one, and the formula from the other.

The formula we have greatly deemphasizes dex, but we have the class modifiers that were balanced assuming dex did matter. That's why ranger aspd is so lousy. Also, rune-knights apparently get better aspd with maces than 2hand swords. When we get the next package of renewal fixes requested by the GMs, hopefully this will be made better.

#18 genesisSOC

genesisSOC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:42 AM

Oh, on the matter of ASPD, that's because ASPD on iRO is all messed up. There were two ASPD formulas that went out to servers for renewal, each with it's own formula and it's own set of base aspd's for each class. We have the class modifiers from one, and the formula from the other.

The formula we have greatly deemphasizes dex, but we have the class modifiers that were balanced assuming dex did matter. That's why ranger aspd is so lousy. Also, rune-knights apparently get better aspd with maces than 2hand swords. When we get the next package of renewal fixes requested by the GMs, hopefully this will be made better.

I see, thanks.

I admit that I'm extremely disappointed that Two-Hand Quicken and Frenzy don't stack any more... And how easy it is to cancel Two-Hand Quicken still. :/

#19 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:51 AM

Well, let's face it, stacking 2HQ and Frenzy was pretty broken.

#20 genesisSOC

genesisSOC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:58 AM

It was really about the only thing a Lord Knight had going for them. <_< Provided you didn't like to use spears, like me.

I don't think it was broken because Two-Hand Quicken/Frenzy were so easy to Dispel, Decrease AGI, Quagmire, trap.. and if they weren't wearing Evil Druid, they could be frozen, stone cursed, Aspersio'd... I thought it was extremely balanced, really. You still couldn't break Emperiums as fast as Assassin Crosses with Enchant Deadly Poison, and it was still difficult to kill truly powerful players using Frenzy.

Edited by genesisSOC, 04 February 2011 - 09:00 AM.

#21 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:28 AM

It was really about the only thing a Lord Knight had going for them. <_< Provided you didn't like to use spears, like me.

I don't think it was broken because Two-Hand Quicken/Frenzy were so easy to Dispel, Decrease AGI, Quagmire, trap.. and if they weren't wearing Evil Druid, they could be frozen, stone cursed, Aspersio'd... I thought it was extremely balanced, really. You still couldn't break Emperiums as fast as Assassin Crosses with Enchant Deadly Poison, and it was still difficult to kill truly powerful players using Frenzy.

IMO, prenewal it put a lot of pressure on agi builds, IMO, because it took away the advantage of Agi for aspd - why get agi to break faster, if you could get the maximum aspd possible with 1 base agi?

To me, "frenzy is the only thing lord knight had going for them, provided you didn't like to use spears" seems like "the sound system was the only thing the BMW had going for it, provided you didn't like to use roads".

And that's if your assessment was accurate. Which it's not, because of Parrying (2h sword only), AB (which only significantly helped agi sword builds in most situations), Spear Dynamo (either the best or second best skill in the LK tree both prenewal and in renewal), and of course you still had BB. Spear LKs, on the other hand, only got 2 useful skills prenewal - frenzy and spear dynamo (CS sucked, except when you could use it to hitlock MVPs). Dynamo and aura blade were the only LK skills i used while leveling mine, and dynamo is the only one that really mattered. Sword builds got more out of LK than spear builds pre-renewal.

Post-renewal, things look quite different.

Frenzy isn't useful like it was before - but it doesn't really even matter IMO:
Emps take 1 from everything, and can't be broken quickly by a single heavy hitting high aspd char. So the performance of one breaker is less important (the stars are minstrels, anyway).
The drop penalty nerfs drops from weak monsters, so you can't use it for item hunting like you could before. Anything weak enough that you'd be able to kill enough of before the end of frenzy to get SP back will have a brutal drop penalty. That sorta kills some of the main uses of it. And frenzy still does perma-endure...

The spear knights fare significantly better, as long as CS remains brokenly powerful (it'll eventually be nerfed, judging by the way heimdallr spoke of it) - while you can CS with swords, all the good CS weapons are still spears. The most likely fix to the CS formula (rejiging parenthesis so weight is multiplied by (A+B*SkillLvl) instead of (A+B*skilllvl)^2, which i'm pretty sure is not intended) will hurt damage with spears more than with swords.

Assuming they ignore the pleas to fix hundered spear, a CS nerf would hit spear RK's pretty hard. In fact, it would sort of reduce the class to Dragon Breath (tao or bryn needed) and StormBlast/Ingition Break (which do significantly more damage with swords; most spears look pretty bad for these)

#22 genesisSOC

genesisSOC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

IMO, prenewal it put a lot of pressure on agi builds, IMO, because it took away the advantage of Agi for aspd - why get agi to break faster, if you could get the maximum aspd possible with 1 base agi?

Because if you just had 1 AGI, you were only useful during Frenzy (That is, if you're a pure 2h Sword LK). And if you're only useful during Frenzy, then you're really easy to counter. Decrease AGI, and/or Quagmire. You're now worthless.

And that's if your assessment was accurate. Which it's not, because of Parrying (2h sword only), AB (which only significantly helped agi sword builds in most situations), Spear Dynamo (either the best or second best skill in the LK tree both prenewal and in renewal), and of course you still had BB. Spear LKs, on the other hand, only got 2 useful skills prenewal - frenzy and spear dynamo (CS sucked, except when you could use it to hitlock MVPs). Dynamo and aura blade were the only LK skills i used while leveling mine, and dynamo is the only one that really mattered. Sword builds got more out of LK than spear builds pre-renewal.

Spears could still get BB just fine. In fact, Spears are better at BB'ng than swords are in WoE, because you can still use a shield, got way better range, and don't have to worry about your Quicken getting eaten. My LK build was hybrid VIT/AGI and I had Aura Blade, Spear Dynamo, Parrying and Frenzy, as well as Bowling Bash. I rarely used Frenzy when leveling, it was more of a back up if I was about to die (and if I died, that means my party did too unless they tele'd). I think swords were intended to be overall better for LKs than spears, but spears still had options and uses. I liked it that way. But overall in WoE, spears were much better because of how easy it was to cancel Quicken.

Frenzy isn't useful like it was before - but it doesn't really even matter IMO:
Emps take 1 from everything, and can't be broken quickly by a single heavy hitting high aspd char. So the performance of one breaker is less important (the stars are minstrels, anyway).
The drop penalty nerfs drops from weak monsters, so you can't use it for item hunting like you could before. Anything weak enough that you'd be able to kill enough of before the end of frenzy to get SP back will have a brutal drop penalty. That sorta kills some of the main uses of it. And frenzy still does perma-endure...

That I didn't know about Emperiums now. But that's still in the favor of Frenzy and Quicken not stacking. They -should- still stack so we can achieve max ASPD and support Emperium breaking. As for PvM, it just doesn't sound near as useful. But I'm still not thinking in renewal terms properly as there's still so much I don't know about it or have seen for my self.

Also, I'm not thinking in third job terms. But in LK terms.. Frenzy and Quicken not stacking makes me cringe. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users