ShinJidaiNoKami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPhantasmagoria
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

So recently i have noticed that with 97% hit chance i miss to often.Even on lvl 49s where i am supposed to have 101% i still miss.what is going wrong with that?I do not have any debuffs on me.So do mobs have avoidance or what?Is hit rating % displayed incorrectly?

Please help me out on this one :D

Edited by ShinJidaiNoKami, 12 May 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#2 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

So recently i have noticed that with 97% hit chance i miss to often.Even on lvl 49s where i am supposed to have 101% i still miss.what is going wrong with that?I do not have any debuffs on me.So do mobs have avoidance or what?Is hit rating % displayed incorrectly?

Please help me out on this one :D

Well of course mobs have avoidance. Would be pretty stupid if they didn't and we all hit them 100% of the time. But i will say this game has one of the most atrocious miss rates i've ever seen. I often get 4-5 misses in a row even fighting mobs 1-2 levels lower than myself. So its not a complete bug, but i do think they need to tweak things a bit cause we as players miss way to much. I can understand if it was just on certain types of mobs like thief bugs which is how it was in RO1, but its a universal thing.

#3 Zhenocnra

Zhenocnra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

Well of course mobs have avoidance. Would be pretty stupid if they didn't and we all hit them 100% of the time. But i will say this game has one of the most atrocious miss rates i've ever seen. I often get 4-5 misses in a row even fighting mobs 1-2 levels lower than myself. So its not a complete bug, but i do think they need to tweak things a bit cause we as players miss way to much. I can understand if it was just on certain types of mobs like thief bugs which is how it was in RO1, but its a universal thing.

I'm pretty sure you completely missed the point of this thread. The OP is fighting level 49 monsters at level 50. The character being used has a 97% hit rate which has been obtained through the addition of +hit on the gear. By default your character has a lower hit rate, somewhere around the lower 90's to high 80's depending on the monsters you're fighting. The OP is saying this specific hit rate has a abnormal miss rate given that he should have a 101% hit rate at level 50 fighting level 49 monsters.

#4 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

I'm pretty sure you completely missed the point of this thread. The OP is fighting level 49 monsters at level 50. The character being used has a 97% hit rate which has been obtained through the addition of +hit on the gear. By default your character has a lower hit rate, somewhere around the lower 90's to high 80's depending on the monsters you're fighting. The OP is saying this specific hit rate has a abnormal miss rate given that he should have a 101% hit rate at level 50 fighting level 49 monsters.

I didn't miss the point at all, but apparently you did with my post. What you don't understand is that just like we have dodge, so do monsters. So yes i understand the OP is lvl 50 and fighting a lvl 49 monster. I understand what it says on the tooltip for if he were fighting lvl 49 monsters. I also understand that that number you see is if the monster has 0 dodge which no monster has just 0 dodge.

With all of this understanding, i then went on to say that even with that, i do believe the miss rate in this game is a bit to high, but it's not necessarily a complete bug. Since it's merely my opinion that its to high and this is coming from a tank with tank gear so i have no gear that gives +hit so it could very well be just fine. Honestly if i had a full gear set of the hit/vigor/haste, i really wouldn't see it being any issue.

#5 Zhenocnra

Zhenocnra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

I didn't miss the point at all, but apparently you did with my post.

"Well of course mobs have avoidance. Would be pretty stupid if they didn't and we all hit them 100% of the time."

What you don't understand is that in English this means you're answering the OP's question by telling the OP there is "avoidance/dodge" even though the OP has 101% chance to hit. You do realize 101 > 100, correct? It's not "stupid" at all if we were able to hit monsters 100% of the time given enough hit.

Ever heard of dexterity and accuracy?

Edited by Zhenocnra, 12 May 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#6 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

"Well of course mobs have avoidance. Would be pretty stupid if they didn't and we all hit them 100% of the time."

What you don't understand is that in English this means you're answering the OP's question by telling the OP there is "avoidance/dodge" even though the OP has 101% chance to hit. You do realize 101 > 100, correct? It's not "stupid" at all if we were able to hit monsters 100% of the time given enough hit.

Ever heard of dexterity and accuracy?

Dude can you read? I mean seriously, are you capable of reading? I know you can write but learn to read. Please. I can't believe i have to spell this out slowly for you when i perfectly explained it already. It works like this.

101% hit vs mobs 30% avoidance(dodge) = 69% chance to hit. It's not exactly like that but that's the general way it works. Your hit is pitted against the monsters dodge. So YES it makes perfect sense that you are not hitting 100% of the time even if you have over 100% hit because like i said in my very first post, mobs have avoidance.

#7 Zhenocnra

Zhenocnra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

Dude can you read? I mean seriously, are you capable of reading? I know you can write but learn to read. Please. I can't believe i have to spell this out slowly for you when i perfectly explained it already. It works like this.

101% hit vs mobs 30% avoidance(dodge) = 69% chance to hit. It's not exactly like that but that's the general way it works. Your hit is pitted against the monsters dodge. So YES it makes perfect sense that you are not hitting 100% of the time even if you have over 100% hit because like i said in my very first post, mobs have avoidance.

You're asking me if I can read but you're assuming I was even talking about the 101% hit rate WITH a character is a level 50 class attacking a level 49 monster in my previous post. It's more like are you even able to read without assuming, lmao.

The only reason there is a hit rate attribute in this game is because there's a dodge rate attribute. That was established in the OP's post.

Edited by Zhenocnra, 12 May 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#8 ShinJidaiNoKami

ShinJidaiNoKami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPhantasmagoria

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

This is what you said right?(Please dont argue guys i its just a forum) :D

Meaning if a mob has 30% avoidance and i have 130% hit i will not miss ever ever on it? LIke does hit over 100% counter mobs avoidance?Or would it still have 30% avoid against my attacks?

#9 Zhenocnra

Zhenocnra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

Meaning if a mob has 30% avoidance and i have 130% hit i will not miss ever ever on it? LIke does hit over 100% counter mobs avoidance?Or would it still have 30% avoid against my attacks?

Shh, sephy thinks it's "not a complete bug" but it still makes "perfect sense". Shin, that's called conflicting information but he doesn't realize that yet. ;D I wasn't arguing. I just wanted to see how long it took him to notice he doesn't know how to read his own writing.

#10 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Ignore Zhenocnra ShinJi, but you got the right of it. If you had 130% hit and the mob had 30% avoidance, you would then hit them 100% of the time. The thing is, we don't know the mobs avoidance values though. Maybe number crunchers can figure it out through extensive testing but there's no database(to my knowledge) that lists them out for public knowledge. So it could be lower than 30% or it could be higher. I dont know if all mobs have the same rates, or if some have higher than others.

#11 ShinJidaiNoKami

ShinJidaiNoKami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPhantasmagoria

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

W/e guys just please reply on this

Need to know.

#12 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

I know you were probably typing your post when i was still typing mine but yea i answered you in my last post.

#13 ShinJidaiNoKami

ShinJidaiNoKami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPhantasmagoria

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Ok thank you very much both of you :D

#14 Illana

Illana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

I also have a theory:

Your hit rate is some hidden value and the hit % actually increases that value by a certain amount

for example your hit rate was 20 and you have 97% hit stat, this means your hit rate is actually 39.4, 20 increased by 97% or 20*1.97

All monsters also have a dodge rate and the difference between your hit rate and their dodge rate determines the amount of misses you do.

for example the monster has 45 dodge rate to your 39.4 hit rate your hit % would be (39.4/45)*100 which ends up at 87.6%.

Edited by Illana, 12 May 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#15 Shiroyukika

Shiroyukika

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

It seem that hit rating broken or must be increasing. Some time i'm missing at mobs of my lvl 5-6 time in a row, this really annoying me. My hit rating around 98%, and i'm understand that mobs have dodge rating too, but they have so much of it. Always missed mob of my lvl 3-4 time in battle, but max time of misses counts 16 times... I undertant if i miss mobs 1-2 time in battle, this normal, but when you miss 5-16 times it seems so much.

P.S. Sorry if my english so bad, not native language.

Edited by Shiroyukika, 23 May 2013 - 01:09 AM.

#16 ragnawind

ragnawind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

There are actual hit values, Around the 30 range in level, most classes have over 1000 of of it. It is found by going to your character status and hovering the mouse over the Hit %. In the top-right of the tooltip, it reads the actual value. Enemies probably have a similar value for the dodge % and a formula used to determine a new hit% against that specific enemy.

#17 Blackthunder

Blackthunder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

Im lvl 46wiz, with loots of hit, was today back in the novice area and miss on a lvl 6mob :D
Well sometimes the Misses seems realy much, especially if monsters are Higher level then you. Even it says like 98% Hitrate on that level, it feels like 6/10 hits are misses.
Leveling up, seems to be a heavy factor in the Hit or Miss Calc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users