How to Force Patch The Newest Client (5/15) - Page 2 - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

How to Force Patch The Newest Client (5/15)

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#26 KalamariChris

KalamariChris

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

Quick fix that worked for me. Go to your game files and delete the HShield folder, run the game and it works. Hope this helps!

Edited by KalamariChris, 15 May 2013 - 06:26 AM.

#27 Ryogure

Ryogure

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

Here you go guys, lazy to copy and paste here, most people will not see it on page 2:
http://forums.warppo...tch-fail-error/

#28 NewbieEsnoar

NewbieEsnoar

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

This is problem with server.
How i am updated game :
1 step
Install wget (download http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/ and copy wget.exe to dir windows/system32)
2 step
Open CMD (Win+R , write "cmd")
3 step
For download patch file write into cmd :
wget -r --tries=5000 64.94.115.11/Patch/Global/Client/Patch/00000018.RTP
4 step
Go to the directory with downloaded patch file (default C:\Users\you_windows_login)
and copy file 00000018.RTP to dir Pathes in the dir, when installed Ragnarok 2
Default ("C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Ragnarok Online 2\Patches")
5 step
Launch the client (RO2Client.exe)
And wait update :)
6 step
Play :)

Ok I have got my client to work and I am ingame right now. As stated in my above post I followed finall2's instructions to get the patch downloaded and successfully applied. So once you have done that and are still getting the Hackshield error, do this:

Go to your Ragnarok Online 2 directory (Steam, steamapps, common etc) find the 'MD5FileList.txt' file and Delete it completely.
After you have deleted it run the RO2client directly from the Application in the same folder. It will go through a short process to re-acquire what you just deleted.
Once that is completed and you are at the splash window with 'START' button, exit out and restart the client through Steam.

Mine is working now after doing this, hope it helps others.

These steps worked for me, i have Windows 8 and i dont have steam. Ty very much :D. Btw, These issues get down your performance so far WP,

#29 pedrohpaes

pedrohpaes

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

Still getting:
Posted Image
Nothing seems to work.

Edited by pedrohpaes, 15 May 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#30 vacute17

vacute17

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

ive been doing everything nothings happening i mean i already fixed the patching issue but it went back to the hackshield issue! any other fixes out there? I mean come on! everytime there's a new update I always get this hackshield error, last patch I was able to fix it by disabling proxy settings on my browsers but its not working anymore.

#31 KalamariChris

KalamariChris

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

For HSHIELD errors try going to your game files and delete the HSHIELD folder, this should force your game to redownload the file and it should work after that.

#32 vacute17

vacute17

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

I deleted my HSIELD folder still same error 000003090

#33 GhostAeonWolf

GhostAeonWolf

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

same for me, deleted hshield folder but still gettin same hshield error.

#34 KalamariChris

KalamariChris

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

Mmm the hsheild delete worked for two of my PCs.... Perhaps its your firewall, try disabling it when you start the game, delete the Hshield folder again and try it with your firewall down. Don't forget to turn it back on afterwords.

#35 LordCalibur

LordCalibur

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPennyslvania, USA
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

Yeah, that still didn't work I still got the HShield error

#36 GhostAeonWolf

GhostAeonWolf

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

have whole RO2 folder in Exceptions.

#37 LordCalibur

LordCalibur

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPennyslvania, USA
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

How do you possibly do that, I believe that would take up too much time. Haha

#38 Vnyla

Vnyla

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

I had an error window pop up referring to the hackshield. Avast had also popped up with a notification window.. Something about potentially harmful malware or what-not.

So I checked out this forum and checked out what they said about the Gravity folder.. My gravity folder is either empty or the system hid the files from me (why in god's name would they do this? I AM ADMINISTRATOR! Microsoft for you.)

My problem lied with the Avast Sandbox system. I had to tell Avast to open the program nomally >.>

I hope this helps with anyone who's dealing with an issue that may actually be because of Avast.

:3

#39 8746130507111612100

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

for appropriate patching, I've re-download client 10 min. but Ugh! Still getting HSproblem.

finall2 Thank you, your post about patch helped! ;)

recently I've same problem with HShield, turn off my antiVirus software and get through but now it isn't helping.

Clear DNS: Checked
turn off firewall/antivirus completely: Checked
force redownload of HShield: Checked
checking host file: Checked

Any suggestions how to get rid of this?

Error Code 0x30000030 is a client-side error that occurs when HackShield is unable to successfully connect to the update server to check for the latest HackShield update.

May be we can download it manually from some where?

Edited by 8746130507111612100, 15 May 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#40 Jagato

Jagato

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationInmy chair
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:RO 2 Odin

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

I got the client fixed, but none of the for mentioned suggestions fix my hack shield error, any ideas Moderators?

#41 Jagato

Jagato

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationInmy chair
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:RO 2 Odin

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

So I am to assume that use that can;t get past hack shield are sol, Community Managers and answer would be nice

#42 NitsuSaiNeko

NitsuSaiNeko

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

Same here about the HackShield problem... It'll be nice if someone can help.

#43 MystNinja

MystNinja

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

This is problem with server.
How i am updated game :
1 step
Install wget (download http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/ and copy wget.exe to dir windows/system32)
2 step
Open CMD (Win+R , write "cmd")
3 step
For download patch file write into cmd :
wget -r --tries=5000 64.94.115.11/Patch/Global/Client/Patch/00000018.RTP
4 step
Go to the directory with downloaded patch file (default C:\Users\you_windows_login)
and copy file 00000018.RTP to dir Pathes in the dir, when installed Ragnarok 2
Default ("C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Ragnarok Online 2\Patches")
5 step
Launch the client (RO2Client.exe)
And wait update :)
6 step
Play :)

I appreciate the effort but it didn't work for me. I guess I am stuck waiting til they actually fix it.

#44 KalamariChris

KalamariChris

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Okay alright then try manually patching the hackshield through the hackshield program directly instead of running it through RO2. Got to your game files and find the HSHIELD folder than run the HSUpdate program.

#45 shadowashe

shadowashe

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

So my sister got the hackshield error to start and I came in to try and help her and she said her game hadn't even shown it was patching so I followed the directions of the first post here and it failed to patch at 50% like other users as well. When I saw the comment about deleting the HShield folder I figured what the hell, so I deleted it and it didn't work at first so I changed the numbers back to 18 ran the launcher again and it worked! Sooo if you tried deleting the folder make sure your numbers say 18 again. Also if you run Webroot try disabling it, it constantly causes problems with my game, mostly hackshield speed errors, but when I turn it off I'm able to play. Hope this helps someone. Good luck my fellow gamers. *gives cookies to frustrated peers* :hmm:

#46 Oritzia

Oritzia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationFlying over the moon
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

I got it fixed for one day, it's going on two weeks.
This is just turning out to be such a colossal waste of time.
I want nothing but to play this game, and I have friends that want to play with me, well.. I just need them to try it because they are usually on board.
What they are not on board for is waiting 2 weeks or longer to see if the developers are actually going to address the issue or at least talk to the community about it.
I'm actually really surprised they are going to be doing an AMA, when a good chunk of people have connectivity issues.
How can you even call yourselves a professional company if you can't even address your community properly. It might seem like I am being harsh and I'm sorry for the tough love but, man I really want to be playing this game I can't even get passed level twenty because I simply can't login.
PLEASE, just ditch hackshield or at least tell us you are working on it and you are aware we are having this issue.

Edited by Oritzia, 15 May 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#47 Hailstorm

Hailstorm

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

None of any ones solutions are working, ive tried them all, i've re-downloaded the Steam RO2 and downloaded the RO2 from WP. I've spent all day trying to fix this, got to the point to where client would patch Hackshield would load all the way but then the client would stop responding. Every time I try to launch the game I have to restart my computer because Task manager wont close it. Does WP really have 2 retards trying to do maintenance or what?You guys aren't even telling us that you are working on it.....let alone ive noticed the solution you gave us is crap, its the reason my patches where stopping at 50% and giving me patch errors.....FIX -_- DONT MAKE IT WORSE!!!!!! ONE GUY FROM BLIZZARD CAN DO ALL YOUR JOBS BETTER!!!!

#48 8746130507111612100

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

Hey, folks! Have some news for you yesterday evening I take my other PC and what do you know get updated my RO2 with HackShield. My problem was, Kaspersky Antivirus. Pro-Active defense of Kaspersky Internet Security said

PDM.Suspicious driver installation Ragnarok Online2 - Legend of The Second D:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RAGNAROK ONLINE 2\SHIPPING\RAG2.EXE

So basically it is my problem. That I solved by allowing any actions for that program.

Whatever it helps me, but I remember about you all. So here is Rar Archive of my RO2 Hshield folder

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Go File -> Download. To download it on your PC. Un-RAR and replace folder you got in your game directory with one you un-RAR'ed

P.S. Hope this will help you. Also it may be bottleneck on google.docs that cant handle al ot of users downloading the same file

Alternative link to Archive:

https://sites.google...kuraudomccleod/

Edited by 8746130507111612100, 15 May 2013 - 11:12 PM.

#49 GhostAeonWolf

GhostAeonWolf

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

Finally.
You, SER... welcome to pantheon of my gods.

#50 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

It is an HShield issue, however it's not an issue that can be resolved by redownloading or getting the HShield files from another source in any way. HShield is encountering some sort of fatal error when it tries to update and it's occurring on the current revision. If you've tried everything like I have(even trying some magic of my own being directly involved with online video game debugging), then it's nothing we can do on our side short of doing something that would violate Terms of Service. I guess it's time to get back to practicing FF, Ragnarok, and Vocaloid piano songs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users